Darth Sanguis

Alert All Commands! New article!

Link to article:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/2/5/alert-all-commands/?fbclid=IwAR1fpbxQhp2a3lC896hitwha4Kgv3WG0-g0B2Kk2sCZSxMiu_SNLcJw4tQA

Link to new rules:

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/13/6b/136b6ec9-562a-45e1-9fb3-8bc4e972c293/swm_sector_fleet_rules_eng.pdf

Short version:

CC final assault, but on a 6x3 table, max 1200 to a side, standard 6 rounds and objectives.

Squads capped at 25%, flots at 3.

Slight tweaks to setup and MoV table at 1000+

Provisions for splitting fleet totals so teams can play vs each other.

enjoy!

Edited by Darth Sanguis

15 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Short version:

CC final assault, but on a 6x3 table, max 1200 to a side, standard 6 rounds and objectives.

So, ignoring the fact that everyone (myself included) is very, very happy to see a new actual article (and a rule expansion at that). How does everyone feel about the article itself? It seems like they're expanding on something a lot of the community was asking for (bigger game size options) so that's good. It's not something I was interested in (cc mass battles always suck to organize) but I am seriously happy to see something and I'm glad it'll make a lot of people in the community happy. 

2 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

So, ignoring the fact that everyone (myself included) is very, very happy to see a new actual article (and a rule expansion at that). How does everyone feel about the article itself? It seems like they're expanding on something a lot of the community was asking for (bigger game size options) so that's good. It's not something I was interested in (cc mass battles always suck to organize) but I am seriously happy to see something and I'm glad it'll make a lot of people in the community happy. 

I'm stoked. I've been house ruling essentially these exact rules for nearly 2 years now for large games. Seeing it become offical is a dream come true. 

4 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Short version:

added to top post

I made bullets of the key items that stood out to me.

2 Player Sector Fleet Games:

• Fleets can have no more than 3 Flotillas
  • Squadrons cannot exceed 1/4th fleet points

4+ Player Sector Fleet Games:

• Sector Fleets must be of the same Faction
  • Squadrons Cannot exceed more than 1/4th fleet points
  • For all player size Sector Fleet Games, the number of points in a fleet is the total points per team divided by number of players. (example: 8p/1200pt per team game = 300pts per player (4p) [ptpp])
  • For 4 player games, individual fleets cannot exceed the 2 Flotilla limit
  • For 6+ player games, individual fleets may only have 1 Flotilla
  • Teams CANNOT have more than 1 copy of a card with a unique name
  • Players are not knocked out if all ships are destroyed, and may continue to play using surviving squadrons. Friendly ships may activate your squadrons with a squadron command.
  • "Friendly" effects, such as Tarkin, only work for the owners fleet.
  • "Enemy" effects of commanders, such as Konstantine, only work against 1 target enemy fleet.

Though, those last two points could be home ruled for thematic purposes if you want give the "individual Grand Admiral without a fleet" idea a try. Things this means: A 1200 pt team has 300 points of squadrons and 4 flotillas.

My opinion:

I am excited. If there is one thing wargamers like, its rules. Its like wargamers are a bunch of admin people really... and home ruling an entire massive battle set is a bit hard to get people into. BUT if the rules exist, then it makes it WAY easier to get people on board. You can slap these rules into the final CC battle as well! which is good, because I've heard that its a bit rough. I think this is the best set-up article for the SSD we'll be seeing before the SSD as well. Because as they said IN the article, they've done this with multiple ISDs under the command of a SSD. Love it. I'm excited, I love big games.

Edited by Ling27
Not to double post.

9 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

OOF. 

They don't want Konstantine to be good even in skirmishes he SHOULD be good in lol

I will say, there is specified rulings stating that in the CC All Out Offensive, Konstantine's effect may work against ANY enemy ship. I just used his name because it was the first one to come to mind that had the word enemy. Because of that ruling, I would allow it to work in Sector Fleet games, because otherwise, yeah. But that's just me.

This also opens up a whole new way to interact with the game, Doubles could become a semi-viable format with a large enough player base.

Edited by Ling27
opinions, avoiding double posting.