Sign in to follow this  
1977Valarian

Admirals must be point adjusted in large point games (admiral cost) / 400 x (new number)

15 minutes ago, 1977Valarian said:

My first job was working at Pizza Hit four years ago and they put me on dish duty. My friend was on dishes for four months. I was on it one day. They moved me to sauces. I was there a few weeks along with toppers and made head of the line. For some reason I wasn’t particularly good at head so they made me cutter. Cutter is considered the best job pre-management. Sure, maybe my rise was due to necessity due to turn around etc. too long ago for me to remember. It is just pizza and dishes after-all.

At what point should this thread by moved to Off-Topic?

1 hour ago, 1977Valarian said:

Revanur: You are right. Why should I care. Point taken. 

I am just recently salty as **** about Destiny lately which I personally dumped a lot of money into and watched it go to dust. While the content overall is better in that scene it appears too late and they still produce so, SO much junk that the bloggers look at the content before release and are right 95% of the time as to the card’s viability. Most of the stuff can’t even be played in a non-competuway it is that bad. I wish they would point adjust the characters.

I don’t play x-wing, but note 2.0 was developed well before releasing Destiny. The online point idea must have been considered and this all the iconic trash characters—particularly the legendaries—could have been saved. Most of us thought it was growing pains and the designers learning, but so much time has passed and the same silly mistake made. The non-experts can see that all they had to do is add redeploy, ambush, lower the cost, take the pay side away, etc. and the crap would not be crap. It doesn’t have to be meta defining, just not heaps of crap. I’ve gotten good enough to also recognize what is crap as well and no longer can have the joy of opening boxes because I know realize that crap was the intent all along. 

Truth is I am much more salty about Destiny than Armada. I just happened to look over to see what was happening on the Armada front—I don’t usually look since I expect nothing. I have lowered my expectations to no longer caring. Ok, ok, not true. I had a momentary lapse of caring, but as Revanur pointed out there really is no need and my frustration is being misdirected. With Armada I just really want more content. Period. I can take care of the rest. 

Since moving out a year ago, I haven’t played Armada much. Maybe one game. Maybe. I am a bit salty that Armada has gotten so little content that playing it at my fathers house instead of a few euro games doesn’t often come to mind. But again, this was more Destiny rage than Armada. Armada cost me nothing, except maybe less time with my father. 

Dude, if you wanna complain about Destiny, the forum is over THERE.

1 hour ago, Alzer said:

Perhaps because Brooks is actually proud of working their way up and proud of the time spent working for the company because they believe in their job and the quality of the work they do?  Perhaps to put a positive note on the fact that people can actually work their way up in FFG because it appreciates its employees' loyalty?

Or perhaps Brooks is just of the belief that being a Warehouse worker doesn't make you less intelligent or less worthy of note than a Developer.

I never said that being a warehouse worker was bad or made them a less intelligent person, I didn't even imply it.  Just said that it wasn't relevant.  Most articles for FFG don't have a bio, and the ones that do, don't read like that of Brooks'.  

For those of us that don't have the advantage of being a play tester, friends at FFG, and an inside track to information, we have to make due with the scraps that we are given.  Oddities stand out.  The bio is odd, period.

It's a news starved community, we are going to rip into anything we get and analyze it completely wrong because, quite frankly, we have nothing better to do.  You obviously do, congrats.

1 hour ago, Alzer said:

As one of the members on the playtest team for this project who worked directly at FFG HQ with Brooks, I can, with a fair measure of confidence, say that they absolutely are not some bargain-barrel cheap employee that they scraped up and threw under the bus.

Also, I think an article about this process and how the rules came to be would be GREAT content we would all love to read.  Obviously you can't share this, but it would be nice if you could pass it to someone with the authority to do so.

Only in a news starved community could I become the Admiral. The “You’re” was a perfect Easter Egg. Hook, line, sinker! But nobody got the egg about the “head.” Disappointing. Sure I was going to get made fun of on that one. 

Of course, now someone will find THIS as further proof that I am The Admiral even though I was having a bit of fun with you all. However, I suspect the real admiral would point out that he would not like being called the admiral, but Admiral Nelson, because he was a fairly smug SOB who would have always made it a point to use his full title. 

I guess I should have broken down on a different subject than say...the cost of Admirals. Is kind of ironic, don’t you think? 

1 hour ago, 1977Valarian said:

playing it at my fathers house ess. 

It would appear my use of a rhetorical acetylene torch was too kind. I'll jump straight to tactical nukes next time.

Go reread my second response. I'm impressed so much is still applicable here.

8 minutes ago, AdmiralYor said:

Also, I think an article about this process and how the rules came to be would be GREAT content we would all love to read.  Obviously you can't share this, but it would be nice if you could pass it to someone with the authority to do so.

Oh, I prod them about new articles on an at-least monthly basis, don't worry, i'll pass the word along.

12 minutes ago, AdmiralYor said:

I never said that being a warehouse worker was bad or made them a less intelligent person, I didn't even imply it.  Just said that it wasn't relevant.  Most articles for FFG don't have a bio, and the ones that do, don't read like that of Brooks'.  

For those of us that don't have the advantage of being a play tester, friends at FFG, and an inside track to information, we have to make due with the scraps that we are given.  Oddities stand out.  The bio is odd, period.

It's a news starved community, we are going to rip into anything we get and analyze it completely wrong because, quite frankly, we have nothing better to do.  You obviously do, congrats.

It was equally odd that you decided to comment on it.  I found your statement on the matter and it's "professional" nature to imply that you found it below a developer.  Perhaps I read it wrong due to the general insane nature of this thread.

1 hour ago, Alzer said:

You can buy me a beer at Regionals next weekend.

You coming down to Chicagoland to play with us? If so, make sure to pre-register. Spots are limited. I'll be the judge/TO but I know a lot of our local guys are going and some others are coming out from a ways away. It'll be fun!
judge-dredd-feature.jpg

Otherwise, as another person who did playtesting for this (hi, @geek19 and I are now part of the secret Big FFG Conspiracy Team, amongst other MYSTERIOUS Chicagolanders), there is no issue with commander costs. Other restrictions are in place to keep things from getting too crazy. Commanders take up less of a percentage of your fleet cost compared to usual, but that's not that big of a deal and gives you more points for plastic to put on the table. Works out fine. It's... fun. Can't we all just have fun?

want_to_belive-1.png

I got this picture right before FFG's UFO abducted me and replaced me with an obedient warehouse guy.

On a side note, Brooks has been great to work with.

Edited by Snipafist

Hey Snapfist, 

your blog is great dude. I use to send people that all the time back when I played a bunch.  I read your recent post a few days ago. 

Thanks for all YOUR efforts: 

I like this one below and if I ever meet a newer player, I will always tell them this is a must read.  

http://cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2017/04/the-basics-of-fleet-building.html

Edited by 1977Valarian

58 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

You coming down to Chicagoland to play with us? If so, make sure to pre-register. Spots are limited. I'll be the judge/TO but I know a lot of our local guys are going and some others are coming out from a ways away. It'll be fun!

Yeah! I'm coming down with Arcwelder and Emperor Cross. Don't worry, we all pre-registered.

Edited by Alzer