Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

This is Our Year

I've played a couple of games of Armada in the last few weeks after a bit of a hiatus. The first was the Friday before FFG Regionals, and it was really encouraging to see 3 other Armada games going on at the FF Game Center, plus folks in from out of town watching. Clearly people were getting geared up for the next day (I couldn't go, myself). It was also nice to see Ian (from OP) getting a game in that night, too.

Tonight I'm hoping to get a 2 vs. 2 800-pt Sector Fleet action on the board at the Game Center. Team "Angry Triangle" vs. Team "Fishy Blob"! Go Blobs!

2 hours ago, Cubanboy said:

Happy Friday,

As we hit the weekend and Feb it could not be more exciting. We have an SSD just about here, new rules and With any hope new ships and no waves.

Be encouraged Armada in 2019 is going to be outstanding !

Having FFG give us an article is a good sign.  SSD coming 'soon' is a good sign.

However an announcement for a large wave of X-wing is troublesome.  2 medium ships, 6 small ships, and new tools is not going to help Armada supplies.  Legion is still pumping out expansions like crazy.  They have 2 vehicles, 2 unit packs, and 4 commanders on the way (keep in mind that they are already up to 30 expansions compared to Armada's 25).  FFG has a lot of new product in production which will no doubt hamper their ability to produce much for Armada.

I'm hopeful, but I'm not holding my breath.

36 minutes ago, kmanweiss said:

Having FFG give us an article is a good sign.  SSD coming 'soon' is a good sign.

However an announcement for a large wave of X-wing is troublesome.  2 medium ships, 6 small ships, and new tools is not going to help Armada supplies.  Legion is still pumping out expansions like crazy.  They have 2 vehicles, 2 unit packs, and 4 commanders on the way (keep in mind that they are already up to 30 expansions compared to Armada's 25).  FFG has a lot of new product in production which will no doubt hamper their ability to produce much for Armada.

I'm hopeful, but I'm not holding my breath.

I would say that while this is the case, the SSD is soaking up at least enough production to produce a single Armada wave, so once that is freed up we should get something, but like you I wont hold my breath, but I do think there is cause to be optimistic.

On 2/8/2019 at 4:31 PM, Cubanboy said:

Happy Friday,

As we hit the weekend and Feb it could not be more exciting. We have an SSD just about here, new rules and With any hope new ships and no waves.

Be encouraged Armada in 2019 is going to be outstanding !

I really don't want to be the party pooper, but "our year" seems to me to be quite an exaggeration. In comparison to other Armada years I am not sure whether we get even close to 2016 (wave three/four, five, Corellian Confilct, Take the Station scenario; that is a total of 9 expansions, and even in time before Christmas). And in comparison to other games? Well, we simply should not compete with X-wing. 

However, it will be better than 2018, where we only got a delayed 2017 wave and were deceived twice. But you are right, even if it won't be our year, we have good reason to be excited about what there is to come! 😊