Sign in to follow this  
GeneralZod217

Paige Tico and VTG

Just wanted to check that I played this correct. 

I ran Paige and VTG on my star fortress. Am I right in thinking that the two interact?

eg: Bow tie turret faces to the sides. I attack from the front arc which then allows a bonus turret attack from VTG. If I wish, can Paige be used before the attack to switch bow tie turret from sides to front and back and then choose one of those arcs to fire from for my bonus attack?

This is how I played it today and it was awesome. 

Just wanted to check I got it right. 

Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, GeneralZod217 said:

Just wanted to check that I played this correct. 

I ran Paige and VTG on my star fortress. Am I right in thinking that the two interact?

eg: Bow tie turret faces to the sides. I attack from the front arc which then allows a bonus turret attack from VTG. If I wish, can Paige be used before the attack to switch bow tie turret from sides to front and back and then choose one of those arcs to fire from for my bonus attack?

This is how I played it today and it was awesome. 

Just wanted to check I got it right. 

Thanks. 

that's right. how ever, it's not if you wish. you cannot use paige tico after veteran turret gunner. page has to be used before veteran turret gunner, as per the aftermath timings.

5 hours ago, meffo said:

you cannot use paige tico after veteran turret gunner. page has to be used before veteran turret gunner, as per the aftermath timings.

Not exactly.

While the Aftermath rules require that Paige's ability (an after-attacking effect which doesn't perform a bonus attack) happens before performing a Veteran Turret Gunner attack (an after-attacking effect which performs a bonus attack), this isn't relevant.  The Starfortress's mobile arc weapon is also a primary weapon, so VTG attacks are primary weapon attacks which will generate their own Aftermath step, when you could use Paige's ability.  Even if you used Paige on the first, normal attack, since there's no "once per turn" limit on her.

Whether or not an attack is a bonus attack or not doesn't change a weapon's status a primary weapon or special weapon, as the case may be.