manoftomorrow010

On the Hunt - Sabine Wren and Bossk!

is it just me or is sabine a better version of luke?  shes 150 points with the darksaber upgrade, better defense than luke imo (surges defense and impervious), has nimble and gunslinger....looks like a real powerhouse

and bossk...omg cant wait to paint and play him, the primary weapon is awesome, regenerate gives him some survivabilty with the white defense die no surge, plus enrage ..

really awesome job on these guys FFG cant wait for the full reveal! 

3 minutes ago, Zeph01 said:

is it just me or is sabine a better version of luke?  shes 150 points with the darksaber upgrade, better defense than luke imo (surges defense and impervious), has nimble and gunslinger....looks like a real powerhouse

and bossk...omg cant wait to paint and play him, the primary weapon is awesome, regenerate gives him some survivabilty with the white defense die no surge, plus enrage ..

Also move 3.

But fewer HP and less courage, not a commander. 

3 minutes ago, Zeph01 said:

You forgot the immune: pierce from Darksaber against melee...

4 minutes ago, Zeph01 said:

Luke has command cards, and has better pierce.

That, and immune piece > impervious 

13 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

The artwork on the Endurance card may be a hint at the release of Tauntauns if we follow the usual logic. (which has been borne out in this case with Bossk) 

5 minutes ago, Thevshi said:

Yes, I noted this as well.  The rebel pictured in the artwork does not seem to be Luke or Han either, so, maybe even more of a hint that we could be seeing a Tauntaun rider eventually?

You do realize that there are Hoth Troopers pictured on the Environmental Gear upgrade, which has been out since April 2018...yet still no Hoth Troopers...

4 minutes ago, Zeph01 said:

I don't think Sabine will be better than luke. Defense dice are better, but being immune to pierce is better than impervious. Speed is better, but without charge Luke has better melee range. Darksaber is outright worse than a lightsaber.

6 minutes ago, Zeph01 said:

Anyone else notice Bossk's rifle is Range 2-4?

Just now, NeonWolf said:

Anyone else notice Bossk's rifle is Range 2-4?

yeah it definitely focuses on the "mortar" part of the weapon, than the rifle. They could have basically counted it as a split/two weapons. A sniper rifle maybe with 1 Red/1 White, and then the "mortar" aspect with 3 white + Suppressive. But, it still looks like a solid weapon!

Just now, thepopemobile100 said:

I don't think Sabine will be better than luke. Defense dice are better, but being immune to pierce is better than impervious. Speed is better, but without charge Luke has better melee range. Darksaber is outright worse than a lightsaber.

apples to apples, shes not a commander so theres that, but rebels do have lots of options for cheaper commanders compared to empire.  She does gain immune pierce in melee with the darksaber which helps.  Both of these operatives seems like amazing choices 

1 minute ago, NeonWolf said:

Lol, so you can have a dead tauntaun model and you'll be happy?

Since I don't really "want" a tauntaun unit in the game, sure.  Be an interesting terrain piece for my Hoth/snow planet mat. 

I will probably model sabine with the helmet. I hate painting faces. She will probably sit on my painting table for ages since I really don’t want to get her armour wrong.

1 minute ago, Jabby said:

I will probably model sabine with the helmet. I hate painting faces. She will probably sit on my painting table for ages since I really don’t want to get her armour wrong.

totally agree with this, the eyes are the worst on most sculpts 

38 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

So..  just noticed that the Darksaber is Sabine Wren only.  I guess that rules out a Bo-Katan Kryze expansion. 😥

And yet... the Darksaber is unique. So, it’s possible (at least future proofing) that they could add Bo-Katan, and give her a Darksaber upgrade as well.

1 minute ago, Audio Weasel said:

Chopper as astromech, and Darth Lothcat can sit on the sidelines on a space whale.

Sounds right to me. 

Or just use the model and have Ezra driving the Speeder.