Da_Brown_Bomber

scum players: what ship do u want to see in wave5?

23 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Given that they've already spoiled an Iggy in the mandalorian I wonder if we'll see the ship.

Maybe, but that isn't supposed to be streaming till late this year or early next year iirc, so that puts the Aggressor out of the running for Wave 5 if they're sticking to Canon only on the releases. Sadly most of what I would like to see released in Wave 5 is Legends (Scyk, Kimogila, Kryat, Dunelizard, Bro Bots ships... :( ).

Canon ships in the current Scum spread that have not been released yet, nor are announced for release (Z-95-AF4 Headhunter is Wave 3):

G1-A Starfighter

YV-666 Light Freighter

Lancer-class Pursuit Ship

HWK-290 Light Freighter

BTL-A4 Y-Wing

Quadrijet Transfer Spacetug

Assuming FFG sticking to Canon only for the time being, as they have been, expect something from that list or from one of the current media projects (I.E. Resistance) before any Legends ships get re-released.

Edited by Hiemfire

When/where was the G1A made canon? I didn't have it on my canon radar. I'm hoping for at least 2 or 3 new ships if an appropriate size to spring from The Mandalorian as well as canonising a few legends favourites. I think we'll be lucky to see 1 scum ship spring from episode 9.

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Ghost: 43.9m long, 34.2m wide https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ghost

Gauntlet/Kom'rk ("small" variant): 52.3m long, 52.4m wide https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kom'rk-class_fighter

Yah, I just double checked that. Doesn't change that it is 20m wider. We also don't know how they're going to be doing Epic 2.0 maneuvers yet. I'm firm on it being a Huge base.

latest?cb=20111126174352

YV-865 Aurore Class Freighter: 52.3m long, 42.33m wide https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Aurore-class_freighter

I'd say Huge. Though if the Kom'rk is made a Large then the Aurore better be a large base...

If you really want to go there, the YV-666 in X-wing is the legends one that is 62 meters long.

The canon 666 doesn’t have a docking bay, and the Nashtah Pup is only in legends.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/YV-666_light_freighter/Legends?file=Houndstooth_schem.jpg

You can see where the docking bay is, if you look on the model you can see a tiny slit that most would guess is an engine, but it is actually the docking bay.

If the YV-666 can turn into a large base so can any other 60 meter or less ship.

11 minutes ago, Frostweasel said:

When/where was the G1A made canon? I didn't have it on my canon radar. I'm hoping for at least 2 or 3 new ships if an appropriate size to spring from The Mandalorian as well as canonising a few legends favourites. I think we'll be lucky to see 1 scum ship spring from episode 9.

The Star Wars Adventures comic series: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mist_Hunter

whatever gets released will likely be hyperspace legal almost right away. for this reason the Y-Wing seems the logical choice because it will enable mining guild swarms in hyperspace :)

I still want the HWK-290... that's my first choice.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

6 minutes ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

If you really want to go there, the YV-666 in X-wing is the legends one that is 62 meters long.

The canon 666 doesn’t have a docking bay, and the Nashtah Pup is only in legends.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/YV-666_light_freighter/Legends?file=Houndstooth_schem.jpg

You can see where the docking bay is, if you look on the model you can see a tiny slit that most would guess is an engine, but it is actually the docking bay.

If the YV-666 can turn into a large base so can any other 60 meter or less ship. 

The Canon YV-666 is 47.4m long, 36.9m wide, and 15.5m tall. You can fit a Z-95-AF4 (16.74m by 3.24m by 18.12 m) easily in the hull...

I already own 2 lancers so the only way I could buy a third would be if it was remodelled after Asajj Ventress' Banshee. It has a really sick paint job and a few hull and engine mods to make it distinctive.

On 2/8/2019 at 2:58 PM, Hiemfire said:

That is as wide and as long as the length of an Imperial Gozanti. If it shows up it'll be an Epic ship.

thank you!  Ive been dying on this hill for 2 years on the boards.

the thing is enormous, waaay to big for a large base

On 2/8/2019 at 4:42 PM, DakkaDakka12 said:

Then clearly the solution is to make the YV-666 Epic.  Scum could use a second option, anyway.

Looking at it from a factional balance perspective, scum have

1) Large base turret ship that has support function crew or gunner (Falcon/escape craft) as well as I6 pilot (Han) 

2) A medium base, highly utilitarian (ordnance, devices) and customizable ship which also happens to be the Icon of the Faction. (Firespray) 

3) Close quarters high skill interceptor Ace platform (Fang) 

4) Swarmable filler ships (MGT & Z95) 

So we've got torps and missile carriers already represented. Plenty of aces and swarm options. Some slight jank. But nowhere near enough for the faction to truly shine yet. 

What's missing for hyperspace balance? Crew, and illicits. Illicits are the Force and Tech of this faction. 

Enter the YV-666. It's Canon. It's a factional counterpoint equivalent to the Decimator, Starfortress, Upsilon and Rebel Falcon. It's got icons just waiting to join the game. We'll get Bossk, Moralo and Latts, Jabba crew, Greedo gunner, the Mangler cannon and lots of contraband illicits to define the Faction better.

We might even get Gonk. 

That's my prediction for the Scum Wave 5 ship. Maybe a Guns For Hire 2.0 Kihraxz / Starviper set if we're REALLY lucky. 

Edited by Cloaker

28 minutes ago, Cloaker said:

Looking at it from a factional balance perspective, scum have

1) Large base turret ship that has support function crew or gunner (Falcon/escape craft) as well as I6 pilot (Han) 

2) A medium base, highly utilitarian (ordnance, devices) and customizable ship which also happens to be the Icon of the Faction. (Firespray) 

3) Close quarters high skill interceptor Ace platform (Fang) 

4) Swarmable filler ships (MGT & Z95) 

So we've got torps and missile carriers already represented. Plenty of aces and swarm options. Some slight jank. But nowhere near enough for the faction to truly shine yet. 

What's missing for hyperspace balance? Crew, and illicits. Illicits are the Force and Tech of this faction. 

Enter the YV-666. It's Canon. It's a factional counterpoint equivalent to the Decimator, Starfortress, Upsilon and Rebel Falcon. It's got icons just waiting to join the game. We'll get Bossk, Moralo and Latts, Jabba crew, Greedo gunner, the Mangler cannon and lots of contraband illicits to define the Faction better.

We might even get Gonk. 

That's my prediction for the Scum Wave 5 ship. Maybe a Guns For Hire 2.0 Kihraxz / Starviper set if we're REALLY lucky. 

good point about illicits. scum need more of em and better ones. rigged cargo shoot is one of the few seeing play.

On 2/8/2019 at 9:42 PM, Hiemfire said:

G1A and YV-666 are Canon. The Aggressor strangely isn't yet though an IG-88 is (as is the IG-86 assassin/sentinel droid series that IG-88 is now derived from in Canon), and neither is the Jumpmaster yet. The releases/re-releases so far have been strictly Canon ships.

Not that I think a ship being canon is a deciding factor for FFG... But both the Aggressor (flown by IG in Star Wars Adventures #9) and Jumpmaster (cameo in Star Wars #61) are technically canon.

Aphra's ship?

I'd rather have new stuff than any reprints right now, at least if reprint implies no new cards. I'd happily accept a Kihraxz box with new configs or mods, a Banshee Lancer with new crew or illicits, or a Syck box with new cannons, though.

After that, a Y-Wing or Hawk reprint would be useful to me personally, although I'm not sure I really want either for hyperspace next. Aggressors or Kimogilas could be interesting.