Jump to content
BlastyMcBlasterFace

Double-Tap Vennie

Recommended Posts

I was excited to both see Vennie go down as well as Perceptive Co-Pilot.  I was originally trying to build a Vennie bomber, but have decided to put the emphasis on just double-tapping.  

My big question that will dictate a lot of things is this: C3P0 or Perceptive Co-Pilot?

I've played a little bit with Vennie and she has a way of getting right in the middle of things at range one.  So I'm leaning towards Perceptive Co-Pilot.

 

This is what I'm thinking.  I'm definitely taking these three pilots, but I'm open to suggestions on their upgrades.

 

T-70 X-wing - •Jaycris Tubbs - 52
    •Jaycris Tubbs - Loving Father (50)
        R4 Astromech (2)
        Integrated S-foils (Open) (0)
T-70 X-wing - •Nien Nunb - 64
    •Nien Nunb - Sarcastic Survivor (55)
        R4 Astromech (2)
        •Black One (2)
        Integrated S-foils (Open) (0)
        Pattern Analyzer (5)
MG-100 StarFortress - •Vennie - 81
    •Vennie - Crimson Cutter (62)
        Perceptive Copilot (8)
        Veteran Turret Gunner (6)
        Pattern Analyzer (5)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BlastyMcBlasterFace said:

Another question:  keep the 3 point bid or give Vennie Seismics?

Maybe make the T-70's a bit leaner and find room for Paige?

Unnamed Squadron (200)
Vennie — MG-100 StarFortress	62
Pattern Analyzer	5
Perceptive Copilot	8
Paige Tico	7
Veteran Turret Gunner	6
Ship Total: 88
Half Points: 44 Threshold: 6
 	
Jaycris Tubbs — T-70 X-Wing	50
Integrated S-Foils	0
Ship Total: 50
Half Points: 25 Threshold: 4
 	
Nien Nunb — T-70 X-Wing	55
Integrated S-Foils	0
Pattern Analyzer	5
Black One	2
Ship Total: 62
Half Points: 31 Threshold: 4

The ability to rotate for the double tap is nasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, asterborn said:

Unless you use a coordinator to enable the 2xcalc+focus stack, I think Perceptive Copilot is a better choice than C-3P0. 

C-3P0 is the Resistance's only Coordinate option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

C-3P0 is the Resistance's only Coordinate option.

Could put Squad Leader on Tali, or an In1 A-Wing.

I really like PerCo paired with Rey, but it precludes the amazing Paige/Veteran Gunner double taps.

Edited by Phelan Boots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FriendofYoda said:

Can you shoot with one side of your bow tie, then Paige to flip it round and shoot out the other side of your bow tie at the same target?

Nope. Per the Rules Reference section on Rotate, they're limited to arcs that the turrets arcs weren't in before the action occurred. Vet Turret Gunner double taps on a single target only work if the target is in a primary arc that isn't a turret arc which is overlapped by the turret arc or, in the case of Paige + Vet Tur Gunner, straddling 2 arcs so that her free rotate catches them in the second turret arc after the first turret arc fires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Nope. Per the Rules Reference section on Rotate, they're limited to arcs that the turrets arcs weren't in before the action occurred. Vet Turret Gunner double taps on a single target only work if the target is in a primary arc that isn't a turret arc which is overlapped by the turret arc or, in the case of Paige + Vet Tur Gunner, straddling 2 arcs so that her free rotate catches them in the second turret arc after the first turret arc fires.

WHOA!

Wait!

**SLAMS ON BREAKS**

I thought I could shoot the same ship twice with VTG, if my first shot was with a primary weapon (3 red dice) and the second was with the turret (the 2 red dice).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BlastyMcBlasterFace said:

WHOA!

Wait!

**SLAMS ON BREAKS**

I thought I could shoot the same ship twice with VTG, if my first shot was with a primary weapon (3 red dice) and the second was with the turret (the 2 red dice).

You can since the front arc primary is not a turret.  The turret primary on the Starfortress is a separate weapon that can overlap the front arc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

You can since the front arc primary is not a turret.  The turret primary on the Starfortress is a separate weapon that can overlap the front arc.

Okay, *phew*.  

I'm personally not enamored with Paige.  I'm really hoping to not have to move my arc THAT much.  I'd much rather have double calc/focus - especially given Vennie's ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlastyMcBlasterFace said:

Okay, *phew*.  

I'm personally not enamored with Paige.  I'm really hoping to not have to move my arc THAT much.  I'd much rather have double calc/focus - especially given Vennie's ability.

I don't think you get the idea of Paige. She allows you shoot every direction and be almost unable to be arc doged without spending single action on rotate Turret, so you're almost always double focused. 

Procedure is as follows: keep arc sideways (so 270' effective arc) - get double focus from action - shoot at whatever you want - rotate arc with Page - double tap with Vet. Turret Gunner - rotate arc again back to sideways 270' with Paige.  So you're double taping the same target forward or you're shooting backwards, even having arc always positioned sideways. Crazy good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Find a way to get Paige in there. If you're running ONE Bomber, you want Paige on it.

46 minutes ago, Oldpara said:

I don't think you get the idea of Paige. She allows you shoot every direction and be almost unable to be arc doged without spending single action on rotate Turret, so you're almost always double focused. 

Procedure is as follows: keep arc sideways (so 270' effective arc) - get double focus from action - shoot at whatever you want - rotate arc with Page - double tap with Vet. Turret Gunner - rotate arc again back to sideways 270' with Paige.  So you're double taping the same target forward or you're shooting backwards, even having arc always positioned sideways. Crazy good. 

What?

Paige allows a rotate after a primary attack. You've got to be able to attack something. Then, say you attack. Okay, now you rotate with paige- awesome, fire out of that arc with Veteran... And how are you rotating again? You get one rotate out of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Find a way to get Paige in there. If you're running ONE Bomber, you want Paige on it.

What?

Paige allows a rotate after a primary attack. You've got to be able to attack something. Then, say you attack. Okay, now you rotate with paige- awesome, fire out of that arc with Veteran... And how are you rotating again? You get one rotate out of this.

Not primary arc, my friend, but primary weapon . Both Vennie's forward arc and Turret arc are primary attacks (contrary to some cannons/missiles which are secondary attacks). Then yea - you can rotate after each shot so you're rotating like a pro ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I always like to put the new A-Wings with Vennie too. Her ability may not absolutely require them, especially with Paige gunning, but they are just so much fun. 

I would have a really hard time not loading her up with the seismics as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Oldpara said:

Not primary arc, my friend, but primary weapon . Both Vennie's forward arc and Turret arc are primary attacks (contrary to some cannons/missiles which are secondary attacks). Then yea - you can rotate after each shot so you're rotating like a pro ;)

...I never realized this...oh lord that is beautiful. Oh god I am using this for my next few games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:25 PM, impspy said:

Maybe make the T-70's a bit leaner and find room for Paige?

If you're going to take Tubbs at all, keep space for an R4 astromech. The man's reason to exist is his blue dial, since it's what allows him to burn stress off stuff.

If you're not taking the astromech, pick a cheaper pilot (if you're double-tapping, someone with M9-G8 is good!) or drop down to an A-wing (which supports Vennie better anyway).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Oldpara said:

Not primary arc, my friend, but primary weapon . Both Vennie's forward arc and Turret arc are primary attacks (contrary to some cannons/missiles which are secondary attacks). Then yea - you can rotate after each shot so you're rotating like a pro ;)

...I don't buy it.
unknown.png
I don't buy it at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

...I don't buy it.
unknown.png
I don't buy it at all.

The Starfortress has a fixed front arc primary and a double turret arc primary. The bonus attack from Vet Turret Gunner involving one of the Startfortress's turret arc primaries is still a Primary Attack and still triggers Paige.

Cobalt Squadron Bomber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

The Starfortress has a fixed front arc primary and a double turret arc primary. The bonus attack from Vet Turret Gunner involving one of the Startfortress's turret arc primaries is still a Primary Attack and still triggers Paige.

Cobalt Squadron Bomber

I know what the Starfortress has, but I wasn't aware the primary, non rotating arc, was something that could trigger a rotation. Thing is, you still need a valid forward arc target from what I can tell. What am I missing, and why am I missing it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

I know what the Starfortress has, but I wasn't aware the primary, non rotating arc, was something that could trigger a rotation. Thing is, you still need a valid forward arc target from what I can tell. What am I missing, and why am I missing it?

A regular printed "front arc attack" is still a primary attack, else how would stuff like predator or crack shot or whatever *ever* work on most ships? The printed bowtie is still a primary attack too, so firing out of either will trigger Paige.

Edited by punkUser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Captain Lackwit said:

I know what the Starfortress has, but I wasn't aware the primary, non rotating arc, was something that could trigger a rotation. Thing is, you still need a valid forward arc target from what I can tell. What am I missing, and why am I missing it?

Start with the turret arcs aimed to the sides. Attack out the front arc with the front 3 red primary, Paige triggers giving the option to drop a bomb or rotate, rotate so that one of the two turret arc primaries now overlap the front arc, fire from that arc with Vet Turret Gunner, this is still a primary attack so Paige triggers again, rotate the turret arcs back to their original position. Make sense now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...