chr335

What other special forces do you think we will get

So both factions have 3 special forces units at the moment the commando/ snipers, the elite trooper and the heavy melee focused team.  Does anyone except new special forces types or variants of the above 3 types

Edited by chr335

1 hour ago, chr335 said:

So both factions have 3 special forces units at the moment the commando/ snipers, the elite trooper and the heavy melee focused team.  Does anyone except new special forces types or variants of the above 3 types

The question needs to be answered: What role would they fill?

ie what’s the design space? I’d love inferno squad, but I can’t tell you what they’d do that’s different and special from the other special forces options. 

Unique/Character units.

Rogue One: Chirrut/Baze/Bodhi/K-2SO (assuming Cassian will be an operative)

Bounty Hunters: 4-LOM/Dengar/Zuckus/IG-88

Umm.. whatever the Star Wars Rebels squad is?

Imps should get a full squad of K2 droids at some point.

Edited by aniron

2 hours ago, aniron said:

Phoenix cell? XD

2 hours ago, aniron said:

Imps should get a full squad of K2 droids at some point.

I see them more as an upgrade... perhaps an upgrade for leaders? some kind of bodyguard?

11 hours ago, aniron said:

Unique/Character units.

Rogue One: Chirrut/Baze/Bodhi/K-2SO (assuming Cassian will be an operative)

Bounty Hunters: 4-LOM/Dengar/Zuckus/IG-88

Wouldn't these be considered operatives?

4 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

Every named character we have thus far has been an operative (or commander) so I'd expect that trend to continue. 

Not quite. General Weiss and Wedge are cards, and Pao and Bistan are minis/upgrades coming in Pathfinders. 

But yeah, we've never had a stand-alone unique character as anything other than operative/commander, they come attached to some other unit. 

6 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

Every named character we have thus far has been an operative (or commander) so I'd expect that trend to continue. 

Pathfinders have named unique upgrade minis. 

10 hours ago, chr335 said:

Wouldn't these be considered operatives?

The idea would be to be able to bring a full rogue one theme list without running into the limit on cmdrs/operatives. Youd run this unit; two units of pathfinders with Jyn as cmdr and Cassian as operative. I could see Baze/Chirrut as a two-for-one operative instead of this setup.

Edited by aniron

12 minutes ago, aniron said:

Pathfinders have named unique upgrade minis. 

The idea would be to be able to bring a full rogue one theme list without running into the limit on cmdrs/operatives. Youd run this unit; two units of pathfinders with Jyn as cmdr and Cassian as operative. I could see Baze/Chirrut as a two-for-one operative instead of this setup.

Yeah, Baze and Chirrut would be perfect for a dual operative team.  I'm thinking Chirrut as the base mini with a great Melee attack and a built in Force Reflexes free action.  He would also have a weapon slot for his crossbow staff configuration (would require a recover action to switch) and a heavy weapon mini slot with a unique Baze Malbus upgrade that could also be used with other corps units. It would add his heavy repeating blaster.