manoftomorrow010

On the Hunt - Sabine Wren and Bossk!

8 minutes ago, Shanturin said:

I'd say Bossk has another unit card in the box, to match his alternate arms - one with shorter range and some new grenades :)

I’m thinking the two more likely options are:

1. Command card text that provides the rules/usage. Only challenge with this becomes the part where those are once per game, and this looks like an activate/detonate charge not a grenade weapon. It’s unlikely you get to set it, then on a turn with no card text detonate.

2. That gear card is face down. It’s possible that charges end up being gear  — to date we don’t have a charge that was not tied to a special mini. So it’s possible that gear card has the rules for arming and using.

If the charge is only on the board long enough to measure an area of effect (such as, lob this and all at range X are impacted), I could see that option 1 being more likely. If it works more like the heavy weapon from commandos, option 2.

2 minutes ago, The Cocky Rooster said:

At least 2 more operatives per side still to come.qsvF0S7.jpg

Rebels: Cassian, Hera, Ezra, all obvious choices. Probably Kanan too. Maybe adult Ahsoka....

Imps: IG88, Zuckess, 4LOM... Maybe Kallus and maybe Inquisitors

Also, for all sides... Hondo! (Yeah, i still wish)

1 minute ago, ScummyRebel said:

Rebels: Cassian, Hera, Ezra, all obvious choices. Probably Kanan too. Maybe adult Ahsoka....

soooo many choices

I'd be surprised, with Clone Wars coming, if they included adult Ahsoka instead of Clone Wars Ahsoka. Should could still be an operative though. Interesting to see how they handle all the Jedi with the Clone Wars releases

Eh, I am more inclined to believe that the Phoenix group will be split by roles. Ezra, Kanan, and Hera seem likely for Commanders as well, while Sabine, Zeb, and Chopper strike me as operatives.

That electro (whip?) card looks like it says something about taking an action to choose an enemy unit at a certain range and they gain something...maybe an immobilized token? It looks like it only comes with one immobilized token so that wouldn't be that good to give just one token with a command card so I thought it had to be the electro whip.

I'm very curious all around about the tokens. Sabine has two different tokens in her block, one of her starbird designs and a pile of placed bombs. But it looks like she only has one upgrade card left in the spread (probably Endurance), so are those all also command cards? Exciting previews will be coming.

Also, I should have made my prediction vocally - I was gonna say, "Sabine will just be Rebel Boba, she'll get her special toys and some flying impervious stuff, maybe Gunslinger because two guns" and here she is, Jump, Impervious, Gunslinger. The nimble I wouldn't have called for, but hey, rebel synergy. 

2 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

I'm very curious all around about the tokens. Sabine has two different tokens in her block, one of her starbird designs and a pile of placed bombs. But it looks like she only has one upgrade card left in the spread (probably Endurance), so are those all also command cards? Exciting previews will be coming.

Also, I should have made my prediction vocally - I was gonna say, "Sabine will just be Rebel Boba, she'll get her special toys and some flying impervious stuff, maybe Gunslinger because two guns" and here she is, Jump, Impervious, Gunslinger. The nimble I wouldn't have called for, but hey, rebel synergy. 

She is an explosives expert in the tv show (teenagers being expert in anything is a little silly, but its scifi) In IA she deals a parting blow.  I imagine she'll have some sort of mine/explosive device that will be better than all the others because she's Sabine.

Well if it is a command card I'd hope it'd be pretty good, since she'll only get to pop it once, unlike Commandos and their theoretically unlimited ability to slap proton grenades on everything. Need to solve a problem? use more proton grenades. 

A very nice surpires today. I'm really looking forward to both Sabine and Bossk but Im also a bit conflicted.... I love the customization options hope to see this more often, but this means I need to get multipes of each. 2 Bossk and 4 Sabine is a bit crazy but thats how I see it working out for me 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, miridor said:

A very nice surpires today. I'm really looking forward to both Sabine and Bossk but Im also a bit conflicted.... I love the customization options hope to see this more often, but this means I need to get multipes of each. 2 Bossk and 4 Sabine is a bit crazy but thats how I see it working out for me 🤷‍♂️

that's why there magnets with a little work i will have one set be able to pose multiple ways

2 hours ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

I'd be surprised, with Clone Wars coming, if they included adult Ahsoka instead of Clone Wars Ahsoka. Should could still be an operative though. Interesting to see how they handle all the Jedi with the Clone Wars releases

Agreed. I was just saying it’s possoble. :) 

There’s a ton of good operative choices. Hopefully we see Hondo now that Rebels content has been tapped.

(Or on a more serious note, I’d be down for IG-88).

30 minutes ago, werdnaegni said:

You are a gentleman and a scholar! Well done, and thank you for having the best place to theorycraft in near real time.

3 hours ago, frankelee said:

Looks like FFG is popping the cork on characters then. With Rebels the cartoon, possibly all the bounty hunters (even 4-LOM?!), and then any remaining OT characters who had a speaking line that FFG wants to use, the game could get much more character focused and cinematic. Which is what I thought it would be originally.

Good lord, I hope not.  The fewer named characters the better.