nikk whyte

Why having zero new content in Expansions covered by the Conversion Kits is a good thing.

11 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

ffg want stores to sell their existing 1.0 stock first. thats likely why no no content is included in expansion packs yet. none gonna buy the older ships if they rereased stuff has new content.

ffg doesnt care at all what stores have, because the stores have already paid for it. 

i wish literally anyone wold think before they spoke in this thread. 

21 minutes ago, nikk whyte said:

ffg doesnt care at all what stores have, because the stores have already paid for it. 

i wish literally anyone wold think before they spoke in this thread. 

so ur local game store loses money. this gives them less funds to buy new products. same old stock sitting on shelves in store isnt good for growing the game. thats not good for anyone. including ffg.

lots of sales about for 1.0 products. sure, stores have already paid ffg for it but to say ffg doesnt care if it actually gets sold on to xwing players is ignoring the bigger picture. ffg needs to attract new players and retain existing players. your local game store needs your financial support.

think about where you buy your xwing products. is it online or from your local game store? if its online then ur not supporting ur local store and u r hurting its revenue. this is bad for everyone, including ffg. assuming u r a competitive player u still need a place to play tournaments. 

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

3 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

so ur local game store loses money. this gives them less funds to buy new products. same old stock sitting on shelves in store isnt good for growing the game. thats not good for anyone. including ffg.

lots of sales about for 1.0 products. sure, stores have already paid ffg for it but to say ffg doesnt care if it actually gets sold on to xwing players is ignoring the bigger picture. ffg needs to attract new players and retain existing players. your local game store needs your financial support.

think about where you buy your xwing products. is it online or from your local game store? if its online then ur not supporting ur local store and u r hurting its revenue. this is bad for everyone, including ffg. assuming u r a competitive player u still need a place to play tournaments. 

Please dont patronize me about supporting LGS. You missed the point so hard that i'm not going to bother explaining it to you again. 

On 2/15/2019 at 12:56 AM, Sciencius said:

Are you sure?

From someone with a background in industrial production, the actual product production cost is usually roughly 1/6th of the sale price (before tax). So, lets just assume for simplicity that the produciton of the plastic-miniature takes up 100% i.e. is that 1/6th, and that card production is 0 (that is not the case in reality). 

In otherwords, would you buy the card-only pack for a single miniature for 5/6th of the price of the box with the mini in it? Only containing e.g. one new upgrade and 2 new pilots? 

Cause if you do not, then FFG would be losing money if they had to sell it to you cheaper, and/or this forum would be filled with angry posters about how greedy FFG are.

Then allright they could produce a "wave-upgrade box" with all the new card-board and pilots in an entire wave, like an extra upgrade kit - with more content we the consumers would be more willing to pay a higher price for that. But should ofcourse only include new pilots and cards for ships that are being re-released in from 1.0 to 2.0 not allready contained in the conversion-kit. Now wave 4, has the biggest number of re-releases so far, that is 5 ships, potentially 10-15 new pilots and configurations/cards and could potentially be a good card pack which people would be happy to buy at a price where FFG would not be losing money. But wave 3 only has 2 re-releases so that would only be 2-5 new pilots and upgrades. Would you pay the same price for a wave-upgrade box for both waves? And what about if you do not care about the other factions and only want scum? or rebel? or empire? are you going to then ***** about not having the other pilots? because you did not buy the other conversionkits? 

There is no way FFG would make any of us happy, and they would also be loosing money (which would kill the game long term) - it is not a win neither for FFG nor us.

What they are going to do, is let us either spend money on the new Clonewars factions, or save money and wait for the inevitable Ace/Veterans/Heros/Most wanted/Guns for hire 2.0 boxes with mini that are going to re-re-release including new configurations, titles and pilots and up-grades. 

I envision a time when FFG releases a new upgrade kit at the start of each Hyperspace season. The kit comes with new pilots and new upgrade cards that will be legal for this Hyperspace season. You are right, it would have to be larger than a handful of cards to justify its existence. It would also definitely need to include new pilots to ensure a wider number of players buy the upgrade kit. I do not believe these would be huge money makers for FFG, rather they would be the easiest way for FFG to alter the meta for a season (above and beyond altering the points costs of cards).

22 hours ago, SlaveUno said:

I envision a time when FFG releases a new upgrade kit at the start of each Hyperspace season. The kit comes with new pilots and new upgrade cards that will be legal for this Hyperspace season. You are right, it would have to be larger than a handful of cards to justify its existence. It would also definitely need to include new pilots to ensure a wider number of players buy the upgrade kit. I do not believe these would be huge money makers for FFG, rather they would be the easiest way for FFG to alter the meta for a season (above and beyond altering the points costs of cards).

I could see something like that as an annual pack.