SpiderMana

Wave 4 Announcement

24 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

I suspect the Rebels will likely get a repainted B-Wing with the prototype paint scheme, and two phoenix squadron scheme A-Wings with pilots from Rebels being added for the most part.

So like the Wave 0 Saw's Partisans pack in a way?

21 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

So like the Wave 0 Saw's Partisans pack in a way?

Likely. And that would be a bit confusing but with them having missed K2-SO a number of times and the droid being popular I suspect they will add him at somepoint, likely with Chirruit too added as a crew or gunner. If they were to do that they'd likely go with a Blue Squadron look since they could add the other named U-Wing pilot at the same time and well the only other ship we generally see associated with Blue Squadron at the moment is the T-65. Because of that I doubt that pack would be a priority to be released anytime soon. 

So long as a number of the options are viable I don't see a problem with the mainline ship of each faction having tons of pilots, Rebel: T-65, Imperial: Tie Fighter, Resistance: T-70, FO: TIE/fo, Republic: Delta-7, CIS: Vulture Droid. 

1 hour ago, Animewarsdude said:

likely with Chirruit too added as a crew or gunner

Ooo.

I was sad he was reduced to EPT art in the first game, but it made sense because he never did anything in a spaceship, particularly. With the new force mechanic, though, I could see him being interesting.  Even if all he provided it was a Force charge, and a no special ability? I don’t know.

Edit: or have a force that can change blanks but not eyeballs or something? Idk clearly he was fluent with the force in his own way,  but something to show that he isn’t a full-fledged Jedi, I guess.

Edited by SpiderMana

1 hour ago, Animewarsdude said:

likely with Chirruit too added as a crew or gunner

10 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Ooo.

I was sad he was reduced to EPT art in the first game, but it made sense because he never did anything in a spaceship, particularly. With the new force mechanic, though, I could see him being interesting.  Even if all he provided it was a Force charge, and a no special ability? I don’t know.

Edit: or have a force that can change blanks but not eyeballs or something? Idk clearly he was fluent with the force in his own way,  but something to show that he isn’t a full-fledged Jedi, I guess.

Who? Tried to Wiki them and got nothing.

2 minutes ago, RebelProfundity said:

They added an I to his name. Chirrut. Blnd Monk archetype from Rogue One. 

"I am one with the Force. The Force is with me." 

Grr. Didn't pop up still so went around via the Rogue One entry. Some **** monkey with the Wiki set the search up to require his full **** name including the special "I" to pull up any results involving him what so ever. They can go roast in **** for their arrogance.

I think a good solution to the cross factions upgrades, no new pilots for re-released 1.0 ships and also some more options value for everyone would be a yearly? "Empire/Rebels/Resistance/First Order/Republic/Separatists Essentials" pack with all the generic upgrades released cross faction, also adding a couple new pilots (or even same pilots with different abilities) for some already re-released ships (where necessary) and call it a day...! 🤔

On 2/8/2019 at 5:49 PM, JJH_BATMAN said:

No one is going to fly Anakin (N1) unless he ha a great ability because he can't take Juke.

Anaways, Anakin's ability should be,'At the start of the engagement phase, you may spend one Force token and say "I'll try spinning, that's a good trick" to preform a barrel roll action. After you preform a barrel roll, you may preform a barrel roll.'

Yes, and Yes

18 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

He was TOTALLY force sensitive. But he was not a JEDI.

In term of the RPG, he had FR 1 and most of the sense tree.

And in the Dawn of the Rebellion source book,they have his art on the Force Adherent Universal Talent page.

Edited by T70 Driver

I wanted to add here, after looking back at the resistance transport mini and thinking again about whether or not it will actually come apart into two pieces.

You can't make out a peg nub below the transport so I thought this meant it couldn't possibly separate. 

However, it could be that the design uses the peg nub for connecting to the transport module. It does seem like there's just a bit of space in between them in the larger picture.

I still think it's odd to have such a small ship on a peg but I guess it's not that much smaller than some of the other's we've seen or will be seeing soon.

1 hour ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

I wanted to add here, after looking back at the resistance transport mini and thinking again about whether or not it will actually come apart into two pieces.

You can't make out a peg nub below the transport so I thought this meant it couldn't possibly separate. 

However, it could be that the design uses the peg nub for connecting to the transport module. It does seem like there's just a bit of space in between them in the larger picture.

I still think it's odd to have such a small ship on a peg but I guess it's not that much smaller than some of the other's we've seen or will be seeing soon.

Ooo that would be unique and ideal, I think.

4 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Another possibility is that the peg for the pod shuttpe is behind the model, like the B-wing.

On 2/9/2019 at 9:28 PM, kris40k said:

Barring his superhuman ability to fight multiple opponents at the same time while blind, he literally sensed Jyn's kyber crystal pendant from across the street.

He was force sensitive.

I don't think he is Force Sensitive in the usual sense of the term. Force sensitivity usually also brings other abilities such as telekinesis to the table, which we don't really see from him. He's not manipulating the force as we have seen from other Force users, even beyond Jedi and Sith. This leads me to believe he is what I've come to call "Force Attuned".

Every fantastically thing he does is based on the Sence feat (call back for some SW rpg fans). We know that while only a few are born with a strong connection to the Force, all life is still connected to it. Taking cues from eastern philosophy and religions, it could be that through his training, devotion, and perhaps even the loss of his sight led Chirrut to a deeper connection to the Force, allowing him to feel its ebb and flow around him while not having the ability to manipulate it as say a Jedi. And not just sensing a crystal or the life of another near him, but perhaps even directions that fulfill a greater design in the Force (his shooting the TIE that crashed into a turret being a prime example). 

If Chirrut is "Force Attuned" rather than Force Sensitive, I could see him not having a Force token, but having a Force like effect.

Now, this is me just spit-balling a theory. I don't think there is clear evidence to say this is right, but I also can't really find anything to discredit it. There is a canon case of a species (the Chiss) who's only manifestation of the Force is precognition, so such "blocks" in using the Force for Force Sensitive individuals might be the answer, but that could be a Chiss only problem. There is also the possibility that it is due to training and philosophy of the Guardians of the Whills that he doesn't manipulate the Force, but that's also more a theory than based on something concrete. I suggest the Force Attunment theory because I think it makes sense with what we saw Chirrut do, it seems to be in line with the eastern basis of the Force, and I think adds something new to the Force we haven't had yet.