Sign in to follow this  
John Constantine

The Fate of Wilderland

47 minutes ago, dalestephenson said:

Reforged is handy for mining decks.  Or with Erestor decks.  Off-sphere attachments are more interesting than off-sphere allies, so in that respect it's more interesting than Stand and Fight.  (Stand and Fight is more useful for reviving dead chacters, of course.)

The Great Hunt is a fairly narrow card, since it only works in the combat stage.  Though it combos well with the events (two in Lore) that prevent an enemy from making engagement checks.  That could come in handy in quests with powerful non-unique, non-immune enemies.

Bywater Sherrif is nice Cotton fodder, he can come in and attack for four.  Not bad for 2 resources.

I like Return of the King and so will TaBilbo.

The rest we've already seen.

Yes, Shirrif is great target for Cotton and Raise the Shire.

I feel you might underestimate the value of the Hunt. I think it is a great boost for mono Lore decks. Getting rid of Mumaks like that?

Great for Mumaks and Ringwraiths.  Great for disposing of that initial Hill Troll on Journey Down the Anduin.  But I see it more as a sideboard card that's handy in certain quests instead of a general-purpose card that you'd always want in a mono-lore deck.  Low-threat mono-lore decks would probably always want it, though.

The Hunt is great. I feel any monolore (or with songs) deck I make will include it, unless my threat is too high. Target removal is a nice thing to have even for enemies that aren't big ticket items like mumaks. Sometimes you just rather get rid of an enemy that popped up at the wrong place and the wrong time. Compared to Fierce Defense, I feel this is less limited, or at least there seems to be more variety in decks of monolore with low threat than straight up valour decks to build around.

On 4/14/2019 at 4:34 PM, LordBird said:

(Card Images)

Thank you so much for those images!  Can you tell us which encounter card sets are used in the last quest please?  I’m trying to make room for Journeys and I want to put most of the encounter cards away for a bit.

4 hours ago, soullos said:

The Hunt is great. I feel any monolore (or with songs) deck I make will include it, unless my threat is too high. Target removal is a nice thing to have even for enemies that aren't big ticket items like mumaks. Sometimes you just rather get rid of an enemy that popped up at the wrong place and the wrong time. Compared to Fierce Defense, I feel this is less limited, or at least there seems to be more variety in decks of monolore with low threat than straight up valour decks to build around.

I feel the same way. I was really excited about Fierce Defence and got disappointed. Maybe I will be here too, but I am super excited now. Maybe it is a style of play. It feels similar to the card like Gildor’s Counsel. Some People never play it but I swear by it. I feel you usually have to spend more than three resources to get rid of an enemy in a mono Lore deck, especially a heavy one.

Thanks for the translation! I'm eagerly awaiting getting Ragadast and this pack added to my Legolas and Boromir Eagle deck! Some very cool cards. And the Hunt event is awesome as well for the usually not as combat heavy Lore (with the exception of Treebeard, that guy don't care about any enemy's defense).

I think I will put Radagast together with Beorn and a Leadership hero, probably Theodred, for extra resources and lower threat. Questing might be an issue but it should play fast. In saga, you will be able to play the Staff and Eagles of the Misty Mountains round 1, for instance.

2 hours ago, lleimmoen said:

I think I will put Radagast together with Beorn and a Leadership hero, probably Theodred, for extra resources and lower threat. Questing might be an issue but it should play fast. In saga, you will be able to play the Staff and Eagles of the Misty Mountains round 1, for instance.

Do you plan to play it in solo or multiplayer? 

Radagast seems great for an eagle deck maybe along with mablung. Between mablung ability and radagast staff resources should not be an issue and green will feed tons of card draw and fetching options to make sure you have always cards to play. Becouse of built in resource smothening any low cost hero in both lore or tactic can act as third with some deck adjustment. 

Well, I am almost certain it will be great in coop, as Beorn Eagles deck tends to, but I want to also try it solo, which has always struggled. I expressed myself wrong perhaps, I mostly choose Theodred and Leadership not because of resources but for cards like Tale and Sneak to bring Eagles and even Giant Bears into play easier (the latter is amazing with the Sneak, almost as good as Gandalf with his double action and great stats).

3 hours ago, lleimmoen said:

Well, I am almost certain it will be great in coop, as Beorn Eagles deck tends to, but I want to also try it solo, which has always struggled. I expressed myself wrong perhaps, I mostly choose Theodred and Leadership not because of resources but for cards like Tale and Sneak to bring Eagles and even Giant Bears into play easier (the latter is amazing with the Sneak, almost as good as Gandalf with his double action and great stats).

Ok. Then maybe new Gildor hero or old good balin would be a better option than theodred.  They would put spare leadership resources to good use strenghtening  key areas like card draw or shadow cancellation and provide higher willpower.

Cool ideas with the resource adding, I usually play with my wife and she has forever claimed the Steward of Gondor so alas I must find other ways to pay for my pricey Eagles and attachments.

Currently I run Lelolas, Boromir and Elrond together and as long as you get Vilya and a stargazer into play you quickly get to play what you need. Radagast ally and wizard pipe is just icing on the cake in case you already drew the expensive cards. 

I like the Lore/Tactica pairing and I think there is no better hero then Boromir to play with the Eagles for multi-attacks. It will be nice to swap out Elrond for something new and the theme nl is going to be awesome 

10 hours ago, Halberto said:

Ok. Then maybe new Gildor hero or old good balin would be a better option than theodred.  They would put spare leadership resources to good use strenghtening  key areas like card draw or shadow cancellation and provide higher willpower.

All good perhaps, yes. I still have a soft spot for Theodred but I may try them all. It is true he would only be adding to Radagast’s resources, thus be a little limited. Both Balin and Gildor are very good, better quester, though slightly more threat costly.

On 4/15/2019 at 11:04 PM, Bullroarer Took said:

Thank you so much for those images!  Can you tell us which encounter card sets are used in the last quest please?  I’m trying to make room for Journeys and I want to put most of the encounter cards away for a bit.

Sorry for the late reply.

Encounter sets used apart from the Fate of Wilderland set are all from The Wilds of Rhovanion deluxe expansion: Grey Mountain Goblins, Hills of Wilderland and Gathering Gloom.

1 hour ago, LordBird said:

Sorry for the late reply.

Encounter sets used apart from the Fate of Wilderland set are all from The Wilds of Rhovanion deluxe expansion: Grey Mountain Goblins, Hills of Wilderland and Gathering Gloom.

Thanks again.

I'm also a bit curious to know if the quest finishes like those of the last cycles, connecting (and telling the name of the next Deluxe) the story.

And if so, how they are connected?

Spoiler tagged, of course 😊.

3 hours ago, Jekzer said:

I'm also a bit curious to know if the quest finishes like those of the last cycles, connecting (and telling the name of the next Deluxe) the story.

And if so, how they are connected?

Spoiler tagged, of course 😊.

We continue down our path of acting in unethical ways and head out to bring the Southron Refugees to the Temple of Doom in Rhun as a sacrificial offering.

8 hours ago, Felswrath said:

We continue down our path of acting in unethical ways and head out to bring the Southron Refugees to the Temple of Doom in Rhun as a sacrificial offering.

That would be a nice final twist! 😂

Posted (edited)

I got my english copy of The Fate of Wilderland today, so if anyone is interested in pictures of the cards or other info let me know

Edited by Alonewolf87

51 minutes ago, Alonewolf87 said:

I got my english copy of The Fate of Wilderland today, so if anyone is interested in pictures of the cards or other info let me know

I'm pretty sure lots of people are interested, lol. Certainly for player card pictures.

28 minutes ago, sappidus said:

I'm pretty sure lots of people are interested, lol. Certainly for player card pictures.

Well we already got the French version of them all so I was not sure it would still be something of interest, but ok I will publish them as soon as I can.

Posted (edited)

I just finished playing (succesfully) my first attemp against this quest and I have to say I am really satisfied by it (and by the cycle in general, especially from a narrative point). I always enjoyed the big battle quests and I feel the mechanics were really on spot for this one. Kudos to the developers I am really getting the sense they are improving with each cycle lately.

Edited by Alonewolf87