SpiderMana

Wave 4 Announcement

My immediate hope is that there is something on the Resistance Transport that will make the Starfortresses *sing*.  Because they are a little underwhelming right now, and I so want to love them.  But, oh, to see Leia in the layout....  And an apparently dockable pod?  Looks very...interesting.

3 minutes ago, Danomight said:

Do my eyes deceive me or is there no K2SO in that fan of Resistance crew cards. 😧 They can't possibly be omitting him again??

Well. He’s Rebel, not Resistance. So.

I am interested in the calculate token in the Resistance Transport spread. Not sure if it’s a pilot or crew or mech that allows it, but. C3-PO should be useful now!

Edited by SpiderMana
**** ninjas.

4 minutes ago, Kleeg005 said:

My immediate hope is that there is something on the Resistance Transport that will make the Starfortresses *sing*.  Because they are a little underwhelming right now, and I so want to love them.  But, oh, to see Leia in the layout....  And an apparently dockable pod?  Looks very...interesting.

Have you seen the Double Tap Vennie thread over in Squad Building?  I'd say that's a pretty solid StarFortress

1 minute ago, SpiderMana said:

I am interested in the calculate token in the Resistance Transport spread. Not sure if it’s a pilot or crew or mech that allows it, but. C3-PO should be useful now!

As am I...I've been wondering how Resistance 3P0's Coordinate bonus would play out.

1 minute ago, SpiderMana said:

Ah, good spot. Nice to see 3P0’s first clause isn’t going to useless anymore, heh.

42 minutes ago, Greebwahn said:

The condition in the N-1 pack as much as I can read it:

"When you defend, each friendly [idk...] in the attack arc may spend 1 evade token to change one of your results to an evade result

If you are a Naboo Royal N-1 Starfighter, each friendly [] may spend 1 evade token to add one evade result instead"

Yo, I got it. The part I couldn't figure out is the name of that PS 1 two dot pilot. Royal Bodyguard or something. During setup it will assign that condition to its protected ship, so any ship can have 2 bodyguards

7 minutes ago, feltipern1 said:

Have you seen the Double Tap Vennie thread over in Squad Building?  I'd say that's a pretty solid StarFortress

I have.  Between that build or a variation, and perhaps a dozen other permutations on different gunship platforms, I am maybe 50/50 ratoio.  Most of the time it just feels like something is missing, win or lose.  Either I need to pick up a third RZ for more wingmate support, or this Transport fulfills the dream.

Well, the B-wing pack doesn't have me hopeful for the A-wing or Interceptor re-release. They are probably still trying to hammer out a suitable option. I hope. Slick model, though. 

At least the new stuff is exciting. 

9 minutes ago, Greebwahn said:

Yo, I got it. The part I couldn't figure out is the name of that PS 1 two dot pilot. Royal Bodyguard or something. During setup it will assign that condition to its protected ship, so any ship can have 2 bodyguards

Dang, I think we’ll definitely see plenty of builds around that. Two Aethersprites and the pair of bodyguards assisting them seems like it should fit?

The more I look at the new content in this wave, the more ridiculous it gets. 

We have a new torpedo, new sensor and new cannon. All things the B-Wing can use. And yet, despite appearing in the same wave, the B-Wing itself doesn't have any of them. 

I really don't want to be one of those people who gets all up in arms about "waaahhh FFG promised us we wouldn't have to buy outside our faction" because I never expected upgrades to be cross faction if they couldn't be used by another ship in the same wave. But come on! It's like they're deliberately and brazenly doing the opposite of what they said would happen.

16 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Ah, good spot. Nice to see 3P0’s first clause isn’t going to useless anymore, heh.

If it’s only a pilot, then it’ll still be pretty useless since you want the transport to be the one doing the coordinating rather than being coordinated!

I think we have to assume that the shuttle has at least 2 crew slots, and that at least one of the new crew has the ability to give the calculate action to one or more other ships in your squad.

Maybe via a status?

21 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

You wouldn't expect him in resistance and the reprints are not including new stuff.

24 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

25 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Well, he wouldn’t be in the Resistance. He’d be a Rebel Crew.

1355331549061.jpg

at least I think he's sarcastic

Edited by Jo Jo

Just now, TasteTheRainbow said:

Isn’t this just them keeping their promise about not adding new stuff to the conversion kits for existing ships?

It is, but I was hoping they would find a way to include new pilots without buying the plastic (which was what they promised, that you woulndn't have to re buy plastic to get cards) - wave 3 makes that seem unlikely, though not impossible.

SO mega excited for the Resistance transport! It's exactly what my lists have been needing- I can't give one toss about flying The Falcon in The Resistance, it does nothing I want it to.

But the shuttle, ohoho yes, I NEED A COORDINATE BOAT AND I NEED IT NOW.

My X-Wings also REALLY want those autoblasters.

10 minutes ago, DexterOnone said:

If it’s only a pilot, then it’ll still be pretty useless since you want the transport to be the one doing the coordinating rather than being coordinated!

I think we have to assume that the shuttle has at least 2 crew slots, and that at least one of the new crew has the ability to give the calculate action to one or more other ships in your squad.

Maybe via a status?

Fair. My hope is that it will be the astro upgrade we see face down in the spread. That would open up T-70s to the  enhanced range coordinate.