SpiderMana

Wave 4 Announcement

26 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Barring the Conversion Kits, have we actually yet seen any ships release with cross-faction upgrades that another, legal faction couldn't get?

Agile gunner (nobody but Scum can access without buying out of faction )

Composure (currently scum only without out of faction buys, but looks like prequels get it too - again, no option for other factions)

Looking ahead, we see ordnance options that are in both republic and cis faction packs that are not available elsewhere.

27 minutes ago, Maui. said:

I can't read the fourth name, but three of the four pilots are definitely [5] Ric Olie, [4] Anakin Skywalker, and [4] Padme Amidala

EDIT - [3] Dinee Ellberger

I am so not pouting in a corner...totally not pouting...

I am also not thinking of calling Ric Rhys and Dinee or Padme Gavyn...

🙄

Edited by KiraYamatoSF

2 hours ago, kris40k said:

Yeah, both are from SWG. The Decimator is also the sole reason why I am playing this game. The Deci was the top-of-the-line ship for Imperial pilots. For an Imperial officer, getting one was like having a Firespray if you were a bounty hunter, or a smuggler getting behind the controls of a YT-1300. When I saw it on the shelf I had to have it.

After I bought the model from my local game shop, I would later poke around and find out there was a pretty fun tabletop game it could be used with.

The Deci would show up again in the mobile game as well, so its new canon as well, as you mentioned.

Decimator was also in PSP game Lethal alliance, Rhianna Saren steals it and you get to man the guns in the second last level.

Wasn’t there talk about cards being released in a blister-pack type release? So maybe the brand new non-unique stuff gets packed like that for existing players not wanting the new sculpts.

No one is going to fly Anakin (N1) unless he ha a great ability because he can't take Juke.

Anaways, Anakin's ability should be,'At the start of the engagement phase, you may spend one Force token and say "I'll try spinning, that's a good trick" to preform a barrel roll action. After you preform a barrel roll, you may preform a barrel roll.'

40 minutes ago, Maui. said:

The Resistance Transport has four actions. Three of them are red, on a dial with only four blues. No turnarounds, but it does have a stop and a couple reverses. Interesting.

Meanwhile, it looks like the N-1 Starfighter will have a Sensor slot. Fun!

This was discussed in the Transport-specific thread, but there are two different dials and "ships" in that kit.

One model--hopefully comes apart--two separate ships you can fly (you don't dock it, you choose one or the other to fly and that's it for the game, it seems.)

Thus 8 pilot cards, the first four of which have different stats than the visible cards (and presumably different actions), and the $30 pricetag.

Just now, kempokid said:

Wasn’t there talk about cards being released in a blister-pack type release? So maybe the brand new non-unique stuff gets packed like that for existing players not wanting the new sculpts.

All I ever saw was supposition on forums, early on suggesting it as a means to meet FFG's desire to not require us to purchase out of faction to get upgrades (they did say that the ugrades wouldn't be released at the same time across the factions) but nothing from FFG saying that they would be selling card packs.

3 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

All I ever saw was supposition on forums, early on suggesting it as a means to meet FFG's desire to not require us to purchase out of faction to get upgrades (they did say that the ugrades wouldn't be released at the same time across the factions) but nothing from FFG saying that they would be selling card packs.

It would be smart to do this imo. I think our willingness to pay $10ish for cards would bring in more revenue as a whole than the people buying new ships just for the cards. I thought they would have learned that by now.

13 minutes ago, JJH_BATMAN said:

No one is going to fly Anakin (N1) unless he ha a great ability because he can't take Juke.

Anaways, Anakin's ability should be,'At the start of the engagement phase, you may spend one Force token and say "I'll try spinning, that's a good trick" to preform a barrel roll action. After you preform a barrel roll, you may preform a barrel roll.'

I can't wait for this joke to end.

5 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

More the pilot ability joke itself, it can finally friggin' end.

Or live on eternally when it's actually his ability :P 

Edit:

I mean let's be real, everyone making the joke will continue to quote that line every time we barrel roll, regardless of his ability.

And there will be much unnecessary barrel rolling.

Edited by SpiderMana

Sorry for the over used joke. I couldn't resist. 

Anyway, what about this

29 minutes ago, JJH_BATMAN said:

So lets evaluate new stuff we are getting in wave 4.

1 new torpedo, in all 3 new ships, art from 1.0 plasma torpedo, so might be functional reprint (3 dice, removes one shield after resolve).  Range 2-3, 3 dice, like the old days. situational, but will go on all 2 attack ships with torpedo slot, as will cost around 7-9 points. It can also be included in sith infiltrator and Arc packs, as it have torpedo slots, and not all cards revealed.

Resistance gets new autoblaster cannon. There is low chance this one is also in Sith infiltrator

And Both Republic and seps gets something new for sensor slot.. I also think new missile in Sep bomber if faction specific and if my eyes doesn't deceive me they also need 2 missile  slots.

Bonus. Barrage missiles for ship with calculate.....

Edited.

Edited by Redblock

6 hours ago, kempokid said:

Wonder if that new debris will be an illicit, mod, or device. I loved packing rigged cargo on my Cavern Angels for that brief moment of 1.0.

You can put it on Z-95s with Vizago. And then cloak your Lancer. Bring Jabba and you can keep them both up for a long time.

4 minutes ago, Redblock said:

Resistance gets new autoblaster cannon. This one hurts, but none of wave 4 3 or 5 4 new releases have cannon slots (I mean new ships, not reprints), so including it made no sense.

Teaser is for Wave 4, no info for Wave 5 yet (allot of wistful supposition from some, me included). The Sith Infiltrator (Wave 3) has a Cannon Slot (having the Ion Cannon and Heavy Laser Cannon upgrades in the expansion would be useless otherwise) and allot of unrevealed cards.

Sith Infiltrator spread (cannons are just to the right of the Advanced Proton Torpedoes in the bottom spread):

swz30_spread.png

19 minutes ago, JJH_BATMAN said:

Sorry for the over used joke. I couldn't resist. 

Anyway, what about this

I mean the ‘spend a force at the start of engagement to do a double barrel roll’ is all sorts of amazing.

Actually ‘spend a force charge to use the [template of choice] to perform a barrel roll’ as a regular action would be amazing too. Think, how many times have you had an opportunity to either arc dodge or set up a great shot with a barrel roll, only to realize that it leaves you about 5mm short of where you really needed to be.

If you’re like me it’s all the dang time.

18 minutes ago, Redblock said:

Bonus. Barrage missiles for ship with calculate.....

I like the idea of that new Tac Relay allowing them to treat it as requiring a Calculate token instead of a Focus. Or maybe a specific ship ability, so only two or three can use Barrage rockets.

/facepalm Missed this the first several times I looked through the article. The Resistance Transport comes with a strain token (bottom, right below the Stress tokens):

swz45_spread.png

Could it be connected to the "auto-blasters"?

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

/facepalm Missed this the first several times I looked through the article. The Resistance Transport comes with a strain token (bottom, right below the Stress tokens):

swz45_spread.png

Could it be connected to the "auto-blasters"?

Possibly, there is also 4 unique crew at least and a astromech. Between pilot abilities it could be anything.

2 hours ago, kempokid said:

It would be smart to do this imo. I think our willingness to pay $10ish for cards would bring in more revenue as a whole than the people buying new ships just for the cards. I thought they would have learned that by now.

I'm thinking what will happen is that Wave IV will release, and everyone will complain about having to buy cross-faction for a card, saying, "It's 1.0 Autothrusters all over again!" , but they'll buy it anyway because they feel they need that card immediately.

Then Wave V will include those cards with the factions that need them, and FFG will say, "See?  We didn't keep you waiting!  Just as promised!"  And then everyone will whine about how they wouldn't have bought fourteen copies of the Resistance Transport if they would have known that the cannon was releasing just one wave away, and how it's all FFG's fault for lying to them by doing what they said they would do instead of doing what people expected them to do.