AeroEng42

New Purple Actions

17 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Ah. I must have been blind. Bottom right. Shown letters of the upgrade name are "ion". It is certainly a strong likelihood. I wonder if it'll be faction locked or if I could sneak it on Dooku or Ventriss. Even a purple coordinate would be useful for Scum and the Seps.

I'll bet it'll be our first Light Side upgrade. Meditation seems very unsithlike, ref. Maul's pacing back and forth while the Jedi sit there in TPM.

6 minutes ago, Okapi said:

I'll bet it'll be our first Light Side upgrade. Meditation seems very unsithlike, ref. Maul's pacing back and forth while the Jedi sit there in TPM.

I hope it is light side only. I only know of two Force Users in canon who ever mastered it: Yoda and Bastila Shan, both Jedi Grand Masters. Plus, it is all about teamwork and buffing your friends, not anger and aggression and self-promotion as would be the sith way.

Doh, totally right @Hiemfire

I got Bastila and Satele confused again. That happens a lot with me because of the same last name. My bad!

And I know Bastila fell to the dark side, but she started and ended on the light side, so I still think of her as a light-sider primarily. That said, I suppose that does mean it might not be a predominately light side power. Plus, looking at the ARC-170 expansion again, looks like Palpatine has it built-in, so my guess is it will be neutral.

Or, maybe it will be double-sided like Palpatine probably will be? Light side gets Coordinate, Dark Side gets a Jam action or something along those lines? That could be really cool.

7 minutes ago, AeroEng42 said:

Doh, totally right @Hiemfire

I got Bastila and Satele confused again. That happens a lot with me because of the same last name. My bad!

And I know Bastila fell to the dark side, but she started and ended on the light side, so I still think of her as a light-sider primarily. That said, I suppose that does mean it might not be a predominately light side power. Plus, looking at the ARC-170 expansion again, looks like Palpatine has it built-in, so my guess is it will be neutral.

Or, maybe it will be double-sided like Palpatine probably will be? Light side gets Coordinate, Dark Side gets a Jam action or something along those lines? That could be really cool.

Darth Treya was also a practitioner of Battle Meditation. If you can play KOTOR 2 I recommend doing so and paying attention to what the old bat has to say about the Dark Side. Dark Siders, Sith specifically, were not purely emotion driven psychopaths. The ability to bolster their "allies" while hindering their opponents is some the most powerful of them made very ready use of, Battle Meditation is one form of this.