Jump to content
zwara81

I guess some box expansions got canned

Recommended Posts

I managed to enter my address and they ask 47,80 USD for shipping!!!!!!! This is the WORST news from FFG: publishing an expansion that everybody wants, but cannot afford because of shipping costs and they don't distribute it to Europe (or outside US) 😞 Asmodee destroyed FFG!!!!! I will never be able to get it 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tibia said:

I managed to enter my address and they ask 47,80 USD for shipping!!!!!!! This is the WORST news from FFG: publishing an expansion that everybody wants, but cannot afford because of shipping costs and they don't distribute it to Europe (or outside US) 😞 Asmodee destroyed FFG!!!!! I will never be able to get it 😞

Wait, what? What's given you the idea that it's only available on the FFG website? I've not seen that anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all wish to see thoses final heroes and maybe it could, since at least 2 miniatures already exists from Runebound V3 (Red scorpion and Eliam).
And Heroes of Terrinoth features the new artwork from Landrec, and we saw on the app that Red scorpion, Brother Glyr, Mad Carthos and Varikas the dead have artwork too, so maybe they are created somewhere.

Let us all buy this expansion as crazy and we may see more !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Taear said:

Wait, what? What's given you the idea that it's only available on the FFG website? I've not seen that anywhere.

I read (I think in this thread) that it is a POD (Print On Demand) expansion, in fact there is no release date.

Edited by tibia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, tibia said:

I managed to enter my address and they ask 47,80 USD for shipping!!!!!!! This is the WORST news from FFG: publishing an expansion that everybody wants, but cannot afford because of shipping costs and they don't distribute it to Europe (or outside US) 😞 Asmodee destroyed FFG!!!!! I will never be able to get it 😞

Erm, not every store that carries FFG also carries their POD, but I can guarantee you that you'll be able to get it (and at a reasonable price).

On 2/11/2019 at 11:08 PM, Swissman said:

Great News! 🙂 hope for a german version! 🙂 

Asmodee Germany is but a pale shadow of what Heidelberger Spiele used to be, but I'd be astonished if this - uniquely - didn't get a German release.

On 2/11/2019 at 8:15 PM, Lightningclaw said:

Anyway, now the classes are perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

For my OCD to be fully satisfied, it'd need to also have two new female heroes, but this is close enough. (The case of the remaining 1E heroes is more a matter of principle.) My bank account weeps, though, as now I have to buy all the expansions I'd been refusing to get due to this imbalance.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:51 PM, mulletcheese said:

FFG have a history of giving some of their games a good send off, completing the classes and hybrids does make it seem like this is the end.

Yep. It seems like forever that the Descent team had supposedly been working on something, so I have a hard time believing that it was always meant to be just this, but either way rounding out a range of cards (via print-on-demand, to boot) is one thing, rounding out a range of miniatures (more specifically, convincing your higher-ups to invest in such) something else entirely (case in point: BattleLore 2E), so I find the chances for the remaining 1E heroes to be released exceedingly slim and any optimism that this bodes well for any further 2E physical releases tragically misplaced. If we were getting more campaign books, we'd have gotten a second one years ago. RtL thoroughly killed any and all chances for additional physical co-op expansions. And as much as I'd want more variety in environs (and a few classic enemy types yet to be covered), there is no chance in the Ynfaernal that we'll get to visit Isheim, Al-Kalim, or Zanaga (nor Aymhelin Forests, Dunwarr Mountains & Molten Heath, or Ru Steppes & Broken Plains). I'm guessing two more free app campaigns to cover all existing boxed expansions digitally, and then that'll be it for Descent 2E. Farewell.

On 2/11/2019 at 10:56 PM, player33475 said:

I doubt we will see a 3rd edition for a year or two. However, a chunk of the line being on reprint isn't necessarily an indication than a new edition isn't in the pipeline IME with FFG.

Yeah, this is either the last or - given enough demand - the second to last chance to complete your Descent 2E collection. As far as I am concerned, I definitely won't be buying into a third edition - partially due to the gaps in the second edition mentioned above, and especially due to the all but guaranteed mandatory inclusion of a DRM-infested app, but the general populace seems to prefer buying core set after core set to expansions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to pre-order it but the S&H tells me it is nearly twice what the pack costs. There is an online store that I enjoy that normally sells FF's print on demand stuff. I'll wait and see if they sell it or if I can get it somewhere else for a reasonable price.

FF really does have some of the worst S&H costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 5:20 AM, DerDelphi said:

After thinking a bit more about this, it's a shame that there is no mentioning of the inclusion of 5 alternate skill cards for the marshal, prophet and wildlander for use with Road to Legend. It would have been a great opportunity to get the skills of these classes working for RtL.

That would be awesome...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TechnoGolem said:

I was going to pre-order it but the S&H tells me it is nearly twice what the pack costs. There is an online store that I enjoy that normally sells FF's print on demand stuff. I'll wait and see if they sell it or if I can get it somewhere else for a reasonable price.

FF really does have some of the worst S&H costs.

I'd suggest seeing if your favorite local game store can order it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 3:51 PM, mulletcheese said:

FFG have a history of giving some of their games a good send off, completing the classes and hybrids does make it seem like this is the end.

There's a new expansion not even out yet, excellent reason to panic that the games over. I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce you to the perpetual panic thread for all of your perpetual panic needs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have mixed feelings here.  I'm excited to finally have new physical content for Descent and that they finally balanced out the hybrid classes.  I'm disappointed however at another missed opportunity to add more of the missing heroes.  I was especially hoping for Red Scorpion since I like her new artwork in Runebound.  Her artwork (along with several others) has already been included in Road to Legend for over 2 years now, but they still haven't made a new "official" character card for her in 2E.  And for that reason she's still not able to be selected in RtL, so I guess I'll have to proxy a different character image for her and continue to use her Conversion Kit card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

> I'd suggest seeing if your favorite local game store can order it.

"We currently don't carry Lost Legends however we've noted this inquiry to track the number of customers interested to purchase this product. Hopefully we'll decide to get one in the future, we will update the website accordingly if that happens. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BruceLGL said:

> I'd suggest seeing if your favorite local game store can order it.

"We currently don't carry Lost Legends however we've noted this inquiry to track the number of customers interested to purchase this product. Hopefully we'll decide to get one in the future, we will update the website accordingly if that happens. "

This concerns me. My FLGS has kept only the base game and occasionally a random expansion (Chains That Rust right now) in stock.

I really hope I can order through them, but I haven’t a clue how their orders work, since this is a small pack for a nine year old game that's been eclipsed by other FFG products.

Only one way to find out...

Edited by Lightningclaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am more than happy with this new hero classes. I really hope they will release a new campain for the App so we can test the new classes in a coop game. This adds so much to future campains in the app. (which I am sure will be realsed)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand the whole thing about the app. Going strait on mindless monsters with no strategy at all is no fun really. 

I wish for more usual content. Even if it is only quest book

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 10:12 AM, MarcelloKing said:

I am more than happy with this new hero classes. I really hope they will release a new campain for the App so we can test the new classes in a coop game. This adds so much to future campains in the app. (which I am sure will be realsed)

Why would you need a new campaign to try out these new classes? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The news actually made me order Stewards of the secret, the only pack I was missing, always procrastinated on that one. Still in the middle of creating my own excel macro-based app to spice up Descent. If anything, I thank FFG for causing a spike in my own interest.

It is a fine goodbye to Descent until 3E, which I sincerely hope will come given time (mini quality has progressed a lot since it forst came out and new ways to play are always welcome). Thanks FFG :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2019 at 6:59 PM, Lightningclaw said:

This concerns me. My FLGS has kept only the base game and occasionally a random expansion (Chains That Rust right now) in stock.

I really hope I can order through them, but I haven’t a clue how their orders work, since this is a small pack for a nine year old game that's been eclipsed by other FFG products.

Only one way to find out...

I just got home from pre-ordering through my FLGS so I can confirm it's possible. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bucho said:

I just got home from pre-ordering through my FLGS so I can confirm it's possible. Good luck!

Do you live outside USA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 10:36 AM, rugal said:

I don't understand the whole thing about the app. Going strait on mindless monsters with no strategy at all is no fun really.

Its the Future, i think if Descent 3 comes it is a Boardgame with only APP-Content how MoM2. For the broad Masses (the Mainstream), well for the Buisness...the Nerdgames dies ☹️

Edited by Grubby12345

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×