Pooleman

AT-ST Down. FFG gives us another awesome preview.

Just now, Polda said:

I kinda wish this was cheaper than the playable, poseable AT-ST. 

I agree. But you’re getting a lot of other good content in addition to the model.

2 hours ago, Pooleman said:

Another neutral expansion with more deployments, battlefield conditions, etc. FFG is really pushing Legion hard. This last week has been awesome for updates.

Yes, but those battle cards doesn't seem to fit with the others but that can only be used for a specific scenario of special play with that downed AT-ST. The model looks really cool as every other Legion stuff, but for the price it has and given that the battle cards are not for standard play this might be the first Legion expansion that I might skip.

Edited by Lemmiwinks86

Price doesn't seem unreasonable for a really nice piece of terrain that includes related two act mission, deployment and condition cards.   The miss, I think, is that the cards aren't useful for "standard" play.  This might be FFG's attempt at a narrative mission pack.  If it sells well, we'll see more.  If it doesn't we'll probably still see more, but with standard play cards instead.

Just now, Zrob314 said:

What's up with the insitance that side a be x and side b be y?

Guess it's to focus on narrative play. I mean, it's your table, you're free to run it with any faction you like of course :)

But if you want to be "official", it's a Rebel v Imperial thing.

I’d like to of seen an AT-ST pilot/driver as an objective marker too. Really impressive piece and like this direction. Maybe an X-Wing for the next one, similar to the one seen on Jedha.

I saw AT-ST s for sale btwn Thanksgiving and Christmas for $25 on Amazon. I think this is one of those, I'll wait til it's a deal I can't refuse (of course, I didn't get a 2nd AtSt, even at that great price) 

so we'll see.  If we had a bigger Legion following in town and a store to support OrgPlay, then I'd be all over it though.  Right now, its just my son and me and lots of other guys that have stuff, but don't play.

20 minutes ago, BenBot said:

I wonder if the 3 unspoiled cards are for Standard...

It seems more likely that three of the cards are for "act 1" and the other three are for "act 2".

I was really hoping for at least SOME generic content, this one will have to wait for me. Especially since I got an extra unassembled ATST just waiting to be chopped to pieces and made into scenery 😮

Also, the instant I saw the news I first read "downed ATAT expansion" and my heart skipped beats right up until I reread the headline -_- 

From reading the Secure the Intel (Act 1) objective I don't see why you couldn't use it in standard play.  As for the Converging Forces (Act 1)deployment you would only need to ignore the text on the card and you would be able to use it in competitive play just fine.

20 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

I saw AT-ST s for sale btwn Thanksgiving and Christmas for $25 on Amazon. I think this is one of those, I'll wait til it's a deal I can't refuse (of course, I didn't get a 2nd AtSt, even at that great price) 

so we'll see.  If we had a bigger Legion following in town and a store to support OrgPlay, then I'd be all over it though.  Right now, its just my son and me and lots of other guys that have stuff, but don't play.

Where are you located?