SpiderMana

Wave 4 Announcement

1 hour ago, Redblock said:

I also think new missile in Sep bomber if faction specific and if my eyes doesn't deceive me they also need 2 missile  slots.

I guess that's the card for the big EMP bomb made out of Lego bricks.

13 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I'm thinking what will happen is that Wave IV will release, and everyone will complain about having to buy cross-faction for a card, saying, "It's 1.0 Autothrusters all over again!" , but they'll buy it anyway because they feel they need that card immediately.

Then Wave V will include those cards with the factions that need them, and FFG will say, "See?  We didn't keep you waiting!  Just as promised!"  And then everyone will whine about how they wouldn't have bought fourteen copies of the Resistance Transport if they would have known that the cannon was releasing just one wave away, and how it's all FFG's fault for lying to them by doing what they said they would do instead of doing what people expected them to do.

So **** true...

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

I'm thinking what will happen is that Wave IV will release, and everyone will complain about having to buy cross-faction for a card, saying, "It's 1.0 Autothrusters all over again!" , but they'll buy it anyway because they feel they need that card immediately.

Then Wave V will include those cards with the factions that need them, and FFG will say, "See?  We didn't keep you waiting!  Just as promised!"  And then everyone will whine about how they wouldn't have bought fourteen copies of the Resistance Transport if they would have known that the cannon was releasing just one wave away, and how it's all FFG's fault for lying to them by doing what they said they would do instead of doing what people expected them to do.

My thing is this: If the B-Wing had Autoblaster or whatever, the same folks who'd go out and buy 14 Resistance Transports immediately would buy 14 B-Wings immediately, and I'm sure the profit margin for FFG would be about the same. 

3 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

My thing is this: If the B-Wing had Autoblaster or whatever, the same folks who'd go out and buy 14 Resistance Transports immediately would buy 14 B-Wings immediately, and I'm sure the profit margin for FFG would be about the same. 

Psh, The Transport is $30 though. One small base ship, but the extra dial and pilot cards I guess justify the cost 😜 

11 hours ago, GeneralVryth said:

There is going to be some sad B-wing pilots, and people hoping for new cannon upgrades. This B-wing expansion contains nothing new at all.

The other pure reprints are much less surprising and not nearly as big of a deal since they felt fairly complete (either because they had a full stock of pilots for the Silencer and SF or because they were larger base ships that never had very many pilots known for them anyways).

It does seem FFG hasn't yet figured out (or want to show) how they plan to honor their promise about making new pilots available for existing ships without having to buy the ship again.

Oh I think they've figured it out exactly.  They just release ships with the exact same content as the conversion kits, so nobody who bought the conversion kits can complain about missing on new cards, and then they sell us the same miniatures again with new cards and a slightly different paint job in various "aces" packs.

9 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

if you are happy then ok but these r not worth buying for existing players who likely already have a set of acrylic templates. third party companies r breathing a sigh if relief because what they r offering is simply better... you think its a big ask for ffg to produce theme based templates? they could do it and it would scarcely put a dent in their sizeable bank account. recall the official coloured bases and official mvmnt dial cases? would also reduce the amount of mixing up of templates that happens in games. cmon ffg pick up your game.

Not every product is for every person. I don't have acrylic templates, and I like the star wars-look to the plastic ones, so I'll probably pick up a set of those (especially since some of my cardboard ones have developed warps and creases).

I doubt they're expecting them to be high-volume sellers.

5 hours ago, Maui. said:

The Resistance Transport has four actions. Three of them are red, on a dial with only four blues. No turnarounds, but it does have a stop and a couple reverses. Interesting.

Meanwhile, it looks like the N-1 Starfighter will have a Sensor slot. Fun!

The four actions with three of them being red is for the Resistance Transport Pod - based on the silhouettes on the pilot cards, the four on the left are the transport, and the four on the right (including the only fully visible card) are Pods.

It also looks like the Pod gets 2 defense, while the transport gets only 1, so I assume the transport will probably get higher hull and/or shields.

5 hours ago, JJ48 said:

But ERMAHGAHD my faction is totally uncompetative and unplayable because I can't wait 3 months between waves for the cards to be spread out!

Edit: On a more serious note, I don't need a 2nd Decimator, but I really want to get my hands on BT-1 and 0-0-0 for the Imperials. Do I buy the Scum Conversion kit, or another Deci? I get better value from the conversion kit, but I never played the small handful of Scum ships I had in 1E, and had no plan to in 2E. On the other hand, how many times am I going to run two Decis's? Epic? RAC/Oicunn Deci Bros? I dunno.

Edited by kris40k

9 hours ago, T70 Driver said:

Umm, not buy the new Silencer and keep using the one(s) you already have? That's what I'm planning to do initially until I can put 1.0 and 2.0 Silencers side by side and compare them. The only problem I've had with the 1.0 Silencer is how far forward the nose is off the base and that's fixable by adding/subtracting a peg or removing the model from the base when its close to other ships.

And, now that I've seen a better image of the new Silencer, I might be replacing my 3 old ones with new miniatures after all.

6 hours ago, JJ48 said:

I will tell you what will happen:

FFG will not add them in the next wave, and the next, like they aren't adding new Force powers in Waves III and IV, and Corporate Defence Force bootlickers will pretend nothing is wrong and FFG will still fulfill the promise at some point ignoring that the promise is worthless if we're talking about uspecified future (to be fair it is worthless when talking about anything besides the same wave which should be obvious to any competitive player).

What was that noise about Autothrusters in 1.0? The imperial crybabies could have just waited until Silencer release and they would get their upgrades, as promised.

Edited by eMeM

11 hours ago, JJH_BATMAN said:

Sorry for the over used joke. I couldn't resist. 

Anyway, what about this

He can take that new R2 unit that lets you use an evade as a mini focus.  Combine that with a force power and he could be OK.  Are we sure he'll get a force upgrade slot instead anyway?  Personally I don't think he should, as he's had no training and doesn't even know he has force powers.

1 minute ago, thespaceinvader said:

That new Astro seems to me to make the Force evade on the Aethersprite a lot less painful, since you can still use it as a regular Force if you don't need it.

True, but still lost your action.  I just think I'd rather reposition almost all the time.

I was about to grab the older TIE Silencer, but now I'm not so sure it's a good move. I dont mind grabbing a second one, but if the size difference is that bad and the cost is just as cheap as, should i just wait?

I've never been a fan of the N1, but it's looking like a lot of appreciation is going it's way.  I've just pre ordered the republic stuff, but will I regret not picking up one of these, that's the big q!

1 hour ago, infyrana said:

I was about to grab the older TIE Silencer, but now I'm not so sure it's a good move. I dont mind grabbing a second one, but if the size difference is that bad and the cost is just as cheap as, should i just wait?

I've never been a fan of the N1, but it's looking like a lot of appreciation is going it's way.  I've just pre ordered the republic stuff, but will I regret not picking up one of these, that's the big q!

Get the one you like best. New one should be closer to scale, if that is your preference. 

As to the Republic.... N1 might be the first ship I pick up for that faction. Maybe.

4 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Get the one you like best. New one should be closer to scale, if that is your preference. 

As to the Republic.... N1 might be the first ship I pick up for that faction. Maybe.

Not had chance to check either out in person. I cancelled my order for the old one now as I feel I could grab two new ones on trade in and have them match to scale. I might have shown interest in the Reaper now as that's unlikely to get replaced, just unsure.

Ah I like the ARCs most of all with the eta if they make it, just don't wanna regret missing out on the N1 as a good filler.

N1 it looks real fun, the only real sad part is that we don't seem to get a pilot from the classic game Star War: Starfighter, though with them pulling from canon characters it makes sense. With the Republic getting tons of new astromechs, their squadron pack adding a few, the Delta 7 coming with one, and the N1 adding another 2 it really feels like the Rebels are being left behind compared to them and the Resistance. And considering reprints won't get new ones in them the only way to get new astromechs for them, which aren't just a better version of the generic R2 and R5, is through squadron packs. 

Hyenna Bombers look interesting, and I'm looking forward to what that Electro Proton Bomb does when it strangely enough looks like it is a missile upgrade, that or the missile is just a new card and they have the bomb under the facedown upgrades. 

Despite not looking great the Resistance Transport does offer some interesting options by taking it in one form or another, and if they are cheaper they might help fill that cheap ship role that the Resistance wants. If I had to guess the Astromechs added in the set are from the conversion kit that weren't in the T-70 pack.

The Falcon is nice to see for new players, and while I'd like to get it at somepoint to have the engine glow on it I'm going to wait for it to be decently on sale before considering to pick it up. The B-Wing seems cool as can be, definitely going to pick a couple up solely for the model.

Decimator, I already have one and don't really feel I need another. Similarly, I feel I don't need the Silencer or TIE/sf, but I could possibly pick the Silencer up if I see it on sale at somepoint. 

I think based off this and what we've seen for wave 3 what FFG is likely to do is only release squadron packs to add new pilots and upgrades as a way to keep to their commitment to not making people buy stuff they bought before. I suspect the Rebels will likely get a repainted B-Wing with the prototype paint scheme, and two phoenix squadron scheme A-Wings with pilots from Rebels being added for the most part. They will likely also get a Blue Squadron release with a U-Wing with this paint scheme and a Blue Squadron X-Wing that adds pilots from Rogue One. The Imperials I guess will get a Rebels themed set with the included ships either being the Interceptors in ANH white and the Tie Defender Elite in red or yellow, or a set of Tie Advanced V1 and Vult Skarris' Tie Interceptor