nikk whyte

Why having zero new content in Expansions covered by the Conversion Kits is a good thing.

3 hours ago, LordBlades said:

I find pretty much everything else you've said reasonable (although maybe overly optimistic here and there) , but this part I disagree with.

Based on my experience in the local area as well as what I've seen discussed in various online and offline environments, a significant chunk of the X-Wing community, especially in the casual and semi-competitive area, are single faction players. If you leave this guys without content for their faction for too long...I don't think 'try out a new faction' is the most likely thing they'll do. 

This^

im a single faction player and I'll skip a wave here and there but if ffg put my faction on ice for too long I may just go looking for a new game... or stop playing for an extended period.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

14 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

More interested in new A-wing and B-wing pilots. Can we have at least one Initiative 5 pilot?

Well you can make it an "Empire/Rebels/Resistance/First Order/Republic/Separatists Essentials" pack and throw in a couple new pilots or even same pilots with different abilities for the released ships so far along with the generic upgrades and call it a day! 🤔

22 hours ago, hargleblarg said:

Not to downplay that this is still an issue, but they have largely improved over 1st edition. I didn't play scum in 1.0, but I have enough scum ships to justify buying a conversion kit. 

Meanwhile, afterburners in the sf kit and bt1/0-0-0 in the deci shows at least that they're making an effort (low though it may be) to make things accessible in a timely fashion.

theres still 5 sperate 1.0 ships you cant play at all in 2.0, yet theyre releasing brand new content. FFG isnt doing anything timely at all

2 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

theres still 5 sperate 1.0 ships you cant play at all in 2.0, yet theyre releasing brand new content. FFG isnt doing anything timely at all

Which ships?

There's a lot of angst and entitlement here.  FFG fails hard at any number of things, but the quality of the models (gyroscopic S-foil B-Wings inbound!!) and the way they've bent over backward to make the move from 1st to 2nd Edition as painless as feasible?  Good job!

First people complained about the cost of the Conversion Kits, even though 1.0 releases + Kits were cheaper than 2.0 releases.  Now it's WHER NU KONTENT GIVE ME or I BOUGHT ONE SHIP Y I NO HAV ALL KARDS.

There are tons of new players, and FFG is doing a reasonably solid job accommodating both long-time customers and people just jumping in.  There are only so many cards that come with a single blister - give them a chance to seed all the content for each faction as 2.0 ships hit rotation.  If you think you have a legitimate complaint, break it down yourself and make a spreadsheet of how you would actually distribute the content.

9 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Says the other guy who chases me around telling me I don't get to have an opinion because I don't play 2.0 right now.

Uh, you say you're still "having a blast" playing 1.0.  More power to you.  But then why DO you have an opinion about a game you don't play and apparently have no interest in?

2 hours ago, Taiowaa said:

i mean to pay 20$ for a ship with upgrade cards you don't own is one thing....like the autothrusters expansion, but buy a 50-60$ ship just to get 0-0-0 because you don't play scum and already own a decimator is just hilarious

You could always just buy another Decimator for only $40.

2 hours ago, AgencyBurglar said:

Uh, you say you're still "having a blast" playing 1.0.  More power to you.  But then why DO you have an opinion about a game you don't play and apparently have no interest in?

Asking the real questions.

I'm late to the party on this one, but I see it simply as two player groups.

New players and Veteran players.

Veteran Dude who has everything gets his 2.0 conversion pack and core rules box and after than spend hasn't lost anything.

Veteran player doesn't need to buy new model expansions unless he wants a nice paint job or an additional or newer model in his collection - Surely this is a win win for him as he can sit back knowing that he doesn't need to buy it all again to get a card.  he can just concentrate on new factions and new models as films are released.

New player to 2.0 doesn't have a massive pre-spend.  If he finds a great job lot, sure go and buy a conversion pack if he likes the game that much, or just wait for his favourite ships to come out in the new formatand as the OP says, won't be chasing down some rare card - like with the upgrade from the large imperial epic ship which was selling for stupid money.

The other benefit is that with my friend as an example who is just getting into it, he can buy the odd ship only at a good price and I've got enough spares in my conversion pack that I can give him what he needs by way of dial and generic pilot cards, and so he just has to get the unique pilot card and maybe the base card he wants. 

I get the feeling that new upgrade cards will be in the new to 2.0 ships over and above the ported from 1.0 and re-boxed ships.

14 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

This^

im a single faction player and I'll skip a wave here and there but if ffg put my faction on ice for too long I may just go looking for a new game... or stop playing for an extended period.

As a counterpoint, I'm a hardcore scum player/collector with almost enough ship models to field the max number of generics for each ship.

Except a third FS-31, YV-666, Lancer and IG-2000. And a fourth G1-A or HWK.

But I am falling prey to the "Nothing new for me, Perhaps I'll start picking up a new faction" train of thought.

I feel my money would have been better spent buying 2x all small models and 1x all large models for two different factions than more than double that for one. I feel a fool who got hooked on scum flavoured plastic crack, and I'm looking for a new flavour to try.

The question is Grand Republic or Separatist, I'm leaning GR, as they'll have loads of force pilots while Scum has very few, but the calculate shenanigans looks like a lot of fun too!

6 hours ago, Scum4Life said:

As a counterpoint, I'm a hardcore scum player/collector with almost enough ship models to field the max number of generics for each ship.

Except a third FS-31, YV-666, Lancer and IG-2000. And a fourth G1-A or HWK.

But I am falling prey to the "Nothing new for me, Perhaps I'll start picking up a new faction" train of thought.

I feel my money would have been better spent buying 2x all small models and 1x all large models for two different factions than more than double that for one. I feel a fool who got hooked on scum flavoured plastic crack, and I'm looking for a new flavour to try.

The question is Grand Republic or Separatist, I'm leaning GR, as they'll have loads of force pilots while Scum has very few, but the calculate shenanigans looks like a lot of fun too!

I can relate. I'm thinking if I do jump into a new faction it will be republic because of the Jedi straighter pilots. not in a hurry to do so. fallback plan is imperials as I have. affair number of imp ships already.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:36 PM, AgencyBurglar said:

I play the game.  I play it at 1.0.

I have bought a 2.0 Y-Wing, Lando's Falcon, Firespray, Fang, all for the repaints and re-sculpts that I can use immediately as 1.0 models.

I have also bought 4 mining guild TIEs, 4 RZ-2 A-Wings, which I can either DIY into 1.0 or eventually use as 2.0.

Ergo, I am interested.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:53 PM, TheCeilican said:

Why it's good?

Because there's a whole wave of 8 ships and I can ignore all of it and let my wallet rest.

So, while you're sitting there spending $0, I have continued to support the company that makes one of my favorite games.

21 hours ago, TheCeilican said:

Asking the real questions.

So I guess the real question in my mind is why some of you think you are the Better X-Wing Players who are allowed to talk about the game on these boards, whereas I don't get to have a say because I'm not playing everyone else's "acceptable" edition of the game?

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:31 PM, AgencyBurglar said:

There's a lot of angst and entitlement here. 

And a lot of elitism and exclusionism.

I came out here to fix my Campaign thread over in Epic, and found that the bashing continues.

Fly casual.  I'll do my best to only post in the Epic subforum, so as not to pollute your 2.0 threads.

Edited by Darth Meanie

On 2/8/2019 at 4:58 PM, ScummyRebel said:

Once is coincidence. Twice is a pattern.

Your “shipless card pack” is more Wild a speculation than anything I’ve said 

Except FFG specifically stated as much would be available.

10 hours ago, nikk whyte said:

Friendly reminder that ffg told us they’d be selling card packs on their last worlds stream. 

Wrong. The only “not ship pack” we were ever promised explicitly was the conversion kits.

1 hour ago, ScummyRebel said:

Wrong. The only “not ship pack” we were ever promised explicitly was the conversion kits.

It’s archived. Feel free to find it yourself. 

I prefer my apology cards on personalized card stock. 

4 minutes ago, nikk whyte said:

It’s archived. Feel free to find it yourself. 

I prefer my apology cards on personalized card stock. 

You’re reading into it way too much. I know, I was once like you. Then I watched it again when I didn’t like they weren’t coming.