Sign in to follow this  
Manolox

Why ffg did't increase wedge points?

Hi everybody, when points changes has come out i exected almost a little point increase on wedge.

Wedge has a very powerfull ability that always works, initiative 6, doesn't realy NEED NOTHING MORE if you want to fly it, good resistance, good dial, 3 native attack (but considering his ability is QUITE like to have 1 more, like a protorp) is one of the most flown rebel ships and every time you play against him you think "oh sh##!"

1 hour ago, Manolox said:

Hi everybody, when points changes has come out i exected almost a little point increase on wedge.

Wedge has a very powerfull ability that always works, initiative 6, doesn't realy NEED NOTHING MORE if you want to fly it, good resistance, good dial, 3 native attack (but considering his ability is QUITE like to have 1 more, like a protorp) is one of the most flown rebel ships and every time you play against him you think "oh sh##!"

Wedge folds like tissue paper to large attacks and multiple attacks. He is great offensively, but poor defensively. I think he is costed OK. He is a pilot I target early, because A) I have more guns on the table, and B) He isnt hard to kill. You dont want an Int 6 ship with his ability cruising around end game.

I think he like Fenn are costed appropriately.

Nothing to change here. Factional balance is the better measure now (as it needs to be) than single pilot. Wedge is spot on. We know this indisputably by the number of 2.0 organized play games where he is the last ship on the board, which is largely none. 

My concern is the upcoming Free Mod PTL faction. All of these Force users coming in Wave 3 and 4 really need to be costed well to preserve the games momentum. They're the only really threat to the short term health of the game if undercosted. We need a cheap Wedge to keep them honest; one less agility die means one less free mod. He is going to be vital for REALLY bringing balance to the Force. 

From my understanding, FFG will never increase or decrease any of the X-WINGs, but instead, will be using them as a baseline for other price adjustments.

Besides that, just joust him and try to get a better trade. Hope and pray that he's not next to Biggs.