Pooleman

AT-ST Down. FFG gives us another awesome preview.

On 2/12/2019 at 10:41 AM, NeonWolf said:

The exact wording is under Movement on pg. 40 of the RRG, currently in blue text as it was added during the last update.

The bullet point directly beneath this one states this:

The issue is that if a repulsor vehicle end their move with any part of their base hanging over a "ledge" then they are required to back up along the movement tool until it does not then take damage equal to their movement speed. The word "ledge" can get a little iffy as to exactly what the devs meant when they added it and no one has received/shared any clarification from them if they have received any.

Is that not only an issue with the mandatory move?   Otherwise you can use a lower speed.

Just now, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Is that not only an issue with the mandatory move?   Otherwise you can use a lower speed.

Correct, but that is the thing people are having an issue with, I think. If your speeder bikes end up having to take 3 damage on a compulsory move that is a dead bike, and on the T-47 that could end up the same way if you have taken some damage already.

It all comes down to the table you are playing on as well. If you have a lot of terrain that doesn't have flat surfaces to place units on then this rule is a non-issue, but if you are playing with lots of flat-topped terrain then it comes up more.

6 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

And your response to everything is "Here's how D6 did it 150 years ago, let's all go back to that." (I don't know how to put a guffawing smiley here to demonstrate my tone, so please take my comment in the good humor in which it was intended.)

In TauntaunScout's defense, WEG D6 was pretty great. I personally would say that it still hasn't been bested. It's just hard to find people to play with. 

38 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

Correct, but that is the thing people are having an issue with, I think. If your speeder bikes end up having to take 3 damage on a compulsory move that is a dead bike, and on the T-47 that could end up the same way if you have taken some damage already.

It all comes down to the table you are playing on as well. If you have a lot of terrain that doesn't have flat surfaces to place units on then this rule is a non-issue, but if you are playing with lots of flat-topped terrain then it comes up more.

Have we not seen the movies?   I mean, there was at least one real good example of just that happening.   Scout trooper did not plan for that tree stump. 😜

9 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

And your response to everything is "Here's how D6 did it 150 years ago, let's all go back to that." (I don't know how to put a guffawing smiley here to demonstrate my tone, so please take my comment in the good humor in which it was intended.)

Not true I have two other canned responses!

• go buy lots of core sets
  • go watch Teri Litorco's painting videos

My hope is for movie scenarios, or better yet, movie campaigns. For example, a 5 part Endor campaign starting with rebel infiltration and ending in an all out battle to destroy the shield generator.

Edited by JBar

31 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

It would be weird to see them running around on a bunch of different worlds helping the rebellion.

Yeah but FFG doesn't show much restraint in that regard though.

An ewok operative might be funny though. More like ye olde PC template.