thespaceinvader

Protecting Peace - Jedi article

I'd expect to be able to get 3 at I5 without any configs, and probably 3 at I5 with either config, tbh.  I'd be pretty shocked if they clock in more than Vader with either config (indeed, they should be less, given they're I5 and have universally worse abilities, and the /x1 stat bar is arguably better than either config option), and you can get 3 Vaders.

4 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Jesus the torrent's stats and abilities look like garbage

Truly, only the ARC is fit enough to serve as the Republic's mainstay

If it's more than 24 it's too expensive, and ti probably ought to be 22.  With that dial, it's worse than a TIE/LN for my money.

Just now, thespaceinvader said:

If it's more than 24 it's too expensive, and ti probably ought to be 22.  With that dial, it's worse than a TIE/LN for my money.

I'm hoping there are some unspoiled new cards we will get in the next article that make the Torrent actually useful. Right now, yeah...take em as blockers or bait, if  you can't fit a 3rd or 4th Jedi?

Maybe some of the upgrades in the ARC expansion will have more synergy with the Torrents. Right now it looks like they just put it in the faction because they didn't want to have 3 with Y-Wings or Z-95's

3 hours ago, OneLastMidnight said:

Yeah but you can't un-purple that action, because it's printed on the card and they're trying to steer away from erratas.

seems like an enabler ability is missing here. to me the purple action is good when it can combo off something else. kindof a push the limit effect but a bit more situational. im taking blinded pilot shots at this and trying to fill in the blanks but FFG must have some future plans for crew that buff the jedi abilities.

could be something similar to a coordinate for a free purple action.

i mean the purple actions seem meh now but they might get better with the release of additional support from upgrades.

i understand FFG's need to be cautious and not to make the jedi too good right away... this would sell ships but break the game. They are thinking long term here right?

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

Everyone hoping for the bid war to stop may be disappointed. Obi-Wan, Mace Windu and Plo Kloon are all 5s and we still don’t know what Ashoka and Anakin will come in at. I think this will only make deep bids more important. They may have the most I5s in relation to total squadron.

Hoping Mace, Anakin and Obi-Wan all fit, or Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ashoka. Fingers crossed.

5 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

Thanks do we know there abilities?

Officially no

If you want to strain your eyes and try and see on the Jedi fighter reveal you can.

From what i can make out Ahsoka  has a spend 1 force for an effect after completing a maneuver. Anakin looks like he has an ability that kicks in relation to the bullseye arc.

I think we should accept that the purple evade is useless, but that that doesn't really matter - these ships would look good with no evade at all (though I agree it feels wrong for evading to be harder in this ship than in others).

The V-19s are supposed to be rubbish, but some of their abilities sound good.  Couldn't one or two high initiative ones with ordnance be pretty hard hitting for a low price?

26 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

The V-19s are supposed to be rubbish, but some of their abilities sound good.  Couldn't one or two high initiative ones with ordnance be pretty hard hitting for a low price?

Sure, except for they said missiles in the article, and there aren’t any really great missiles yet. I suppose concussion is ok because it adds a third die, but not sure it’s worthwhile.

I’m looking at them more as cheap filler for the list. Keep them lightweight and cheap. 

3 hours ago, GeneralVryth said:

But 6 points more seems like a lot for 1 more Force.

According to the price difference between a Baron of the Empire (33) and a generic Inquisitor (38) one force equals five points. It used to be six before the update. 

23 minutes ago, HelHound said:

I’m hoping the V-19’s have a double missile slot, even though barrage rockets aren’t cheap IF the Torrents are inexpensive then it might be worth out. 

Based on some of the card art we can hope! Also barrage rockets will be easier for them to proc at lower initiative not requiring a lock.

2 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

To be fair they were a rushed job soley to give the Clones a starfighter to fly during the early Clone Wars until they could develop better craft like the Clone Z-95 which replaced it as the Republic's mainstay craft.

2 hours ago, NeonWolf said:

I'm hoping there are some unspoiled new cards we will get in the next article that make the Torrent actually useful. Right now, yeah...take em as blockers or bait, if  you can't fit a 3rd or 4th Jedi?

Maybe some of the upgrades in the ARC expansion will have more synergy with the Torrents. Right now it looks like they just put it in the faction because they didn't want to have 3 with Y-Wings or Z-95's

Well with the V-19 and the other ships it gives the Republic players an ace/interceptor ship (Delta 7), Cheap filler (V-19), and a heavier ship (ARC-170) while building their lists. We should see the Y-Wing as a bomber, and Clone Z-95 as a more X-Wing role ship show up in the next wave or two. I'd imagine the BTL-B Y-Wing and Clone Z-95 will both be more similar to the various versions of the Falcon when compared to their OT variants as opposed to just being the same ship in two factions like how they are for Rebels and Scum. 

2 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

This article was certainly short on ARCs. It seems like these guys need a real ship to get things done for them. 

1 hour ago, ScummyRebel said:

Sure, except for they said missiles in the article, and there aren’t any really great missiles yet. I suppose concussion is ok because it adds a third die, but not sure it’s worthwhile.

With the advent of droid swarm might ion missile packing Torrets finally have their moment in the sun? Possibly? 

I was very exited to play republic, but I have to admit this was a little underwheling. Delta 7 looks like bad tie v1...

.....really hope that somethings make me change my mind.

6 minutes ago, DerRitter said:

I was very exited to play republic, but I have to admit this was a little underwheling. Delta 7 looks like bad tie v1...

.....really hope that somethings make me change my mind.

More pilots (several at I5, and one at I6) , 2 config options (both of which increase offensive power), and a cooler model aren't enough to be better than a v1? 😋 The purple evade stinks, but whatever, as others point out, without Juke I'd be unlikely to use it if it was white anyway.