Sign in to follow this  
GrumpyBatman

Android Novella questions

Anyone know if the previous Android novellas included Genesys info like the new one (as advertised) does?  I'm not even sure what the material in the new one actually is/covers, but I'm intrigued.  I know the previous ones had an insert from the advertisements that included extra info but none of them mentioned Genesys specifically like the newest one does.  Anyone got the 411 on this?

Note: I'm not a huge cyberpunk fan, so I've only dabbled in the Android universe.  I thought the board game was very intriguing and enjoyed playing it despite its issues, but with the SotB book out now I want to give Android a real chance.

The main Android board game is pretty old at this point and, honestly, is a bit of a weird one. It is enjoyable but it can be hard to get one's brain around the intention of the mechanics. The other games set in the universe are much better, or, at least, more straight forward. You should be able to still get copies of Infiltration, Mainframe, and New Angeles.

The previous novellas all came out way before there was any setting book written, so they would be hard pressed to include any mechanical data for the RPG.

If you wish to read even more about the setting the Worlds of Android book is still available from many places though I think it is out of print and there is no PDF available.

4 minutes ago, drainsmith said:

If you wish to read even more about the setting the Worlds of Android book is still available from many places though I think it is out of print and there is no PDF available.

Amazon has a fresh batch of them as of last week. I had to get a replacement for my first one they sent because the corners and spine were all bashed in (really poor quality bubble-wrap packaging), but the replacement arrived the next day.

Thanks for the comments!  I did purchase The Worlds of Android a few months back and just started perusing it this week. Man, those newspaper like articles are a bear to read with old eyes... and they go on and on.  LOL!  It's got me wondering if it's just too deep in minutiae and perhaps I will learn all I need to know for the RPG stuff from the SotB book once I get it.  The Terrinoth book had way too much background in my opinion (the authors just dragged it on forever).  I would have gladly traded some of those pages for something more akin to an adventure or a fleshed out obstacle for PCs.  I'm hoping the material in the novella is like that... something I can immediately use in an RPG. I'm most excited to discover what new mechanics are covered in SotB.  :D

1 hour ago, GrumpyBatman said:

Thanks for the comments!  I did purchase The Worlds of Android a few months back and just started perusing it this week. Man, those newspaper like articles are a bear to read with old eyes... and they go on and on.  LOL!  It's got me wondering if it's just too deep in minutiae and perhaps I will learn all I need to know for the RPG stuff from the SotB book once I get it.  The Terrinoth book had way too much background in my opinion (the authors just dragged it on forever).  I would have gladly traded some of those pages for something more akin to an adventure or a fleshed out obstacle for PCs.  I'm hoping the material in the novella is like that... something I can immediately use in an RPG. I'm most excited to discover what new mechanics are covered in SotB.  :D

Yeah, WoA is hard to just sit down and read. SotB is far easier and more pleasant.

1 hour ago, GrumpyBatman said:

While I am actually enjoying WoA, I think it is probably most useful if you just look at sections as they become relevant to the game.

4 hours ago, GrumpyBatman said:

Man, those newspaper like articles are a bear to read with old eyes... and they go on and on.

No kidding!  I had to switch to the reading glasses and bust out the magnifier!  🔍