SpiderMana

Wave 4 Announcement

3 minutes ago, GeneralVryth said:

I just saw that. That's actually even worse, if there is a new cannon the B-wing is going to want to take being released in the same wave as the B-wing reprint and it doesn't include it you are going to have a lot of pissed off Rebel players. It's one thing if there isn't a place for a logical reprint, but this clearly isn't that.

Yeah, I'm trying really hard at the moment not to get salty about this. 

This is only an announcement article, and we don't have anywhere near all the info yet. 

But if it does indeed end up that we get an Autoblasters upgrade with a sodding B-Wing dominating the art in a wave that includes the B-Wing but it isn't in the B-Wing expansion, I will be pissed. 

4 minutes ago, GeneralVryth said:

I just saw that. That's actually even worse, if there is a new cannon the B-wing is going to want to take being released in the same wave as the B-wing reprint and it doesn't include it you are going to have a lot of pissed off Rebel players. It's one thing if there isn't a place for a logical reprint, but this clearly isn't that.

To be fair, if it's anything like the current cannons available it's attack is probably just disappointment and failure with a range just far enough to hit your hopes and dreams...or it's a free pile of mediocrity like the Jamming beam.

Very happy to see the Decimator being released again with a lot of the Imperial force-user crew in the pack. While the Lambda-class is bit more iconic, I love flying the Decimator and seeing those upgrades becoming available in Hyperspace sooner will make  me a bit more interested in the format, as currently its pretty bland on the Imperial side with all the nice crew cards not in the format yet.

I also like seeing the N1, as I think that is a very iconic ship and the Hyena bomber looks very interesting. I'd like to see more of it.

edit: Also good to see BT-1 and 0-0-0 in there.

Edited by kris40k

It's probably good that we are not getting new content with the re-released ships but I hope they figure out a way to put out new content for  the rereleased ships.  Not sure how they will do that though.

If they had some new fancy crew included in the Falcon reprint, I would get seriously grumpy.  I don't need another Falcon model.  The B-wing though?  I'm down for two of those.  (Actually sold 2 of my custom painted B-wings so need two more anywho.)

Edited by gamblertuba

2 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Anyone notice the interesting hex shaped tokens in the Hyena?

Wonder what those are.

And, looks the the Deci has 000 and BT1 in it, which is a good thing.

Is that a new bomb token as well?  Looks like it comes with Bomblet generator and a third bomb.

1 minute ago, Cloaker said:

Highly, thoroughly surprised they did Decimator before Lambda.

I agree with this as well. I would be curious to know what the reasoning was behind this because I am sure it isn't random.

3 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

It's probably good that we are not getting new content with the re-released ships but I hope they figure out a way to put out new content for  the rereleased ships.  Not sure how they will do that though.

Well, there are what look like Autoblaster Cannons and Plasma Torpedoes in other expansions, which might be handy for B-Wings.  The N-1 looks like it might have a new System upgrade, too (whatever that recurring charge thing is).  New upgrades--even when non-specific--can breathe new life into old designs.

What little can be seen of the Plasma Torps looks interesting to me: they seem to have 3 rather than 4 red dice, which is new for a Torpedo.

I'm super excited, especially for new content and SPINNY B-WING!, but there is a bit of disappointment that I now have to pin my hopes on future faction squad packs for any expansion of the woefully thin A-wing, B-wing, and TIE Interceptor rosters.

4 minutes ago, papy72 said:

The plastic range ruler/movement tool pack does not impress me at all.  The acrylics you can buy from third parties look so much nicer.

Too bulky and noisy looking. Against the typical art design so far compared to what we've seen for 2.0, which has been more sleek minimalism.