KandyKidZero

Competitive Play in MN? (Prefer chainbound)

Hello all,

I am looking to see if there are any actual competitive events anywhere in the Metro area for MN? Even the Fantasy Flight Game Center near me doesn't have Chainbound events scheduled yet. Most places have just been $5 casual nights since tracking just came out, but when I asked if they would be doing chainbound they have responded with the usual "hopefully soon".

This has been a great game that I got my friends into right away, but the lack of a competitive seen for almost three months now has seen the fires starting to burn out. This has kind of felt like a CCG Beta release, and I am worried that this may just be another flash in the pan game by next November at this rate. Some stores aren't even running events because they are worried that turnout will be low because it has been hard to get product consistently.

I am currently in the Roseville, MN area but willing to travel about 20-30 minutes if needed.

Thank you in advance for any tips!

2 hours ago, KandyKidZero said:

Hello all,

I am looking to see if there are any actual competitive events anywhere in the Metro area for MN? Even the Fantasy Flight Game Center near me doesn't have Chainbound events scheduled yet. Most places have just been $5 casual nights since tracking just came out, but when I asked if they would be doing chainbound they have responded with the usual "hopefully soon".

This has been a great game that I got my friends into right away, but the lack of a competitive seen for almost three months now has seen the fires starting to burn out. This has kind of felt like a CCG Beta release, and I am worried that this may just be another flash in the pan game by next November at this rate. Some stores aren't even running events because they are worried that turnout will be low because it has been hard to get product consistently.

I am currently in the Roseville, MN area but willing to travel about 20-30 minutes if needed.

Thank you in advance for any tips!

See if you can PM kiramode.

I think he's somewhere in MN and his podcast is dedicated to the more competitive side of Keyforge.

I wouldn't be too concerned with the immediate lack of chainbound events in MN, dreamers in St Louis Park is running events on Mondays and I'm sure that more retailers will be added as they learn the software

Hey @KandyKidZero! I know its a little late but I'm seeing 12 upcoming Chainbound events within 50 miles of Roseville, MN on weTabletop!

https://www.wetabletop.com/near/roseville-mn-55113-usa?game=6&format=20

And 15 upcoming Chainbound events in the all of Minnesota:

https://www.wetabletop.com/near/minnesota-usa?game=6&format=20

Edited by joemasilotti
Linked text.

56 minutes ago, DustinClays said:

Why can't I open those links? I've heard about this site from 2 other sources (BGG and FB) but none of the provided links work...is it down? Or is it me? 

That's odd, everything seems to be working for me. Can you try again? Are you getting an error message or anything similar?