Ryuneke

Inqi Aces

I put this on the table lately and it was a blast to fly.

Darth Vader (65)
Fire-Control System (2)
Afterburners (6)

Soontir Fel (52)
Predator (2)

Lieutenant Sai (47)
Grand Inquisitor (14)
ST-321 (4)

Total: 192

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

The synergy between the Lambda and Vader is pretty powerful:
-Sai's coordinating a Focus to Vader and gets a Focus for herself and maybe a Lock. Vader can use his ability to do barrel roll/T. Now he can fully modded k-turn, etc. With Grand Inq. Sai can perform anothter action during anothers ship activation. In that case Vaders fully modded and Sai's fully modded, even with reinforce.
-Sai often bumps, no problem. Grand Inq lets him do all his tricks with Vader.

This flexibility for Vader is great. It's some kind of SR with a hard hitting shuttle next to him.

Soontir is there to flank and bait...

Looks good.

My only observation - 8 points is not a huge initiative bid - and with your two aces both initiative 6 you can outfly initiative 5 aces even without one (and even a putative higher bid I6 or "Null" can be outplayed using the Grand Inquisitor if you do it right), so I was wondering if spending some of your bid on Hate for Vader might be good.

7 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Looks good.

My only observation - 8 points is not a huge initiative bid - and with your two aces both initiative 6 you can outfly initiative 5 aces even without one (and even a putative higher bid I6 or "Null" can be outplayed using the Grand Inquisitor if you do it right), so I was wondering if spending some of your bid on Hate for Vader might be good.

I kind of agree— at least for now — the age of 15 point bids may be over due to the point changes on all of the hard builds using it. (Redline, Boba, SNR Luke/Darth/Grand Inq)

Also, strangely, it seems that some of the highest bids were for Initiative 5s not 6s.

We’ll have to see on the outcome of the meta bid war, before we say 8 isn’t sufficient. Imo, 8 is pretty solid. But hate is good too. 

Also depends on your area meta, I guess. 

4 minutes ago, JBFancourt said:

Also, strangely, it seems that some of the highest bids were for Initiative 5s not 6s.

I guess that was because it was the I5 pilots who were most able to use and abuse repositioning tricks - Supernatural Reflexes Kylo Ren, for example, or Slave 1 Boba Fett.

Vader may be I6 with Supernatural Reflexes, but strictly speaking in terms of positioning he's not massively scarier than a T-70 with a BB astromech.

Interesting! I may need to put this on the table one of these days. The only issue I can see is if Sai uses the Inquisitor to do a red coordinate, she won't be using her ability. Being able to move your Vader and Soontir before your opponent's Poe or Fenn, then taking a gander at their dial and the rolling/boost accordingly seems very powerful. But I suppose the fully modded kturn/sloop/troll is just as strong in many cases.

51 minutes ago, JBFancourt said:

Also depends on your area meta, I guess.

8pts. is enough. We germans don't play the bid war over here.

41 minutes ago, Okapi said:

The only issue I can see is if Sai uses the Inquisitor to do a red coordinate, she won't be using her ability.

True, but you`'ll get the lock from the title.

Edited by Ryuneke

So I brought this list to a small local tournament. I went 3-0 and won.

This list is so efficient and flexible. None of my opponents were aware of all the things, I was able to do. Here are two examples:

First game was against a fat Han + U-Wing + A-Wing. I knew that he wanted my Vader dead asap. So I put him behind the shuttle, coordinated him a focus and gave him a lock with Vaders ability. Then I let Vader bump into the shuttle, fully modded. I was able to super slow roll, with a fully modded Sai + Vader. When Vader had to turn, I coordinated focus+br so he could pass the shuttle.

Second game against Rexler/Grand Inq/Tie. Rexler wanted to turn in hard to get a shot at Soontir. He flipped his dial, which triggerd Grand Inq. crew. Sai coordinated a focus into Vader, who was then able to perform target lock + barrel roll, which blocked Rexler and gave Sai a lock on him, thanks to her title. Vader k-turned, fully modded. With Soontir turning in, Rexler suffered lots of damage.

The Grand Inq. is one of the most valuable pieces here: One of the problems the Lamda has, is it's dial. Even if you're moving first, you get blocked sometimes, so you lose your action. With the Grand Inq. you'll get your action. So you can coordinate Vader, who can then do all his shenanigans (+lock for Sai). In that case it doesn't matter, if the shuttle bumps. And if you're able to fly a blue maneuver, you can perform another action with Sai. I often ended up with a focus/lock/reinforce.

Edited by Ryuneke

Seems cool. Havent tried grand inquisitor. Should work well with vader or whisper since they are never stressed.  Is Sai really needed?  You either have inquisitor force + lock from title coordinate for shot, or you move and focus and then use inqy for a coordinate + lock. Kagi could keep locks off your aces. Or OGP frees up 4pts, for a 000 crew or krennic or even 7th sister?

Might give a shot someday when I get a game of extended in.

8 hours ago, wurms said:

Seems cool. Havent tried grand inquisitor. Should work well with vader or whisper since they are never stressed.  Is Sai really needed?  You either have inquisitor force + lock from title coordinate for shot, or you move and focus and then use inqy for a coordinate + lock. Kagi could keep locks off your aces. Or OGP frees up 4pts, for a 000 crew or krennic or even 7th sister?

Might give a shot someday when I get a game of extended in.

I think Kagi or an OGP seems legit, too. With Sai I was able to perform a reinforce action + focus/lock, while my opponent had no shot into Vader/Soontir. I'm really enjoying a double modded shuttle because you don't want to be in that arc.

What I want to try asap is Whisper alongside Vader:

Darth Vader (65)
Fire-Control System (2)
Afterburners (6)

“Whisper” (54)
Juke (5)

Captain Kagi (48)
Grand Inquisitor (14)
ST-321 (4)

Total: 198

@Ryuneke

The list is ******* awesome. Its like Vader and Soonts both having Supernatural Reflexes. Just took it to a tourney (Kagi with Vader Soonts). Ended up 2nd overall with ridiculous MOV. My only loss was super close Vader + Miniswarm (who won the tourney with 4-0 record) cuz Soontir rolled 5 green and 4 green dice and got only 1 eyeball. Took two damage and that half points was deciding factor. I lost by 19pts and half soonts is 27.

My MOV was ridiculous 1340-ish after 4 matches.

Captain Kagi (48)
Jamming Beam (0)
Grand Inquisitor (14)
ST-321 (4)

Darth Vader (65)
Afterburners (6)

Soontir Fel (52)
Predator (2)
Total: 191

Will put more details in batrep thread HERE.

Match 1 vs RAC/Soonts/Tomax w. torps

200-33 win. Loss half of Kagi. Went hard for Soonts, got him with a nice inqy coordinated 3 talon vader shot. Didnt have to worry about Brens torps on my aces at all thanks to Kagi. Soonts and Kagi took Bren out, then moved on to RAC.

Match 2 vs Vader Mini Swarm

110-129 loss. Sent Kagi into rocks in middle and jammed him down the swarms throat to break them up and make them fly around him. His vader couldnt lock my aces cuz of Kagi. Kagi plinked shiled off Vader. Half swarm went for block on Soonts but I just flew around them. His vader taloned and my vader also taloned, but got a focus lock and range 1 killed his vader from behind. Then my opponents dice were smoking. Basically, Iden never had to use her ability because my opponent rolled all evades all the time. I loss Kagi, and got half a tie. Soont did blanks and I lost half of soonts, then last round I lost half of vader. So mad about soontir. I flew perfectly in this match, I felt.

Match 3 vs Adv Sensors Elusive Brobots and L337 shuttle.

200-0 win. Inqy was magicial here. I dialed in a 3 bank with Vader, saw Bro B was gonna block vader, so I focused and barrel rolled Vader. Vader flew right passed B's arc then afterburned and locked A at range 1. Then soonts boost into range 1 of A. Drop Bro A to 3 hull left. Next round, Bro A is slooping, and Inqy coordinate vader a focus and lock and he 3 talons and finishes off Bro A. The entire game I only loss 1 shield on Kagi.

Match 4 vs Poe Nein Lulo

200-0 win. Threw Kagi up the middle of board with Soonts on right and Vader on left. They went after Kagi. Vader plinked 2 shield from Lulo. Next round, coordinate a focus to Soonts who sloops and gets a range 1 on Lulo to finish her off. Vader gets range 1 full mod on Nein and takes his shields. Next round, inqy things happen, Nein 1 straights and vader focus locks and 3 talons then after burns into Nein and finishes him off. Kagi clogging up lane and Poe flies over him and Soonts and Vader give chase and eventually catch him.

Notes:

I like Kagi alot. I just dont worry about Poe who can focus lock or Torp carriers etc locking my aces. I can get pretty aggressive with them while Kagi is still on the board. Tomax was not a thought in mind until evil Soontir was dead. I never worried about a torpedo coming in my back. Facing another Vader, and he cant lock my aces was nice too.

Thanks for the list. Its my go to extended list right now. Inquisitor crew is bonkers good.

Edited by wurms

Question - Grand Inquisitor used on Coordinate makes the action red. ST-321 ability specifically triggers off a white coordinate action (as I am reading it?). Therefore, does a Grand Inquisitor initiated coordinate action (red) trigger the ST-321 target lock?

1 hour ago, RollingSwarm said:

Question - Grand Inquisitor used on Coordinate makes the action red. ST-321 ability specifically triggers off a white coordinate action (as I am reading it?). Therefore, does a Grand Inquisitor initiated coordinate action (red) trigger the ST-321 target lock?

It's not a white coordinate action, it's a coordinate action. If they wanted it to trigger specifically from white coordinate, they would state it as such like Gen. Hux:

latest?cb=20181008211010

The text on the cards dont have colors, so if color is not specified, it is just a generic action:

swz30_sidious.png

3 minutes ago, DarthSempai said:

Why not use advanced sensor in place of grand inquisitor if you're worried about being blocked? You lose the potential 2 actions per turn, but it's cheaper!

Because then you get the coordinate at the initiative of the lambda shuttle. Inquisitor gives you coordinate from the enemies highest initiative pilot, on top of getting your normal action when not bumped.

On 2/6/2019 at 4:18 AM, Ryuneke said:

I put this on the table lately and it was a blast to fly.

Darth Vader (65)
Fire-Control System (2)
Afterburners (6)

Soontir Fel (52)
Predator (2)

Lieutenant Sai (47)
Grand Inquisitor (14)
ST-321 (4)

Total: 192

The synergy between the Lambda and Vader is pretty powerful:
-Sai's coordinating a Focus to Vader and gets a Focus for herself and maybe a Lock. Vader can use his ability to do barrel roll/T. Now he can fully modded k-turn, etc. With Grand Inq. Sai can perform anothter action during anothers ship activation. In that case Vaders fully modded and Sai's fully modded, even with reinforce.
-Sai often bumps, no problem. Grand Inq lets him do all his tricks with Vader.

This flexibility for Vader is great. It's some kind of SR with a hard hitting shuttle next to him.

Soontir is there to flank and bait...

If you plan on going to hyperspace consider dropping preaditor on soontir. You want a 10 point bid at the least. I6 is set against I5 ships but I think alot of poe or other Vader will be present. 

Edited by Blademaster72

13 hours ago, Blademaster72 said:

If you plan on going to hyperspace consider dropping preaditor on soontir. You want a 10 point bid at the least. I6 is set against I5 ships but I think alot of poe or other Vader will be present. 

This list is far from being hyperspace legal. Soontir, lambda shuttle, and inqy crew are illegal

Finally got a game night to pur this on the table and I loved it. Flying against a Drea swarm though I usually got the Inquisitor to coordinate which set off Sai's copy-action and ST-target lock, in spite of bumping through the swarm. That got me thinking about trying to get Adv Sensors on the shuttle, but at 10 points I don't think it's worth it. 

Next week I'll try Kagi. I don't know enough about the current meta to decide between Kagi's lock absorbing or Sai's action economy. With focus and lock Sai was a substantial damage dealer and on that matchup my opponent never locked anything, but against ordnance (or Vader & other Aces) I could see really wanting Kagi to absorb TLs...

I've played today a list with Kagi and I really liked it. But I have a quick question about Sai. I do not know exactly how you can get with Sai focus, lock and reinforce. Because if you use Inquisitor to coordinate, that is a red action, so Sai should get a stress token, and even though she potentially could make the same action as a ship she coordinated (due to her ability), she can's because she is already stressed. Or am I getting something wrong?

Edited by Derenga

1 hour ago, dingo with a joint said:

Hey folks, a question for those of you who've put this list on the table a few times: How (if at all) do you mitigate the frequent stress from the Grand Inquisitor's ability on your dial options for the Lambda?

Just do any blue maneuver. Doesnt matter if you bump cuz inquisitor will give you actions after the ship moves.

On 3/9/2019 at 8:28 AM, nitrobenz said:

Next week I'll try Kagi. I don't know enough about the current meta to decide between Kagi's lock absorbing or Sai's action economy. With focus and lock Sai was a substantial damage dealer and on that matchup my opponent never locked anything, but against ordnance (or Vader & other Aces) I could see really wanting Kagi to absorb TLs...

I love Kagi. During a couple matchups, kagi may not matter. He is still ps4 though, higher than any generic ywings to ps kill, and same as countdowns,vermeils etc. Against any vader list Kagi is gold. Any poe list kagi is gold. Wedge, etc. Aka the lists that can give your aces a hard time. Without locks, their attacks are neutered. I think that is worth more than the 0.5 expected hits the focus will give you with Sai - when he isnt bumping.

On 3/9/2019 at 6:18 PM, Derenga said:

I've played today a list with Kagi and I really liked it. But I have a quick question about Sai. I do not know exactly how you can get with Sai focus, lock and reinforce. Because if you use Inquisitor to coordinate, that is a red action, so Sai should get a stress token, and even though she potentially could make the same action as a ship she coordinated (due to her ability), she can's because she is already stressed. Or am I getting something wrong?

As @wurms said, you just need to keep dialing blue maneuvers.

In my game I approached with a slow roll to jam up the enemy formation and once the shuttle was in the thick of it I gave up on the standard action and only used the Inquisitor to coordinate focus and aquire a lock with the title (then the coordinated Ace would link off the focus and perform their own blue maneuver later). After the swarm got past the shuttle I spent the rest of the game with the shuttle using its rear guns as it trundled away with 1-speed maneuvers and taking pot shots at a pursuing Y-wing.