Sign in to follow this  
flukie89

Custom Virus Question

Card image for Custom Virus

Card image for Dew Faerie

So here's my question. If I use Custom Virus to purge a card like Dew Faerie would I destroy:

a) Only cards with Elusive and Reap abilities

b) Cards that have either Elusive or Reap

c) I choose either Elusive or Reap and destroy those of which i choose

d) something else I haven't thought of

Help would be very much appreciated 

I have yet to see anyone use this card. Is there something that I am missing that makes this card good? It feels like the destruction will primary affect your own creatures. Removing a card from your hand so that you can draw a new card sounds occasionally useful, but not useful enough to dedicate a card to, especially one that needs to be sacrificed to do so. 

From the rulebook:

TRAITS

Traits are descriptive attributes (such as “Knight” or “Specter”) that may be referenced by other cards. Traits are listed at the top center of a card’s text box. Traits have no inherent game effect, but may be referenced by card abilities.

29 minutes ago, Revert said:

I have yet to see anyone use this card. Is there something that I am missing that makes this card good? It feels like the destruction will primary affect your own creatures. Removing a card from your hand so that you can draw a new card sounds occasionally useful, but not useful enough to dedicate a card to, especially one that needs to be sacrificed to do so. 

Probably best in matches where you're up against one of the same factions, maybe as a response to your opponent clearing the board and then establishing a new board, or when you need to clear a lot of creatures from one faction (since traits are rarely shared across factions). There could also theoretically be a deck that has a card that is usually a mostly-dead draw but can be used in conjunction with this to remove a problem creature. 

But it really does feel pretty bad to ever actually use.

I have it in a deck with two Dextres. With him, it wipes out humans and scientists (good against logos/mars/sanctum), and purges him so he won't go back on my deck.

I also have some giants, which helps against large Brobnar boards.

But most importantly, it's an omni effect. Very flexible.

Edited by SupaGerm
Clarity

On 2/4/2019 at 3:29 PM, Aahzmandius_Karrde said:

d) You would destroy all other Faries.

That is the trait line.  The abilities you are referring to are keywords.

Thats excellent thanks for your help