Jump to content
SpiderMana

Wave 4 Announcement

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Dang, I think we’ll definitely see plenty of builds around that. Two Aethersprites and the pair of bodyguards assisting them seems like it should fit?

Really don’t need that purple evade if this is the case 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

I think this is likely just so you can have a 3 and a 1 at the same time.

There is only one base piece.  The extensions can’t easily be used without it as they have the connector slot which locks the pieces together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:


I guess you dudes could really do with the Interceptor in the meta right now huh?

Ummm… YES!

Also though inarguably the Lambda is the more iconic ship, and should have been out first, I don’t have a Deci. If I do decide to get one (I won’t) it’ll be second Ed though. Nice they did throw in the crew. 

Which is encouraging for Barrage Rockets and for Moldy Crow fans out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

"you’ll also find a range ruler base and four range ruler segments that can be used individually or combined to make your measurements quick and precise."

5 total sections. :) 

Oh.

I read that as "you get a ruler in base four."

Me:  Oh, good, you're in Range 10 of my corvette."

You:  "Don't you mean Range 5?"

Me:  "No, Range 10.  My new FFG ruler is scaled in Base 4."

(😍)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

I am in the same boat, only I am more on the “this isn’t good” rather than cautiously optimistic.

Cautiously optimistic probably wasn't quite the right phrase, but then I'll admit it's a bit different for me anyway. I'm still playing super casually, and collecting from every faction (although that will be slowing down drastically), so it hasn't hit me as hard as some.

It's a strange situation to be in. If FFG had put new cards in all of the reprints, that would have been just as controversial. Some people already had too many ships for one Conversion Kit and decided to buy another. If they had included new cards in the reprints, that would have been especially devastating to those players, but it would have hit anyone who bought a Conversion Kit (or just anyone who already had all of the First Edition models of a ship they wanted).

That doesn't make this fun, though. Even if they do eventually make these other upgrades available in the other factions, the wait alone has certainly caused some to buy things they otherwise wouldn't have. That might sound good for FFG, but it does gamble with good will.

I guess the reason I said I was optimistic was because if they kept one promise, I feel it's more likely that they'll keep the other. It might be that they're waiting on things to become relevant for Hyperspace (though I don't pay attention so maybe they already have). While they have been showing support for Extended, they may consider the immediate upgrade availability most important for Hyperspace. Of course, I usually end up being wrong about these things, so I really don't blame the concerns even if it sounds like I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the New Republic and Resistance will be my main factions moving forward. Love that the N-1 Naboo Starfighter and Resistance Transport are coming. Very pleased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ghw83 said:

I am confused about the silencer, and how they can come out with a smaller based ship that will be that much easier to fly.  What am i supposed to do with my larger 1.0 silencer that was converted using the conversion kit?

 

Umm, not buy the new Silencer and keep using the one(s) you already have? That's what I'm planning to do initially until I can put 1.0 and 2.0 Silencers side by side and compare them. The only problem I've had with the 1.0 Silencer is how far forward the nose is off the base and that's fixable by adding/subtracting a peg or removing the model from the base when its close to other ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, T70 Driver said:

Umm, not buy the new Silencer and keep using the one(s) you already have? That's what I'm planning to do initially until I can put 1.0 and 2.0 Silencers side by side and compare them. The only problem I've had with the 1.0 Silencer is how far forward the nose is off the base and that's fixable by adding/subtracting a peg or removing the model from the base when its close to other ships.

It’s like how when I’m flying multiple strikers I put each on a different peg level. How ARC’s are always 3+ high, and the Reaper at least 2, as are the U-wings.

i actually do tend to fly my ships at different heights in general principle. Less need to remove ship models when I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ghw83 said:

I am confused about the silencer, and how they can come out with a smaller based ship that will be that much easier to fly.  What am i supposed to do with my larger 1.0 silencer that was converted using the conversion kit?

 

Continue flying it with a Ben Swolo alt-art Kylo Ren pilot card.

Edited by kris40k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep looking at that Resistance transport, and keep being surprised at how much I actually like the sculpt.  I sincerely hope that the cockpit pod is in fact fully detachable, as is implied by the extra dial and base cardboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kleeg005 said:

I keep looking at that Resistance transport, and keep being surprised at how much I actually like the sculpt.  I sincerely hope that the cockpit pod is in fact fully detachable, as is implied by the extra dial and base cardboard.

And the article itself, and the separate pilot cards pn the right hand side of the pilot spread with the Cockpit Pods stats and action bar showing... 🤨 Not sure why hope is needed, it is pretty dang clear. 😁

"The Resistance transport is a custom-built shuttle, used by the Resistance as a troop carrier and gunship. What's more, its modular design means the vessel's cockpit pod can be flown independently on missions that don’t require heavy weaponry or transport capacity.

With the Resistance Transport Expansion Pack, you can add this versatile ship to your squadrons in one of two forms. As a transport, the ship is perfect for carrying high-ranking Resistance officers into battle to support their more nimble fighters. The Transport Pod, on the other hand, may lack the space for more than one crew member or additional weaponry, but makes up for it with additional agility and a lower cost."

swz45_spread.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kleeg005 said:

I keep looking at that Resistance transport, and keep being surprised at how much I actually like the sculpt.  I sincerely hope that the cockpit pod is in fact fully detachable, as is implied by the extra dial and base cardboard.

I think it should be, otherwise there be a lot of confusion at times when remembering if it is the transport or the pod on the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Porkchop Express said:

That'd what I am thinking. They said they would do card packs, so I could see Rebel, Imperial and Scum packs similar to the Clone Wars boxes, but potentially without ships. Alternatively, they could come as part of a campaign box.

Or with ships, but repaints.

3 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Yeah, I used to be one of the “oh grow up guys they’re trying”..... but no, they really aren’t.

I mean, I like that the new models of old ships don’t have any new content because then I don’t need to rebuy models. But I’m not thrilled with the idea that cross faction upgrades are turning up in only the new ships and there’s no way to backport them.

Yeah, my fervor is slipping, too, but I still hold on to the notion that, with 0-0-0 and BT-1 already showing up in Imperial, at least it looks like they are being somewhat quick with releasing cross-faction upgrades, even if not same wave.

3 hours ago, Odanan said:

Ah, resized TIE Silencer! (much smaller now)

Dang, I might buy one just for building a TIE Avenger (TIE Silencer's wings + TIE Advanced body).

Ugh!  TIE Avengers panels are WAY better than a Silencer's!

2 hours ago, Jokubas said:

As for new content in the reprints, I'm cautiously optimistic. Having the Conversion Kits cover the reprints is really nice... but will fall flat if they don't ever offer any other product. I expected that we would see the speculated card-only packs by now, but I don't think they're impossible just because we haven't yet. If they never turn up though, this will end up being super awkward (and in the meantime, the wait really sucks for those it affects).

Barring the Conversion Kits, have we actually yet seen any ships release with cross-faction upgrades that another, legal faction couldn't get?

2 hours ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Cross about the repackaged stuff. Would like to get soe new B-wing pilots and cards for example...but then people would get mad and complain that the expansion has cards not in the conversion kit.

Yeah, this is why I was actually rather surprised they made Conversion Kits at all.  If they put new stuff in the new releases, people go, "What was the point of buying a Kit?!" but if they don't, people go, "My faction is stagnating!"

1 hour ago, kris40k said:

Yeah, both are from SWG. The Decimator is also the sole reason why I am playing this game. The Deci was the top-of-the-line ship for Imperial pilots. For an Imperial officer, getting one was like having a Firespray if you were a bounty hunter, or a smuggler getting behind the controls of a YT-1300. When I saw it on the shelf I had to have it.

YT-1300 was top-of-the-line?  O_o

Maybe it's just from growing up on X-Wing Alliance and the Star Wars CCG, but the 1300 always seemed a basic, utilitarian model.  Now a YT-2000, on the other hand...

1 hour ago, millertime059 said:

It’s like how when I’m flying multiple strikers I put each on a different peg level. How ARC’s are always 3+ high, and the Reaper at least 2, as are the U-wings.

i actually do tend to fly my ships at different heights in general principle. Less need to remove ship models when I do.

Not to mention, they look much more dynamic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

YT-1300 was top-of-the-line?  O_o

The "line" being referred to was the progression line in game. The YT-1300 and VT-47 Decimator were some of the few multi person ships available and a pain in the *** to get ahold of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

The "line" being referred to was the progression line in game. The YT-1300 and VT-47 Decimator were some of the few multi person ships available and a pain in the *** to get ahold of.

Yeah, I figured.  It just seems odd making a YT-1300 the end-game goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

🤨 Not sure why hope is needed, it is pretty dang clear. 😁

"The Resistance transport is a custom-built shuttle, used by the Resistance as a troop carrier and gunship. What's more, its modular design means the vessel's cockpit pod can be flown independently on missions that don’t require heavy weaponry or transport capacity.

With the Resistance Transport Expansion Pack, you can add this versatile ship to your squadrons in one of two forms. As a transport, the ship is perfect for carrying high-ranking Resistance officers into battle to support their more nimble fighters. The Transport Pod, on the other hand, may lack the space for more than one crew member or additional weaponry, but makes up for it with additional agility and a lower cost."

Hope is needed because it is not explicit, merely implicit.  And I can't quite be certain from the pictures that there is a peg on the base of that cockpit pod.  It *should* be easy.  It *should* be simple.  But if there is anything that recent politics has taught me, it is that I must not count on *should*, ha ha.  Either way, i am looking forward to it.  Quite unaccountably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Yeah, I figured.  It just seems odd making a YT-1300 the end-game goal.

/shrug. I think it was more surprising that they didn't put the "own your own Millennium Falcon" in the Rebellion line. It was in the unaligned tree (along with Black Sun and "Hutt" ships).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Sweet! I have been hoping the Republic gets the N1. In casual games I might try to see if I can play the N1 and Scurrg together to reenact Starfighter missions or the Aethersprite and Scurrg for Jedi Starfighter. God I hope Gavyn Sykes and Rhys Dallows are pilots, I doubt it cause none of the names seem to match or fit but I can hope.

The Resistance transport doesn't suprise me really, question is if it can physially detach the pod part. Though I admit I would have thought the full package would be medium base. Resistance still has the Fireball and T-85 in reserve for releases.

Cross about the repackaged stuff. Would like to get soe new B-wing pilots and cards for example...but then people would get mad and complain that the expansion has cards not in the conversion kit.

Maybe we could get like a card and base pack in the future with new upgrades and pilots?

I can't read the fourth name, but three of the four pilots are definitely [5] Ric Olie, [4] Anakin Skywalker, and [4] Padme Amidala

EDIT - [3] Dinee Ellberger

Edited by Maui.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

/shrug. I think it was more surprising that they didn't put the "own your own Millennium Falcon" in the Rebellion line. It was in the unaligned tree (along with Black Sun and "Hutt" ships).

What was the Rebellion's option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, millertime059 said:

Y’all already have more ships than anyone, and already got a brand new ship not in first edition! Three in fact!

Hush you 😝

 Actually, looking at Hyperspace, people can stop complaining about Scum having more ships (5) than the rest. Cause now Resistance has (6)(T70, Rz2, Bomber, Yt13, Transport, Transport Pod).

 

Otherwise, absolutely NOT looking forward to

-even more device forward launching

-more Juke abuse. A third platform with stinking free juke evades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Resistance Transport has four actions. Three of them are red, on a dial with only four blues. No turnarounds, but it does have a stop and a couple reverses. Interesting.

Meanwhile, it looks like the N-1 Starfighter will have a Sensor slot. Fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×