drail14me

Any rumors on the re-print of Squadrons 1 packs??

Well, I don't know if it was a reprint or my shop owner inherited a pack but our store got one pack in stock last week. It sold immediately. He wasn't in that day but I intend to see what the deal was this friday. Could be he had a whole big box of 'em back there and just didn't have space.  

27 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

You didn't buy it?  That's basically like finding a 20 on the street.

I felt dirty contributing to the scarcity. Eh, maybe if it's still there next time I'm in. Maybe they've never had a committed Armada player notice it, or maybe they're one of those stores people are saying have started getting a trickle of stock.

6 hours ago, Draconis80 said:

FFG really needs to get their butts in gear!

• Reprint sqaudron I packs. (Should always be in stock. No excuses! )

3 hours ago, Norell said:

We've just received an article. Ease up!

To be fair they have been out of stock way too long. Plus they are unpainted so no excuses

On 2/5/2019 at 8:58 PM, LostFleet said:

There is one listed at Ebay at the moment but almost double the price, I hope stocks come out soon.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Unopened-Star-Wars-Armada-Rebel-Fighter-Squadron-I-Exp-Pack-New-English/173772865964?hash=item2875ab81ac:g:hIkAAOSw-hZcVGUK

edit : link did not copy

Note the 'Rare' in the add title 🤣🤣🤣

Their Twitter answered the same question the other day. Cannot find it (I am not implying it was deleted) for a direct quote but basically it said no set date yet, possible spring restock. 

You would think business wise the most iconic stuff would be kept in stock. Along with the highest selling.🤔

I don't run a business but that just makes the most sense. 

14 hours ago, Norell said:

We've just received an article. Ease up!

Ease up? I would think a company would want to listen to their customers to adjust the business for more profit. They made this area for us to talk. Your acting like they are drug dealers and the post was a quit fix to ease the withdrawal symptoms. Besides your not my mommy, you don't tell me what to do. 🤡😆😜

1 hour ago, Draconis80 said:

You would think business wise the most iconic stuff would be kept in stock. Along with the highest selling.🤔

I don't run a business but that just makes the most sense

Not to mention these are fairly critical building blocks for a fleet.

I mean, if something else iconic - the Imperial Star Destroyer or one of the MC80s, for instance - was out of stock long-term, that would suck but you could work around it. There's plenty of perfectly good fleet builds that don't rely on those particular ships, and there are very similar ships you could make do with in a pinch (MC75 and Chimera). But trying to build a fleet without some of the starfighter staples (TIE Fighters/Interceptors/Advanced, Rhymer, X-Wings, A-wings, Tycho, Wedge) is a pretty tall order. I keep running into this with my own fleets - I was an early adopter of Armada, but I never had anyone to play against until the last few months, so my model collection was modest until then. I managed to buy an Imperial Fighters I pack when the game was still new and those packs were easy to acquire, but I never got the Rebel equivalent and nowadays (with at least one of every other type of ship and expansion), I would kill to have a couple of each, but short of paying $100+ per pack on eBay, it's impossible and it really stymies fleet building. CC gives at least a little relief by letting you fly a limited number of those missing ships, but you have to proxy models (or just run model-less stands) and it's still a less-than-ideal situation.

I just went to my FLGS (Canada) and asked if they'd heard anything about starfighter restocks. They had not and the owner mentioned they were on an automatic "As soon as you get some in stock, please send them to us" list, so it seems like if any are reaching retailers it's only in specific areas.

1 minute ago, LostFleet said:

When they reprint ships or squads, do they revise the cards according to the latest FAQs ?

Last time they didn't, at least for squads, but that reprint came out about the same time as the FAQ, so the change was likely implemented after the printing process began. This will be the first reprinting, I think, with enough time between it and the FAQ for changes to have been around before the printing process began. 

19 hours ago, Draconis80 said:

Ease up? I would think a company would want to listen to their customers to adjust the business for more profit.

Here's the thing, companies only listen to their customers in so far as the resources invested into listening to their customers produces the maximized profit gain projection, because that's what companies want.

FFG folks in charge of these sort of decisions have clearly been revealing their take on the Armada product line.  It's not that they haven't ever stopped and said "OMG WE FORGOT ABOUT ARMADA!" but rather it's that they looked at lots of numbers and said "Hmm, ignoring these aspects of Armada at the moment is the best decision for our profit goals."

So many people on these boards (and I realize this does not apply to you @Draconis80 ) keep acting like if FFG just woke up and realized that some people really like Armada, they'd start making a ton of new products and actively restock the old and everyone would be happy: FFG would make a ton more money than they make in the "ignore Armada" strategy, the game of Armada would explode with new players, and all the current players would be elated... but I really only think that latter point would come true, and I think FFG knows this and thus... Armada stays out of stock, gets minimal new releases, and gets a throwaway article maybe two or three times a year.  I mean, it just seems like this is the only good inference of the evidence and experiences we have available?