GreenLantern1138

PT Crew Ideas

I have a couple of fun concepts in mind but I can’t seem to flesh them out on my own. I really like how often FFG captures something about a character with their rule so I’ve tried to do that. 

Watto for scum. His dice were a big thing in ep1. So during the game (or before it starts?) you (spend a non-recurring charge?) ask your opponent ‘hits or misses’, roll the dice and then one of you gets a benefit?

Padmé for the Republic. In two of the three movies she had a body double. She has one points cost but requires two cards to be fielded (two ships in the same squad must both have the identical card). When the game begins she does nothing and neither ship benefits from having her, but at a certain point during the game her player nominates which ship she’s really on and her ability kicks in for that ship only. Not sure what that ability should be though.  Or just one card and one ship but two get nominated with an effect token (Krennic style) and later one of them is selected to receive a benefit and the other discards their token. 

7 hours ago, GreenLantern1138 said:

I have a couple of fun concepts in mind but I can’t seem to flesh them out on my own. I really like how often FFG captures something about a character with their rule so I’ve tried to do that. 

Watto for scum. His dice were a big thing in ep1. So during the game (or before it starts?) you (spend a non-recurring charge?) ask your opponent ‘hits or misses’, roll the dice and then one of you gets a benefit?

Padmé for the Republic. In two of the three movies she had a body double. She has one points cost but requires two cards to be fielded (two ships in the same squad must both have the identical card). When the game begins she does nothing and neither ship benefits from having her, but at a certain point during the game her player nominates which ship she’s really on and her ability kicks in for that ship only. Not sure what that ability should be though.  Or just one card and one ship but two get nominated with an effect token (Krennic style) and later one of them is selected to receive a benefit and the other discards their token. 

I would make Padmé a two dual cards that are identical on one side, but one is the double on the other side, the other is Padmé. You put them out facedown during setup, then can flip them both either during systems phase or when one is destroyed.

1 hour ago, GLEXOR said:

I would make Padmé a two dual cards that are identical on one side, but one is the double on the other side, the other is Padmé. You put them out facedown during setup, then can flip them both either during systems phase or when one is destroyed.

Might be interesting. Give 2 ships a small ability as both are in the makeup side. When one is destroyed flip both cards over. But depending on which on is destroyed have a different action.

• Queen Amadilia (Both, starting face down) You must have both cards in play in order to equip this card. At the end of the set up phase you may secretly swap locations of this upgrade. When either ship carrying this card is destroyed flip both cards (Red Evade action)
  • Padme (Decoy destroyed) Immediately gain a reinforce token (Red Reinforce action) 
  • Decoy (Padme destroyed) Every ship on your table immediately gains a strain token. During the end phase your ships may make an additional attack in initiative order. Discard this card at the end of the end phase.

So starts relatively defensive in as only an Evade action and Red I guess. But it is a trick on who gets destroyed first. If the decoy is knocked out then reinforce as everyone gets a little more cautious and protective. If it was the real one then you get one revenge round and that is it. Also you are strained making it easier for your ships to get knocked out before the revenge.

Now this may break theme a little but it would be interesting to see what will happen when you intentionally destroy Padme to get that revenge round. (hmmm, why hello Chancellor Palpatine) 

Edited by Marinealver