Zeoinx

N1 Announced, Can this be Next?

11 hours ago, Odanan said:

I think this is a shoe in for the Republic's Epic ship, whenever they get around to redoing Epic. not only is it iconic, but you have the c70 Charger refit version (aka the Republic Frigate) used by the Republic navy in the Clone Wars as an armed version on par with a CR90.

42 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

If the J-type Nubian is too big, the H-Type Nubian is only a little longer than a Ghost, but a lot skinnier.

h-type-nubian-yacht_7d67bc00.jpeg?region

I think that might actually be a solid idea for smaller Epic-type ships.  Redefine double-medium as huge, call double-large "epic."

this one was actually armed as well, unlike the J-type. though it would still be a low red dice support ship at best.

Edited by mithril2098

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

The other thing: I'm 100% fine with scaling down some ships.  I don't care if they have to shrink down a J-Type Nubian or a Gauntlet Transport to get it into the game.

Epic is on a sliding scale anyway isn’t it?

1 hour ago, Maui. said:

I think you might be confusing it with the H-type Nubian Yacht, which Wookiepedia says is less than 50 meters long. The ship being discussed is 76 meters (according to Wookiepedia)

no, I know the ship.  I have a scale model of it, and that 76 meters on wikepedia is both not correct, plus its counting the tail fins which VASTLY improves the length measurement of the ship.  in the source material, schematics books, scale models, etc the Royal cruiser is shown to be a little longer than the falcon(around 55 meters) WITH the fins, but much narrower.  Just watch the film. there are dozens of clear shots, both profiles on the ground with people disembarking and in flight with astromechs on it.... and in none of those images is that ship 250 feet long. think about it. when Amidala is standing next to it, does that thing look 6 large city busses parked end to end?  its literally half that size. for some reason the site here wont let me post pictures but a google search shows many in film pictures that show how wildly off 76 meters is.

At the end of the day you really cant trust wookipedia for scale at all, as its usually based on a fan finding random information or guessing. 

18 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

no, I know the ship.  I have a scale model of it, and that 76 meters on wikepedia is both not correct, plus its counting the tail fins which VASTLY improves the length measurement of the ship.  in the source material, schematics books, scale models, etc the Royal cruiser is shown to be a little longer than the falcon(around 55 meters) WITH the fins, but much narrower.  Just watch the film. there are dozens of clear shots, both profiles on the ground with people disembarking and in flight with astromechs on it.... and in none of those images is that ship 250 feet long. think about it. when Amidala is standing next to it, does that thing look 6 large city busses parked end to end?  its literally half that size. for some reason the site here wont let me post pictures but a google search shows many in film pictures that show how wildly off 76 meters is.

At the end of the day you really cant trust wookipedia for scale at all, as its usually based on a fan finding random information or guessing. 

Agree to disagree, I guess. It looks significantly bigger than the Falcon to me. Similar in height, but the Queen's starship is much longer.

27 minutes ago, Maui. said:

Agree to disagree, I guess. It looks significantly bigger than the Falcon to me. Similar in height, but the Queen's starship is much longer.

12 minutes ago, Captain Nippon said:

4b5ac6c7fa6810dd28d5de20040d53e2.png.6527538e94a10202caa785c9b813e904.png

It does seem quite big in this shot.

quite big as in 150 feet long? yes, absolutely.  thats literally one of the photos ive been trying to post, along with the picture of Han under the Falcon and the shot of profile shot from this scene.  it is quite big, but big as in 250 feet long? no way

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what the photos make it look like, what math makes it look like... What several yard sticks actually say when laid end to end next to a ship. 

What matters is what size Lucasfilm says it is.

Which is probably frustrating to folks who do a great job at actually figuring out how big those ships are based on math, pictures, models, etc. 

But that's how it goes.

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

🤨 May I have a Large Base Corellian Gunship then???

I mean, there's limits.

But the Gauntlet never really looks as big as it's said to be, IMHO.  Like, this from Rebels looks at most 5 A-Wings wide.  Now, measuring my Ghost, it's about 3.5 A-Wings...

C7Xp3A2VoAQc5fe.jpg

Kom'rk just seems "close enough" that scaling it down a bit and putting it in the game seems fine.

Scum ship.  Somewhat mobile, filling a role somewhere between a Reaper and Upsilon.  Not as fast or shooty as either extreme.  A copy of Maul crew, to be sure.  Perhaps a Nightbrother title.  Add in Bo-Katan Kryze as a gunner who gives stress if the defender isn't stressed and some condition is met (range 2, not in mobile arc), and is Scum, Sabine, and Obi-Wan only.

1 minute ago, theBitterFig said:

I mean, there's limits.

But the Gauntlet never really looks as big as it's said to be, IMHO.  Like, this from Rebels looks at most 5 A-Wings wide.  Now, measuring my Ghost, it's about 3.5 A-Wings...

C7Xp3A2VoAQc5fe.jpg

Kom'rk just seems "close enough" that scaling it down a bit and putting it in the game seems fine.

Scum ship.  Somewhat mobile, filling a role somewhere between a Reaper and Upsilon.  Not as fast or shooty as either extreme.  A copy of Maul crew, to be sure.  Perhaps a Nightbrother title.  Add in Bo-Katan Kryze as a gunner who gives stress if the defender isn't stressed and some condition is met (range 2, not in mobile arc), and is Scum, Sabine, and Obi-Wan only.

Ooo. A nice reference image if I ever saw one. Thanks. Looks about 5 A-Wings long, so that would be the "small" version.