Pooleman

Rebel With A Cause: Jyn Erso Article

Can someone please explain to me how Danger Sense actually benefits her?

Seems like a good way to increase the chance of rolling more blanks.

Otherwise I'm loving Jyn, sweet commander.

Edited by lologrelol
Forgot to add last line.

Looking so good, can't wait to play heavy infiltrate lists with Jyn and Pathfinders! Hope they'll still come up with more R1 content to push out before any of that whack "kid wars" shiz. 

8 hours ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

I like Wonder Women better, its less demeaning than 'girl'

Whether you say Women or Girls, I think pointing out the gender of the characters in a list is a bit off from that whole perspective. No one feels the need to call all-male lists some special name. I don't think Sir Cormac meant anything by it. But since I had a daughter this is how I see things.

39 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

How is “girl” demeaning?

Because you're calling an adult a child. Hence I call the female rebel trooper with a heavy weapon "Ion Grrrl", which is something else entirely and a solid 90's reference cause I'm old.

The phrase "girl power" was credited to an old punk band and more widely popularized by The Spice Girls. Both underground punk bands and pop 40 style bands market to high schoolers, who are in fact largely boys and girls, not men and women. Context is everything.

To be firm and literal about it, you're no longer a boy or girl when you turn 18 in most places. Then again, some things are relative, even in my late 30's I'm the youngest guy in a lot of my social circles, by about two decades.  You know you're really old when there's no one left alive who things you're just a young kid.

In American English, if you call someone a boy or girl in the wrong context, that can be reasonably interpreted as a thinly veiled threat of violence.

Edited by TauntaunScout

19 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Give away? I volunteer to be a Seppie! :) 

(all joking aside, probably would go CIS because the paint scheme for Republic would likely be the same as my empire, aside from the heroes... unless that’s a good thing?)

Why?   The clones heavily (and ironically) painted/decorated their armor in unique ways.   The empire was all about conformity.  

While I suspect clones will be similar to the Empire stat wise, there will be a lot of unique paint schemes for them.

13 hours ago, SirCormac said:

I'm calling it now: Jyn-Leia lists shall henceforth be called 'Girl Power'. That is all.

The Jyn-Leia list should be called SFR for Strong Female Rebels.

9 hours ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

I like Wonder Women better, its less demeaning than 'girl'

Wonder Women clashes somewhat with Wonder Twins.

7 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

you could just type JynLeia which has less letters than any of your other psuedonyms and a little less confusing

But where's the fun in that?  

I vote Wonder Women, but mostly because that means that someone will do an alternate sculpt or paint job and replace Jyn with Diana. 

3 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

In American English, if you call someone a boy or girl in the wrong context, that can be reasonably interpreted as a thinly veiled threat of violence.

What?! I’m a 40 year old man. If someone calls me “boy” I in now way think I am being threatended with violence. As an America who speaks American English I respectfully disagree with you. 

Edited by Pooleman

29 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

What?! I’m a 40 year old man. If someone calls me “boy” I in now way think I am being threatended with violence. As an America who speaks American English I respectfully disagree with you. 

Eh, it largely depends on the context. "Boy" is used quite often as an insult in the South, where I come from, especially toward African American men. It was historically quite commonly used by whites to demean African Americans and remind them of their place in society (at the time). It may be a regional insult, I donno where Tauntaun is from (maybe it's an insult on Hoth), but it is definitely a thing in the South.

5 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

Eh, it largely depends on the context. "Boy" is used quite often as an insult in the South, where I come from, especially toward African American men. It was historically quite commonly used by whites to demean African Americans and remind them of their place in society (at the time). It may be a regional insult, I donno where Tauntaun is from (maybe it's an insult on Hoth), but it is definitely a thing in the South.

This is all very off topic but I think we as a society need to stop sweating all this micro aggression stuff. 

Anyway, Jyn Erso!!!!!