SpiderMana

Wave 4 Announcement

"The A/SF-01 B-Wing Expansion Pack contains everything you need to add one of these powerful fighters to your Rebel squadrons, including a fully re-sculpted A/SF-01 B-wing ship miniature—now featuring folding wings, a spinning cockpit, and a body that can rotate on the peg. "

Also, the Resistance shuttle has two dials... so the cockpit can separate from the cargo pod.

And wow... they're really making it impossible to read the cards in the images. Very low resolution pics.

Edited by J1mBob

-Initiative 4 young Anakin, ability looks different. Can't see how many force charges but I'd guess only two, maybe one.

-N1 looks reaaaally solid. White boost and barrel roll actions, blue 2-3 banks and straight, white 1-speed banks and straight. Sensor slot, looks like? Maybe a new Sensor card too.

-Hyena has a new bomb token, I see Barrage rockets (Wait...Calculate?) and TrajSim, and they have their own unique struts config looks like.

-Resistance Transport has two modes, but it doesn't appear the model changes at all between the two?

-Nothing new for the Rebel Falcon, looks like?

-No new B-Wing pilots but THAT MODEL ❤️

-Nothing else new at a quick glance, I don't play those factions much though.

2 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

-Initiative 4 young Anakin, ability looks different. Can't see how many force charges but I'd guess only two, maybe one.

-N1 looks reaaaally solid. White boost and barrel roll actions, blue 2-3 banks and straight, white 1-speed banks and straight. Sensor slot, looks like? Maybe a new Sensor card too.

-Hyena has a new bomb token, I see Barrage rockets (Wait...Calculate?) and TrajSim, and they have their own unique struts config looks like.

-Resistance Transport has two modes, but it doesn't appear the model changes at all between the two?

-Nothing new for the Rebel Falcon, looks like?

-No new B-Wing pilots but THAT MODEL ❤️

-Nothing else new at a quick glance, I don't play those factions much though.

Falcon has blue engine now like the new one.

New Cannon in the Resistance Transport appears to have B-Wing art, but it doesn't come with the B-Wing 😐 

Resistance Leia ❤️
 Plus Holdo and Carrie Fisher's daughter.

You can read the new Sensor card in the Hyena spread, same one as the N1 pack has--Passive Sensors I believe.

Edit: Oh, Young Ani probably only has 1 force, there's only one token for him.

Edited by SpiderMana

I'm really sad that we're not getting any new content for the re-released ships. 

I know a lot of people called it correctly based off the Z-95 and TIE Striker, but after the Y-Wing and TIE Advanced went to four named pilots I still felt sure the main, movie ships would follow the standard pattern of four named, two generic and that they simply hadn't developed all of them by the time the conversion kits were released. 

Now we know that's not the case...

But still, the model changes to the B-Wing look amazing. I actually kind of hate that I'm going to want at least two, even though there will be zero new content there. No new double cannon, no alternate configuration with crew slot, no Rebels style composite weapon. 

I was so, so sure that Gina Moonsong and Hera were certs as extra pilots.... Dammit FFG!

N-1 looks very nice, but it's yet another small base, 2 attack dice ship for the Republic. And though it looks more capable than the V-19 thanks to the dial and reposition actions, I felt sure Republic would be getting something in another role before the N-1. A support ship or a bomber. I know "points and slots", but at the moment this kinda just feels like a better V-19. 

Full Throttle is an interesting choice on them, though. It's kinda themey and I think I like it. 

Resistance Transport Pod. Lol, k.

I know people have predicted it, I know it's one of the only other ship designs in the ST and I know Resistance need their own support ships now that they're a distinct faction but still... blergh.

Decimator's a really weird choice over the Lambda, IMO. It's nice for the Empire to get a means to buy 0-0-0 and BT-1 in faction, I guess. But it's on such a crap chassis. And again, no interesting new upgrades. Surely the Lambda would have made more sense from a sales perspective? And does this mean that the Lambda won't come with Darth Vader crew now? Or will they do what first edition never did and put unique named upgrades in multiple expansions? Either option seems kinda strange to me. 

Hyena looks like the most interesting by far. Loads of new cards in there. 

That one with the ARC launching torpedoes in the art... is that the return of Seismic Torpedoes? If so, I like. 

New Sensor card called Passive Sensors?

1 minute ago, thespaceinvader said:

I mean, it's basically the only Resistance ship that's not been printed yet so...

I'll give you that, but show me the "Resistance Transport is coming" forum!  There's a lot of freighter-type ships that are never going to get made.  I just figured this would get lumped into that pile.  I like the weird ships with strange functionality, so I'm actually on board for this one.  Resistance is also one of my favorite factions, so a nice surprise.

There is going to be some sad B-wing pilots, and people hoping for new cannon upgrades. This B-wing expansion contains nothing new at all.

The other pure reprints are much less surprising and not nearly as big of a deal since they felt fairly complete (either because they had a full stock of pilots for the Silencer and SF or because they were larger base ships that never had very many pilots known for them anyways).

It does seem FFG hasn't yet figured out (or want to show) how they plan to honor their promise about making new pilots available for existing ships without having to buy the ship again.

Edited by GeneralVryth

3 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

New Cannon in the Resistance Transport appears to have B-Wing art, but it doesn't come with the B-Wing 😐

That looks like Autoblasters. 

I'm pretty sure it's the same as the 1e art, right? And the name certainly looks like it could fit.

If they're bringing Autoblasters back, not putting them in the B-Wing with its double cannon slot so we can finally have the standard B-Wing loadout of lasers, ion cannon and autoblasters is a real kick in the teeth.

Any hope that these spreads aren't complete and that they're holding something back for later?

2 minutes ago, dadocollin said:

I'll give you that, but show me the "Resistance Transport is coming" forum!  There's a lot of freighter-type ships that are never going to get made.  I just figured this would get lumped into that pile.  I like the weird ships with strange functionality, so I'm actually on board for this one.  Resistance is also one of my favorite factions, so a nice surprise.

I'm not saying many people CARE, I'm just saying that most people I've talked to have kinda taken it as read that it's coming.

It was also basically the only place that a Resistance Leia crew could come out, and that seemed lik an absolute gimme.

3 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Resistance Transport has a new cannon. B-Wing art and all 🙃

I just saw that. That's actually even worse, if there is a new cannon the B-wing is going to want to take being released in the same wave as the B-wing reprint and it doesn't include it you are going to have a lot of pissed off Rebel players. It's one thing if there isn't a place for a logical reprint, but this clearly isn't that.

Edited by GeneralVryth