Pooleman

AT-ST Down. FFG gives us another awesome preview.

16 minutes ago, docForsaken said:

i can't tell you how much i love this.  i hope they follow suit with more battlefield expansions.  I'd pay 50 bucks for a few nights of new play, plus a beautiful model to paint, plus replayable pieces after.  Bravo!

Yeah, I’d love to see more of these. I’d like to see some cheaper ones like priority supplies though - more objectives or terrain with a mini campaign just maybe a bit smaller so more affordable (and easier to integrate into a standard board for ultimate re-use).

But I see this as the awesome home game night - have a few folks over and play the mission campaign.

4 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

I'm buying this right away. But yeah , as long as someone you know buys it you can try out the mini campaign so its not for everyone per se.

I have two circles of Legion players. One set is all tournament oriented though we play the operations when that’s the game night format. The other are coworkers all about the casual gaming.

The problem is we all are interested, so clearly we don’t all need to go buy the $50 prop. :) I may proxy the terrain piece with one I already possess (a tie fighter crash site) since I imagine the cards will be spoiled.

Eventually I’ll get it because it looks sharp. It’s just not my immediate priority when I have lots of Terrain and a solution to play the game out. Got a tank to buy after all. And Bossk. And some new unannounced corps units (we know they’re coming because of that podcast interview “units I can’t tell you about” in his playtest and no mention of any corps units)

7 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Yeah, I’d love to see more of these. I’d like to see some cheaper ones like priority supplies though - more objectives or terrain with a mini campaign just maybe a bit smaller so more affordable (and easier to integrate into a standard board for ultimate re-use).

But I see this as the awesome home game night - have a few folks over and play the mission campaign.

I have two circles of Legion players. One set is all tournament oriented though we play the operations when that’s the game night format. The other are coworkers all about the casual gaming.

The problem is we all are interested, so clearly we don’t all need to go buy the $50 prop. :) I may proxy the terrain piece with one I already possess (a tie fighter crash site) since I imagine the cards will be spoiled.

Eventually I’ll get it because it looks sharp. It’s just not my immediate priority when I have lots of Terrain and a solution to play the game out. Got a tank to buy after all. And Bossk. And some new unannounced corps units (we know they’re coming because of that podcast interview “units I can’t tell you about” in his playtest and no mention of any corps units)

Which interview was this? I’d like to give it a listen. 

3 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

Which interview was this? I’d like to give it a listen. 

Fifth Trooper podcast interview Luke from the design team. At one point Luke is asked what his favorite playtesting army is. He answers Krennic, a deathtrooper, 3x eweb, and “six things I can’t tell you about.” Means at least one new corps unit, possibly other new things.

12 hours ago, Attackmack said:

It seems more likely that three of the cards are for "act 1" and the other three are for "act 2".

I was really hoping for at least SOME generic content, this one will have to wait for me. Especially since I got an extra unassembled ATST just waiting to be chopped to pieces and made into scenery 😮

Also, the instant I saw the news I first read "downed ATAT expansion" and my heart skipped beats right up until I reread the headline -_- 

6 battle cards included. 3 each (the green fluff card which is usually the conditon, objective and deployment) for acts 1 and 2.

If this thing hasnt got any usability in standard play i think it will be a dead duck.

15 minutes ago, Ophion said:

6 battle cards included. 3 each (the green fluff card which is usually the conditon, objective and deployment) for acts 1 and 2.

If this thing hasnt got any usability in standard play i think it will be a dead duck.

I hope they make more of these.  I think it would be worse to include standard play cards because a lot of people would essentially be paying $50 for them.  This way those that aren't interested in campaign play can just pass on it.

8 hours ago, DarkTrooperZero said:

Haven't listed yet but do all these fancy pant podcasts who get to talk to developers ever press the point that things need fixing?

What needs fixing?

14 hours ago, buckero0 said:

US. I can't remember if it was Cyber Monday or what and I almost took the plunge. ATST was $24.99 and the Snowspeeder was $17.99 or something cheap. 

Core sets were fluctuating constantly between $44 and $54 from FFG, and a 3rd party was selling AT-ST's for $17 and Snowspeeders for $9.

I bought a LOT of stuff. Enough that I think I'll sell 2/3rd of my painted Hoth-not-Hoth rebel stuff. Then paint a core set's worth of rebels in Endor and Scariff or custom color schemes. Then I'll have 2 troops and an AT-RT on which to base an army for any theater.

Edited by TauntaunScout

23 minutes ago, riker2800 said:

T-47 airspeeder and this overhang rule which is completely useless.

All of my concerns are usually addressed in one of two ways:

1) It's not supposed to be simulationist it's Star Wars, haw haw haw!

2) Just because that thing is broken doesn't mean it's broken, look at this math out of context.

I'm going to pass on this.   Frankly, it is not worth it for my very limited gaming budget.   

I love the concept, but with all the battlefield cards being for the same scenario, the replay and versatility of this expansion is minimal.   

I honestly see my self playing this a couple of times and it just being terrain.   If the objective/battlefield cards were not for a scenario, I would consider.

19 hours ago, Jman444 said:

This narrative and terrain look like it will not only be a lot of fun to play but to paint too! I can see this opening the door to more non-competitive miniatures like narratives with Jawas and Tusken Raiders, an AT-AT to use and play against, or even a Rancor that attacks both players' units...

I hope so too. The atst itself Ill probably pass on, but I do hope it opens the door to more neutral/world building minis. My priority is painting 1st then casual gaming so something like this appeals to me even if the price is slightly prohibitive 

12 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

I want this problem. I'm not sure we have enough to form a circle.  Where do you live ScummyRebel?

29 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

I want this problem. I'm not sure we have enough to form a circle.  Where do you live ScummyRebel?

About 20 min from FFG GC 🙂 there’s a loyal group of maybe 6 guys that show up for Legion night (assuming it’s not a blizzard out like last week or this week), plus some others that stop in and out on occasion.

My coworkers also have the more campaign-y, narrative play interest and we’ve played games on home boards.

35 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

I think the T-47 platform is fine. The overhang rule is ridiculous. 

I keep hearing about this overhang rule but I missed out on the news, can you explain the ruling?

11 minutes ago, Zeph01 said:

I keep hearing about this overhang rule but I missed out on the news, can you explain the ruling?

In shot, no part of a mini base should protrude when landing on a piece of terrain. Which is a big problem for the Airspeeder since its base is large.

27 minutes ago, Zeph01 said:

The exact wording is under Movement on pg. 40 of the RRG, currently in blue text as it was added during the last update.

A mini's base cannot be placed such that any part of it overhangs a ledge.

The bullet point directly beneath this one states this:

A unit must be placed as flat as possible on the battlefield after performing any type of move. Not all terrain that a unit could end their move on top of is perfectly flat and players should agree before playing as to what terrain units cannot end their movement on; however, as a general rule, if overlapping a piece of terrain causes a mini to be  unstable or fall over, or causes the mini’s base to be at an angle greater than 45 degrees, that mini cannot end a move in that position.

The issue is that if a repulsor vehicle end their move with any part of their base hanging over a "ledge" then they are required to back up along the movement tool until it does not then take damage equal to their movement speed. The word "ledge" can get a little iffy as to exactly what the devs meant when they added it and no one has received/shared any clarification from them if they have received any.

22 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

All of my concerns are usually addressed in one of two ways:

1) It's not supposed to be simulationist it's Star Wars, haw haw haw!

2) Just because that thing is broken doesn't mean it's broken, look at this math out of context.

And your response to everything is "Here's how D6 did it 150 years ago, let's all go back to that." (I don't know how to put a guffawing smiley here to demonstrate my tone, so please take my comment in the good humor in which it was intended.)