Sign in to follow this  
BiggsIRL

Sector Fleet Commander Discussion

http://www.steelstrategy.com/2019/02/sector-fleet-commander-ranking-two.html

Steel Strategy put the commanders into ranks based on the following ruleset - 800 points, 2 player.  Obviously each point cost / number of players changes things.

Let's have a discussion here on what commanders you are most excited to use in large point game formats.

I think if you are playing 2 player 800pts per player, there is no reason not to run a better commander over a lesser commander. I basically agree with the list tier wise. My go to for Imperials would be Tarkin and for Rebels it would be Sato. Not because I am hunting for extra crits, but because those crits are another damage. In mass battles I want more damage out faster, thats all.

However, I dont feel that 2 player 800pts is the best way to look at the new rules. If anything, I feel the 4 or 6 player formats are the more important ones to look at and determine, because while commanders dont effect each others fleet, they do in so far as to deciding who your taking as a team.

28 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

I think if you are playing 2 player 800pts per player, there is no reason not to run a better commander over a lesser commander. I basically agree with the list tier wise. My go to for Imperials would be Tarkin and for Rebels it would be Sato. Not because I am hunting for extra crits, but because those crits are another damage. In mass battles I want more damage out faster, thats all.

However, I dont feel that 2 player 800pts is the best way to look at the new rules. If anything, I feel the 4 or 6 player formats are the more important ones to look at and determine, because while commanders dont effect each others fleet, they do in so far as to deciding who your taking as a team.

2 player is about my only way of looking at it, seeing finding more players as of now is difficult....lol.

I agree with the rankings.... Thrawn ftw.