Sign in to follow this  
Ccwebb

“Posable” wings for Fang Fighter?

Just got the 2.0 Fang Fighter; I thought the wings wee posable?  It feels that if I were to keep forcing the rotation they will snap off.  

Suggetions on how to move the wings?

The paint job on the Fang Fighter covers the seam between the main body and the wings (which you can see if you look closely) and prevents the wings from moving. I took an Exacto knife to the seam (though any sturdy, thin blade will do) and cut through the paint all the way around, but especially on the top and the bottom. Once the paint was no longer locking it in place, the wings moved freely.

That being said, the moving wings on the Fang Fighter are kinda... meh. I'm glad I did it once, but I'm not going to bother with freeing the wings on any new Fangs that I pick up.

Some great advice here!  Thank you   

I finally got them to slowly move, steady but soft pressure for several minutes.

Do the winge move independently or are they connected?   

Edited by Ccwebb
Spelling

14 hours ago, Ccwebb said:

Update... no surprise here, I’m an idiot. The wings rotate AROUND the cockpit, NOT angle up and down.  Lol

To be fair, I'd never seen the ship on screen, so when I heard the wings moved, I assumed that's how it would work too. It was only after I got one that I found out it was otherwise.

12 hours ago, Hatemonger said:

To be fair, I'd never seen the ship on screen, so when I heard the wings moved, I assumed that's how it would work too. It was only after I got one that I found out it was otherwise.

You've got to spin to win!

I could not move mine at all! I thought I was going to break it.

So I put a cup of water in the microwave for a minute and a half, put a drop of dishwashing soap on the joint of the fang fighter, and dropped it into the hot water.

5 minutes later I pulled it out and the wings moved easily. As it cooled it got a bit stiff, so I repeated the process and worked the wings a bit for 30 seconds. Now it moves with just enough stiffness to stay in place. PERFECT!