thespaceinvader

Protecting Peace - Jedi article

5 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

I really want to know what Mace is officially going to be, initiative-wise. They can’t very well print him at different initiative values simply for different countries 🤔

Sure they can!  They just need to make sure his subtitle is different!

"Oh, that's not Mace Windu -- Jedi Master; it's Mace Windu -- Jedi Maestro.  Completely different card!"

5 hours ago, DexterOnone said:

The question in my mind for the purple evade is whether or not you can perform it any time you have the opportunity to spend a force token (i.e. while attacking or defending).

The example shown in the picture in the article just states “ Plo Koon spends a Force charge to perform a purple evade action!“, without any further context in regards to timing... being able to spend a force to take an evade token if you blank out on defence would be a quite powerful ability, but also highly thematic for Jedi!

It's an action on the action bar, so I imagine it behaves the same as normal apart from the added cost

5 hours ago, eMeM said:

Delta-7B should not be upgunned, the armament in both variants is exactly the same.

Gameplay > fluff

Variety is good!

Though I can't see why you wouldn't want 3 reds unless that triangular gnat of a ship had ordnance 

7 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

That's...

That's a lot of hoop jumping, and not on your part.

For the Naboo N-1 Astromech Slot, R2-D2 apparently has a fold-away "Giraffe Neck" the same length as his body height.

42d038566b6be724be7d53cc613ce42292698b8b

Yet for some reason he also has a periscope on top.

What this actually is is unconvincing hand-waving to explain the fact that for some reason George Lucas had a cow about the N-1's astromech slot collar having 'shoulder' cowling protruding at the sides. No bloody idea why.

1 minute ago, Magnus Grendel said:

For the Naboo N-1 Astromech Slot, R2-D2 apparently has a fold-away "Giraffe Neck" the same length as his body height.

42d038566b6be724be7d53cc613ce42292698b8b

Yet for some reason he also has a periscope on top.

What this actually is is unconvincing hand-waving to explain the fact that for some reason George Lucas had a cow about the N-1's astromech slot collar having 'shoulder' cowling protruding at the sides. No bloody idea why.

People don't seem to get the giraffe neck thing.

It's not that. What's happening is that the astromech internals are being pulled out of the casing.

Of course the smartest way to go about this would have been to just... rotate R2. For some reason Lucas thinks Astromechs are important to have on every hero ship. I do not at all understand why this is the case.

2 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

For some reason Lucas thinks Astromechs are important to have on every hero ship. I do not at all understand why this is the case.

"Cute" sells.

19 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

People don't seem to get the giraffe neck thing.

It's not that. What's happening is that the astromech internals are being pulled out of the casing.

Of course the smartest way to go about this would have been to just... rotate R2. For some reason Lucas thinks Astromechs are important to have on every hero ship. I do not at all understand why this is the case.

It's not the orientation so much as the slight raised 'collar' about the head. If it was flush with the hull, then you'd probably be fine, but for some reason it's not.

I don't mind having the R2 - astromechs do a genuinely sensible in-universe job. But the convoluted lengths they went to to fit them to ships which clearly don't have the geometric space for the astromech that you see getting into it is bizarre when it wouldn't take much design effort for them to have a proper slot where they don't have to be eviscerated or decapitated to fit.... versions of the jedi fighter which have the astromech in the bridge of the nose where it's thicker is another example.

I don't get the V-19 hate.  I think they're kinda perfect.

I mean, we've got a fair number of 2-red filler/swarm ships in the game.  Lots of TIE Fighters (and the Scyk is nearlya TIE).  Z-95s have always been like mini-X-Wings.

But we've never had a filler/swarm ship like the V-19.  A trash-tier B-Wing dial, but with more HP than any other tiny ship, and a decent action bar.  Just seems like it'd be an actually new design, rather than just the same old filler ship.

A lot would depend on price.  If they're 27-28 points, they'd just be a trash version of a TIE bomber.  At 24-25, they'd be the slow, beefy swarmer, and that'd be cool.

18 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

If it's more than 24 it's too expensive, and ti probably ought to be 22.  With that dial, it's worse than a TIE/LN for my money.

It has the same stats as the quad jumper and can BR > evade. under 32 will be a steal. 

13 hours ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

This is what I assumed this whole time. Just now in this thread I realize I am in the minority.

This would be great for the purple evade on the Aethersprite, but kinda... intense for the purple coordinate on the Chancellor crew card. 

11 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Also V-19s suck holy crap.

My 3 favorite ships in all of Star Wars (in no order):

E-Wings

TIE Defenders

V-19 Torrents

FFG: why you gotta play me like this?! Why do you keep releasing my favorite ships, make them almost good, but nerf them out of the gate with awful stats?! WHY FFG WHY?!

6 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

🤨 The quad's cost comes from its chassis action (the infamous tractor array) more than its stats.

and the quad was originally costed at 28. so the statline alone is at least worth that. 

2 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

I really want to know what Mace is officially going to be, initiative-wise. They can’t very well print him at different initiative values simply for different countries 🤔

I'd say he is Int 5, my reasoning being that his art lines up with the original article's spread being right next to Obi-Wan. 

47 minutes ago, Punning Pundit said:

My 3 favorite ships in all of Star Wars (in no order):

E-Wings

TIE Defenders

V-19 Torrents

FFG: why you gotta play me like this?! Why do you keep releasing my favorite ships, make them almost good, but nerf them out of the gate with awful stats?! WHY FFG WHY?!

Ummm, excuse me? Juke Rexlar is a beast. He will typically outpoint whatever's left of the enemy list in the endgame, plus in order for 3 hits to do damage to him, his defense need to roll only 1 paint. Plus, at I5 and an ability like his, juke gets a little OP.

But I agree with you on E-Wings. It's not so much their stats, but their atrocious linked options. Let's give the ship with 3 green dice links only from repositions to locks! If its action bar were swapped with that of the TIE Advanced, both ships would benefit immensely, as the E-wing wants to preserve its costly chassis and does not need to alpha every turn and as the TIE Adv. only gets its extra die when locking and often wants a reposition in the mix when it locks.