SpiderMana

Wave 4 Announcement

3 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

SF has a force token in the spread... Spotted the mistake?

The description also says it comes with six upgrade cards, but there are seven in the pic.

Ugh, why does every new ship have like 6 unique pilots and the Bwing and SF only have two? FFG Fail

N-1 looks like its gonna be everywhere. Free evades = juking dominance.

Looks like im only getting the resistance transport. Nice Lambda ish support I hope.

6 minutes ago, XPav said:

TIE/Vn - re-sculpt to not be such a thicc boi

New paint job also way better, IMHO.  They look nicer when they're not so monochromatic.

6 minutes ago, papy72 said:

The plastic range ruler/movement tool pack does not impress me at all.  The acrylics you can buy from third parties look so much nicer.

I get it, but I'm sure it'd look a lot better if painted than unpainted.  Some washes and drybrushing, and the textures would pop.  Now, I don't know if it'd really be my personal style, but it seems potentially cool.

4 minutes ago, Maui. said:

default card

swz41_spread.png

The Hyena comes with Traj. Sim., so the Bombardment Drone will probably be able to launch mines 5 straight then, right?

Edited by dadocollin

1 minute ago, dadocollin said:

swz41_spread.png

The Hyena comes with Traj. Sim., so the Bombardment Drone will probably be able to launch mines 5 straight then, right?

Nope.  It can't drop them with a 5 straight, so it can't launch them with one either.  You can only launch mines with the same template you use to drop them normally.

8 minutes ago, Maui. said:

default card

swz41_spread.png

Edited by dadocollin

1 minute ago, dadocollin said:

swz41_spread.png

Not necessarily. The Hyena lets you launch using the same template used to drop, and there's currently no way to drop with a 5 straight template.

That being said we'll have to see what all the cards are and how they'll interact before we can know for sure what the capabilities are. My current suspicion is that Skilled Bombardier might allow the Hyena to drop mines 1 or 2 forward, which sounds pretty flippin effective enough on its own even without a 5 forward option

1 minute ago, wurms said:

N-1 looks like its gonna be everywhere. Free evades = juking dominance.

Only 2 red dice, though.

Hrm.  Interesting ship.  A Z-95 with Full Throttle.  Price for that, with the solid action bar, is what, low-to-mid 30s on a cheap generic?

At least if feels kinda new.  Weak statline, strong ability, solid dial and action bar.  Sensor slot could be fun.

Wait... Juke Torpedoes? Hrm. :mellow:

5 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

With the N1 available, I only need the Eta-2 to focus on a new faction!

That Aethersprite Eta N1 squad will be amazing

I agree! I am very much looking forward to this

The condition in the N-1 pack as much as I can read it:

"When you defend, each friendly [idk...] in the attack arc may spend 1 evade token to change one of your results to an evade result

If you are a Naboo Royal N-1 Starfighter, each friendly [] may spend 1 evade token to add one evade result instead"

41 minutes ago, XPav said:

With no new pilots for the B-Wing, I'm calling it...

FFG will release "pilot upgrade packs" with the base and pilot cards, maybe some upgrade cards.

That'd what I am thinking. They said they would do card packs, so I could see Rebel, Imperial and Scum packs similar to the Clone Wars boxes, but potentially without ships. Alternatively, they could come as part of a campaign box.

6 minutes ago, eMeM said:

The new bomb token in the Hyena expansion is an Electroproton Bomb from TCW:

Esentially an Ion Bomb on steroids.

Interesting that it comes in a droid bomber and not a Republic one.  Maybe this is an indication the next wave will have the Republic Y-wing which will also carry this bomb.  Yey!

I'm happy! Of my big 3 wish list ships, we got 2 so far: Auzituck and the Transport... Last one is the HH-87 Starhopper.

I wanted the Transport since TFA. I was really hoping it would have 3 configurations (one with the pod and cannon attached, without the cargo/passenger compartment) but I'm cool with it.

resistance Transport pod and gun.jpg

29 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Well, there are what look like Autoblaster Cannons and Plasma Torpedoes in other expansions, which might be handy for B-Wings.  The N-1 looks like it might have a new System upgrade, too (whatever that recurring charge thing is).  New upgrades--even when non-specific--can breathe new life into old designs.

What little can be seen of the Plasma Torps looks interesting to me: they seem to have 3 rather than 4 red dice, which is new for a Torpedo.

But what is the "best" way for us to get those new cards?  New B-wing sculpt?  Shut up and take my money.  Going to be hard to only buy 2.  Pack all the new stuff in there and I'm happy.  But I don't want to buy an 8th Kihraxz when they come out to get a new title etc.  I'm afraid FFG is building this airplane while they fly it and I'm real curious how they plan on getting new content to players that only fly OT ships.

1 hour ago, XPav said:

With no new pilots for the B-Wing, I'm calling it...

FFG will release "pilot upgrade packs" with the base and pilot cards, maybe some upgrade cards.

My bet is that they will actually release Hyperspace Upgrade Packs filled with new Pilots and some Upgrades for whatever ships they want to be legal in the Hyperspace Format. Ideally, these packs would be released right before a new Hyperspace season begins. 

25 minutes ago, Maui. said:

My current suspicion is that Skilled Bombardier might allow the Hyena to drop mines 1 or 2 forward,

🤨 Skilled Bombardier... Doubtful on the Hyena. The teased Tac Relay Upgrade maybe. Second from top:

swz41_spread.png

42 minutes ago, papy72 said:

The plastic range ruler/movement tool pack does not impress me at all.  The acrylics you can buy from third parties look so much nicer.

Agreed. Those are very underwhelming. 

2 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

But what is the "best" way for us to get those new cards?  New B-wing sculpt?  Shut up and take my money.  Going to be hard to only buy 2.  Pack all the new stuff in there and I'm happy.  But I don't want to buy an 8th Kihraxz when they come out to get a new title etc.  I'm afraid FFG is building this airplane while they fly it and I'm real curious how they plan on getting new content to players that only fly OT ships.

Yep.  The upgrades should have been in both kinds of kits.  The biggest reason I'm interested in Clone Wars content is so that I don't have to rebuy B-Wings, for example.  But there are other players with other desires, who'd rather buy the B-Wing, get the generic Torpedoes and Cannons and Sensors and such.