maquise

Request a Homebrew Thread

I haven't seen anything like this, so let me know if any such a thing exists, but I was thinking it would be a good idea to have a thread where people could post a request for a piece of homebrew content they require, such as an archetype, adversary, talent, etc. This request should be fairly small and standalone, not asking for a whole setting or ruleset. Just a place for GMs to come and get a bit of help on something that's been giving them trouble. 

Most of this forum is about user created content as that is the very nature of Genesys as a toolbox/universal game. The things that you refer to have been placed in the main thread with great frequency.

FIIW, I detest the term homebrew, it sounds like your some kind of backyard tinkerer. The game I usually see the term "homebrew" associated with is so limited and stifled in character/class creation, breadth and flexibility that creative GMs and players are almost immediately limited by their advancement options. Thus the need for homebrew come into being. Systems that aren't (based on or inspired by) the WORLDS MOST BANAL ROLEPLAYING GAME dont have near the need for "homebrew" as these flaws are greatly reduced (or gone entirely). The exception of course are the tookbox games like Genesys and a few others that are designed specifically for it. There! A short answer and a long whine.

*sputter of mock indignation* I don't homebrew! I write third-party content, from home, for my personal use... Hrmm...

On 2/9/2019 at 12:55 AM, maquise said:

I was thinking it would be a good idea to have a thread where people could post a request for a piece of homebrew content they require...

I would post such requests in either Rules Questions, or Your Settings depending upon the nature of the content I needed:

Rules Questions if the content was purely mechanical. For example, if I wanted the profiles for a "modern-day grenade" and a "modern-day grenade launcher" (because despite many references to them, there isn't actually a proper profile for either of them in the GCRB).

Your Settings if the content is narrative instead of mechanical, or if it needs to follow my setting's guidelines; because I'll have to describe the relevent parts of my setting in order for someone to be able to help me. For example, if I wanted help creating a social encounter in a homebrew Space Opera setting for a group of space-marines stranded on a malfunctioning spacecraft lost in space

Finally, I would post the request in the appropriate subforums if the content I need relates to a campaign in either the Runebound (RoT) or Android (SotB) settings; because they'll likely know far more about the setting than I.

I think any single demand should be a new topic, looks better for anyone to help and discuss the ideas... One topic for everything could become a mess in few answers