Jump to content
Pooleman

Rebel With A Cause: Jyn Erso Article

Recommended Posts

She's literally been the one character I've wanted to play since this game was announced and I was hoping she'd be in it.

Rebellious seems really fun. Trust Goes Both Ways could be nice, especially with her Quick Thinking.

She and the Pathfinders will be interesting to play, since you have to properly balance and manage your Suppression load. I assume Danger Sense applies to any and all steps that would remove a Suppression token, including Rally, end of round, and the Recover action so that reconfiguring your weapon you can keep the Suppression you have if you want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

She's literally been the one character I've wanted to play since this game was announced and I was hoping she'd be in it.

Rebellious seems really fun. Trust Goes Both Ways could be nice, especially with her Quick Thinking.

She and the Pathfinders will be interesting to play, since you have to properly balance and manage your Suppression load. I assume Danger Sense applies to any and all steps that would remove a Suppression token, including Rally, end of round, and the Recover action so that reconfiguring your weapon you can keep the Suppression you have if you want to.

I’m hoping if you “TEAMWORK” her with Chewy then she, Chewy, and Han can all be blessing each other with tokens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

I’m hoping if you “TEAMWORK” her with Chewy then she, Chewy, and Han can all be blessing each other with tokens. 

That would be sick

Just now, KommanderKeldoth said:

Her pistol/rifle reconfig is awesome, and her command cards look good, not broken but all of them useable.

Rebels have wanted a commander that can shoot at range 3.

She has a lot of versatility but I think she'll take a lot of finesse to play well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScummyRebel said:

If I ever bought into Rebels, I think I’d use her as one of my commander options.

Like what I’m seeing. Not broken but decently solid. Probably will take some skill to maximize her potential, which is a plus.

I only run Rebels and I’m pretty excited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

I only run Rebels and I’m pretty excited. 

Oh I would be too if I was a rebel player.

I’ve been toying with the idea of a second faction so I can run a game with just my stuff, but I have been holding out to see the Clone Wars and how they’re distributing it. I traded away my rebel trooper corps units from core set so I literally have just Luke and the AT-RT still.

I wouldn’t buy “all the stuff” for my second faction, just enough for 2-3 list variations. Corps units, SF, maybe some support or a heavy and 1-2 commanders (or for Rebels probably 2-3 - Luke, Leia, Jyn).

If Clone Wars has a high value essentials box (half a core set for that price point), I’m probably just going to breech space-time and Empire vs a prequel. If not, or if they do a big core set like GCW did I may just bite the bullet and build up a Rebel force.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Oh I would be too if I was a rebel player.

I’ve been toying with the idea of a second faction so I can run a game with just my stuff, but I have been holding out to see the Clone Wars and how they’re distributing it. I traded away my rebel trooper corps units from core set so I literally have just Luke and the AT-RT still.

I wouldn’t buy “all the stuff” for my second faction, just enough for 2-3 list variations. Corps units, SF, maybe some support or a heavy and 1-2 commanders (or for Rebels probably 2-3 - Luke, Leia, Jyn).

If Clone Wars has a high value essentials box (half a core set for that price point), I’m probably just going to breech space-time and Empire vs a prequel. If not, or if they do a big core set like GCW did I may just bite the bullet and build up a Rebel force.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I play Imperial but have been thinking of expanding lately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I play Imperial but have been thinking of expanding lately

Same but the opposite for me.  Been playing rebels since launch but just started buying into imperials once the rebel side gotta a little stale for me.   Its tough to invest in both, factor in buying the units, painting etc.

Jyn looks really awesome, the suppression manipulation will be key for sure.  Im hoping they drop the pathfinder article soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I play Imperial but have been thinking of expanding lately

I’m hoping they release a new core set when the new factions come out. I may get the Jedi faction and give the seleratists away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

I’m hoping they release a new core set when the new factions come out. I may get the Jedi faction and give the seleratists away. 

Give away? I volunteer to be a Seppie! :) 

(all joking aside, probably would go CIS because the paint scheme for Republic would likely be the same as my empire, aside from the heroes... unless that’s a good thing?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

I’m hoping if you “TEAMWORK” her with Chewy then she, Chewy, and Han can all be blessing each other with tokens. 

That would likely work, especially since that's almost HALF your points in a standard game in 3 units. Plus, it's only for a single turn so that also minimizes the power.

8 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

If Clone Wars has a high value essentials box (half a core set for that price point), I’m probably just going to breech space-time and Empire vs a prequel. If not, or if they do a big core set like GCW did I may just bite the bullet and build up a Rebel force.

 

You wouldn't even need to bend space-time too much if you build a CIS force, depending on the commander used. There is at least one canon battle between some droid holdouts and the Empire (Rebels). Besides, at least some of the droids should have escaped destruction and been used by criminals and rebels. 

 

Back on topic: I'm most excited about Infiltrate since it gives the Rebel player a way of applying a lot of pressure on turn 1, with a commander to support the Pathfinders. This might make the T-47 and Landspeeder a bit better than initially thought, since they will be able to quickly move up and support the forward units. 

1 minute ago, Thalandar said:

So, on her card, on the very bottom, it says suppressive. Does that mean either of her configurations of ranged weapons are suppressive?

No, her Melee weapon is Suppressive. Suppressive is a weapon keyword, not a unit keyword. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thalandar said:

So, on her card, on the very bottom, it says suppressive. Does that mean either of her configurations of ranged weapons are suppressive?

No only the Tonfa. It's the same as Vader's single weapon. Only one weapon is listed on the main card, so the keywords for that weapon are centered beneath the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Give away? I volunteer to be a Seppie! :) 

(all joking aside, probably would go CIS because the paint scheme for Republic would likely be the same as my empire, aside from the heroes... unless that’s a good thing?)

I’m hoping someone will not want the Jedi half of their core set. Buying 2 core sets and swapping the units you don’t want fjrvthe ones you do is a great value. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Back on topic: I'm most excited about Infiltrate since it gives the Rebel player a way of applying a lot of pressure on turn 1, with a commander to support the Pathfinders. This might make the T-47 and Landspeeder a bit better than initially thought, since they will be able to quickly move up and support the forward units.

The X-34 might also be a "getaway vehicle" for Jyn in Capture the Supplies. Use Infiltrate to deploy next to the center crate, grab it turn one and move the speeder up. Then have Jyn hop in the speeder and head for the hills (or a back corner) with the crate.

Depends on if a unit can carry an objective while embarked on a transport or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Back on topic: I'm most excited about Infiltrate since it gives the Rebel player a way of applying a lot of pressure on turn 1, with a commander to support the Pathfinders. This might make the T-47 and Landspeeder a bit better than initially thought, since they will be able to quickly move up and support the forward units. 

Not a bad idea, I was also pondering with, depending on the deployment options, running AT-RTs as close to the Pathfinders as possible for this same purpose, as a counterattack if the opponent decides to root out the Pathfinders.

I can't check now, but I'm wondering, with the deployment zones set up, how difficult it would be to put the Pathfinders and Jyn in a position that is actually useful, that is still range 3 from enemy units. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, confused here. I didn't think a melee attack could normally cause a suppession token. Is this a game mechanic to allow jyn to cause a suppression token, or did i miss something? Apologies if this has already been addressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thalandar said:

So, confused here. I didn't think a melee attack could normally cause a suppession token. Is this a game mechanic to allow jyn to cause a suppression token, or did i miss something? Apologies if this has already been addressed.

You're correct that melee does not give suppression tokens normally. However, Suppressive is a keyword for certain weapons. Jyn's melee weapon does grant a suppression token due to the Suppressive keyword, and only due to the Suppressive keyword.

Since it is a melee, it would only grant 1 suppression, whereas a ranged weapon with Suppressive would give out 2 (1 for normal range hits, and 1 for Suppressive.)

Edited by manoftomorrow010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Thalandar said:

So, confused here. I didn't think a melee attack could normally cause a suppession token. Is this a game mechanic to allow jyn to cause a suppression token, or did i miss something? Apologies if this has already been addressed.

Correct, hits in melee in general do not cause suppression. However due to the wording of Suppressive "After defending against an attack that includes a weapon with the suppressive keyword, the defender gains one suppression token." the defender against Jyn's melee attack with the tonfa would gain one suppression token instead of zero. 

9 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

The X-34 might also be a "getaway vehicle" for Jyn in Capture the Supplies. Use Infiltrate to deploy next to the center crate, grab it turn one and move the speeder up. Then have Jyn hop in the speeder and head for the hills (or a back corner) with the crate.

Depends on if a unit can carry an objective while embarked on a transport or not.

That is another possibility, but I think deploying Jyn forward alone is asking for her to be shot off the board quickly depending on terrain. 

8 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

Not a bad idea, I was also pondering with, depending on the deployment options, running AT-RTs as close to the Pathfinders as possible for this same purpose, as a counterattack if the opponent decides to root out the Pathfinders.

I can't check now, but I'm wondering, with the deployment zones set up, how difficult it would be to put the Pathfinders and Jyn in a position that is actually useful, that is still range 3 from enemy units. 

Fire chickens could be a very strong follow up, and putting scout on Fleet troopers via Recon gear can also give them a good start to moving up the board. 

Honestly it depends on terrain just as much as the actual deployment. Long march allows you to put Infiltrators on any center objectives and Disarray could also be interesting. I think most of Infiltrate's strength will be deploying to forward cover without having to move in the open for a turn or two.

Edited by Caimheul1313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...