Sign in to follow this  
GeneralZod217

Ionized.

Hi all. 

The rules state that the only action an ionized ship can perform is focus.

Can a linked action still be performed that is activated by the focus or can pilot abilities that are initiated by a focus action still be performed? And finally could something such as autothrusters be used after a focus action?

Thanks.

The Rules Reference states:

"During the Perform Action step, the ship can perform only the <focus> action."

So, the wording doesn't allow any further actions, such as linked actions.

But you could still perform other actions, which do not take place in the "Perform Action" step, such as Afterburners.

Afterburners do not trigger, though, because the ion maneuver is a speed 1 maneuver, but you have to perform (at least) a speed 3 maneuver to use Afterburners.

Or with Sabine, you can BR+Evade, the do your blue 1 straight, then focus ;)

Did this in tournament, my opponent called the judge to see if I wasnt cheating ;) the judge went in my way cause I had all the rules points of this thing ;) (and the judge was one of my friend, but that doesn't changed the rules, only the points where he listen to me when I quote the rules ;) )

26 minutes ago, Grendelator said:

Or with Sabine, you can BR+Evade, the do your blue 1 straight, then focus ;)

Did this in tournament, my opponent called the judge to see if I wasnt cheating ;) the judge went in my way cause I had all the rules points of this thing ;) (and the judge was one of my friend, but that doesn't changed the rules, only the points where he listen to me when I quote the rules ;) )

The key to this is that Sabine is a "before you activate" trigger, rather than a "before you reveal your dial" trigger, like some effects.  Adaptive Ailerons on Strikers and Reapers, for example, will not work when Ionized, since this is a "reveal" rather than "activate" trigger, and an Ionized ship doesn't reveal a dial.  Other relevant "before you activate" triggers are S-Foils and Supernatural Reflexes.