XPav

Wave 5 predictions!

1 hour ago, Bucknife said:

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ...... think the people will need at least a couple waves to settle-in with their current Jedi pilots before we add new versions of Anakin and Obi-wan ... or the dreaded Yoda pilot, to X-Wing. 

Little Ani is flying the N1...

I joked about the pattern earlier, but I wonder if we can figure out more about Wave 5 since Wave 4 is the first Wave that isn't either introducing the Edition or a new faction.

The one thing we can definitely say is that a Wave doesn't have to include every faction. They also still don't seem to be prioritizing reprints based on screen presence. The Decimator being a way to get certain cards available in an Imperial pack might be a useful precedent for guessing. Wave 4 also evens out the number of reprinted ships between Resistance and First Order, if I'm not mistaken. This didn't seem to be important before, but this might mean it is something they'll try for.

The only time we've seen Squadron Packs still is Wave 3 introducing a totally new faction. I have a feeling we'll see something like them again, but I don't know if we can expect them as a normal part of Waves. I'd personally love to see a new Heroes of the Resistance with the Resistance Falcon and a new articulated Black One with the booster on its sculpt, but they'll probably do an individual release for that Falcon first. Even that might take a bit, though, as they had a gap between Lando's Falcon and the Rebel Falcon already, so that may be something they want to continue (they could reprint the Upsilon and Bomber next, then have some time to bring back the Falcon evenly with the First Order).

Edited by Jokubas

On 2/8/2019 at 4:13 PM, Jokubas said:

As it is, I've always wondered if that's why the title only ended up in the Rebel Conversion kit. Either because that caused it to slip their mind when designing the Scum kit, or because it was even fully Rebel Only at one point and was changed late enough that they didn't fix it.

I always assumed that the Moldy Crow title was only in the Rebel Conversion Kit because in 1e you had to have bought the Rebel HWK Expansion to have a copy.

20 hours ago, KiAdiMoody said:

I always assumed that the Moldy Crow title was only in the Rebel Conversion Kit because in 1e you had to have bought the Rebel HWK Expansion to have a copy.

That, and the ship itself was Rebel in the source material, if I'm not mistaken.  TBF, I haven't actually played the game.

9 hours ago, feltipern1 said:

That, and the ship itself was Rebel in the source material, if I'm not mistaken.  TBF, I haven't actually played the game.

The named ship has been owned by a few different individuals, including Dace Bonarm and Palob Gadahli. Kyle Katarn's use of the ship is likely the most well-known, though.

As far as i can see there are still a lot of  A wings (1.0) around in the shops, so why compete with your own products? On the other hand the Ghost is hard to find, still well known and could get the benefit of Maul crew.

Just now, Caduceus01 said:

I would like to see a Ghost three pack with both shuttles. If they do hopefully they make it so you can dock either shuttle in the Ghost. Oh and maybe a better stand!

No lie, if they did that, I'd gladly replace my current set for this!