Jump to content
SpiderMana

Wave 4 Announcement

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

>:/

I contest this, your TIE/LNs are just fine, they're just not six different kinds of broken. Vader seriously is not awful, TIE Strikers are tricky but good, but TIE Reapers are especially not garbage.

And we had all of those for Wave 0, we are now at Wave 4 and have gained nothing of use to us.  I didn't say that the Empire was unplayable, I said we have received no new content since launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HolySorcerer said:

And we had all of those for Wave 0, we are now at Wave 4 and have gained nothing of use to us.  I didn't say that the Empire was unplayable, I said we have received no new content since launch.

Well, okay.

Yeah, you're right about that. You guys need like two ships in a wave- the TIE/RB and like, IDFK. the like.

I guess you dudes could really do with the Interceptor in the meta right now huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

I doubt access to focus. Maybe that new Tac Relay with Super Battle Droids in the art will allow Calculate to count for purposes of firing focus-required-ordnance?

Possibly. Could also be a Skilled Bombardier simile. The Barrage Rockets still have me chuckling. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

🤨 So stage one of converting Epic is the range ruler from the template set? I wonder how they're going to handle maneuvers.

Well, eirher they’re paving the road to Epic one step at a time, or perhaps they’re going to introduce further ranges into Standard X-Wing.

More to your point, the could have thrown in two range extenders with the Epic Ship Deluxe Template Kit when it came out.

Still, it is a better sign for Epic that we are getting range five rulers in the 2.0 products than if we didn’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ghw83 said:

I am confused about the silencer, and how they can come out with a smaller based ship that will be that much easier to fly.  What am i supposed to do with my larger 1.0 silencer that was converted using the conversion kit?

 

The Tie silencer has always been a small base ship and still is, only the model was sculpted too large. This re-sculpt is the correct size. If you already have a tie silencer and conversion kit, you don't need this expansion pack at all. I'll be getting a couple because I really like the new, properly-sized and repainted model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here to add my grains of salt to the B-wing pile.

No new pilots?

New cannon and torpedo being released in the same wave, but NOT in the B-wing expansion?

The new resculpt and articulation is great to have, but come on, FFG. I'm hoping against all odds that this isn't the entirety of the expansion's contents. Not losing my head over this, but a bit disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RookiePilot said:

Still, it is a better sign for Epic that we are getting range five rulers in the 2.0 products than if we didn’t.

Yep.

2 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Oh, goodie.  A Decimator.  Guess that kills the "most iconic ships first" theory.

You guys have a 2.0 large base turret now though. A frigging steam roller of a large based turret at that... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Wedgeismyhero said:

Here to add my grains of salt to the B-wing pile.

No new pilots?

New cannon and torpedo being released in the same wave, but NOT in the B-wing expansion?

The new resculpt and articulation is great to have, but come on, FFG. I'm hoping against all odds that this isn't the entirety of the expansion's contents. Not losing my head over this, but a bit disappointed.

FFG is simply doing what they said they would. They aren't releasing new content for 2.0 in ships that were in 1.0.

 

18 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Oh, goodie.  A Decimator.  Guess that kills the "most iconic ships first" theory.

I disagree. The 3 most iconic ships are now in 2.0 or will be soon: X-Wing, TIE Fighter, YT-1300. And, go with me here, since we read left to right, you found out that the YT-1300 would be in 2.0 before you found out that the Decimator would.

Heck, you could throw in the Firespray/Slave 1 as the 4th most iconic/recognizable ship (Star destroyers excluded).

Edited by Skitchx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just think it's odd that every other faction gets rather recognizable, even iconic, ships while the Empire gets one of the least-recognizable ships possible (the other being the TIE Aggressor).

Speaking of which, where do the Decimator and Aggressor come from?  I thought FFG had created them specifically for the game, but someone said they did have another source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Speaking of which, where do the Decimator and Aggressor come from?  I thought FFG had created them specifically for the game, but someone said they did have another source.

Apparently both appeared in a computer game from 2004.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I just think it's odd that every other faction gets rather recognizable, even iconic, ships while the Empire gets one of the least-recognizable ships possible (the other being the TIE Aggressor).

Speaking of which, where do the Decimator and Aggressor come from?  I thought FFG had created them specifically for the game, but someone said they did have another source.

Originally the old MMO Star Wars: Galaxies though the Decimator was brought into the new Canon via a mobile app along with the HWK-290 a few years back.

Edited by Hiemfire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hyena has Landing Struts instead of Grappling Struts as it's config. It honestly has a worse word salad than Grappling struts does on the open side. Anyone want to tempt a migraine and try and read it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ghw83 said:

I am confused about the silencer, and how they can come out with a smaller based ship that will be that much easier to fly.  What am i supposed to do with my larger 1.0 silencer that was converted using the conversion kit?

 

You should be flying the Silencer in a small base now with the conversion kit  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PanchoX1 said:

oh, that's interesting. See this @Darth Meanie?

I did. . .and ironically my first thought was not Epic but actually allowing R4 stuff in Standard somewhere down the road.  But I guess it goes to R5 even?

I'm not converting Rebels, but I think I still want a spinny B-Wing! 😎

And I might need a Silencer "repaint."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was not expecting to see an announcement today.

I don't like these catch-up waves though. I mean, I totally understand and don't have a better way to recommend, but it just gives me such mixed feelings to look over the spread and realize how little is actually new. I wish they could just reprint everything at once and flood the stores, just so the next announcement can be all fresh again. 😜

The Naboo Starfighter is nice. I was hoping to see that one day, and it didn't take very long after the faction arrived. Looks like Anakin might be there with a Force ability, and I'm happy about that.

The Resistance Transport is a bit boring. Back in the day, I hoped we would avoid it because of that, but now that Resistance is a separate faction and there isn't a whole lot else for them to pick from, I won't complain. Plus, the implications of the multiple dials is always fun.

No real comment on the Hyena. It makes sense and all I guess, but I realized that I never really paid attention to the various droid ships.

I'm always happy to see the neat articulation in Second Edition show up again for the B-Wing. I know some people have had problems with theirs and I don't mean to diminish that, but I haven't so far so from my experience it's just been a neat bonus. I'm less happy about the Millennium Falcon. I'm certainly happy for new players that they'll get an engine glow by default, but I like that myself and don't really want to have to buy a new one. I love the Falcon and all and I got Lando's Falcon without really needing it, but the more Falcons I have in my collection, the less special they feel to me (not to mention they're large ships and thus more expensive).

Otherwise, I don't know what to say. I like the idea of the official deluxe templates, but I'm not really fond of the design. I like the idea of the texture they have, but I think having the information on them being highlighted is more important. I might buy them anyway though because I've been taught the usefulness of range ruler increments (plus it might make storage easier for me) and I don't hate them.

As for new content in the reprints, I'm cautiously optimistic. Having the Conversion Kits cover the reprints is really nice... but will fall flat if they don't ever offer any other product. I expected that we would see the speculated card-only packs by now, but I don't think they're impossible just because we haven't yet. If they never turn up though, this will end up being super awkward (and in the meantime, the wait really sucks for those it affects).

Edited by Jokubas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet! I have been hoping the Republic gets the N1. In casual games I might try to see if I can play the N1 and Scurrg together to reenact Starfighter missions or the Aethersprite and Scurrg for Jedi Starfighter. God I hope Gavyn Sykes and Rhys Dallows are pilots, I doubt it cause none of the names seem to match or fit but I can hope.

The Resistance transport doesn't suprise me really, question is if it can physially detach the pod part. Though I admit I would have thought the full package would be medium base. Resistance still has the Fireball and T-85 in reserve for releases.

Cross about the repackaged stuff. Would like to get soe new B-wing pilots and cards for example...but then people would get mad and complain that the expansion has cards not in the conversion kit.

Maybe we could get like a card and base pack in the future with new upgrades and pilots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jokubas said:

As for new content in the reprints, I'm cautiously optimistic. Having the Conversion Kits cover the reprints is really nice... but will fall flat if they don't ever offer any other product. I expected that we would see the speculated card-only packs by now, but I don't think they're impossible just because we haven't yet. If they never turn up though, this will end up being super awkward.

I am in the same boat, only I am more on the “this isn’t good” rather than cautiously optimistic.

To me, the writing was on the wall in wave 3 with the striker and z95 having no new content. This seems to confirm that is how ffg will elude the “no need to ever rebuy models you have for cards” — by just not providing you with new content, period.

I really liked the idea of the squad packs in wave 3 to kick start a non-conversion kit player. I was hoping we’d see “new universal upgrade” packs at some point. But with wave 3 and 4 clearly showing cross faction cards only in the new factions, I’m afraid ffg has made it loud and clear: if you want all the choices, you must buy more than the factions you converted to 2.0, because you’re not getting new ships to put the new content in.

I am on the fence.... if I knew how long we’d go without new content I could make a better choice. There’s space in my storage for more ships, but I don’t know if I want to be buying yet another faction. I have 4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Sweet! I have been hoping the Republic gets the N1. In casual games I might try to see if I can play the N1 and Scurrg together to reenact Starfighter missions or the Aethersprite and Scurrg for Jedi Starfighter. God I hope Gavyn Sykes and Rhys Dallows are pilots, I doubt it cause none of the names seem to match or fit but I can hope.

Don't tempt me! Starfighter is the only reason I keep almost picking up the Scurrg even though I don't plan on ever flying it. With all of these together, I might have to finally grab the lot. 😜

8 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

The Resistance transport doesn't suprise me really, question is if it can physially detach the pod part. Though I admit I would have thought the full package would be medium base. Resistance still has the Fireball and T-85 in reserve for releases.

Speaking of the T-85, I think this Wave made me realize that I'm excited for what the next movie means for X-Wing in a way I never have before. With both Force Awakens and Last Jedi, there were still other old ships I was hoping to see get added to X-Wing, so it bugged me that they were grabbing whatever they could from the new movies (even if I didn't actually mind that stuff). Now that the Resistance and First Order are separate and they don't get in the way of old ships in the same way, I'm actually a lot more excited about what we can see from the new movies.

Edited by Jokubas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Originally the old MMO Star Wars: Galaxies though the Decimator was brought into the new Canon via a mobile app along with the HWK-290 a few years back.

Yeah, both are from SWG. The Decimator is also the sole reason why I am playing this game. The Deci was the top-of-the-line ship for Imperial pilots. For an Imperial officer, getting one was like having a Firespray if you were a bounty hunter, or a smuggler getting behind the controls of a YT-1300. When I saw it on the shelf I had to have it.

After I bought the model from my local game shop, I would later poke around and find out there was a pretty fun tabletop game it could be used with.

The Deci would show up again in the mobile game as well, so its new canon as well, as you mentioned.

Edited by kris40k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...