The Jabbawookie

Destructive Criticism With Screed

“Screed will get those shields down, we’ve gotta give him more time!”

The list is pretty simple: probably go first, take a long range shot with the Raider, first last with Demo or the Kuat.  Entrapment Formation becomes Intensify Firepower to fix dice a little when combined with Screed.  Vader costs only a point more than the setup though, so making the switch is tempting.  The biggest concern then becomes triggering HIEs on the Kuat.

Thoughts?

Name: Critical Mass
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Admiral Screed

Assault: Most Wanted
Defense: Hyperspace Assault
Navigation: Salvage Run

ISD Kuat Refit (112)
• Admiral Screed (26)
• Strategic Adviser (4)
• Fire-Control Team (2)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
• Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)
• Assault Concussion Missiles (7)
• Chimaera (4)
• Entrapment Formation! (5)
= 176 Points

Gladiator I (56)
• Intel Officer (7)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Engine Techs (8)
• Assault Concussion Missiles (7)
• Demolisher (10)
= 92 Points

Raider II (48)
• Disposable Capacitors (3)
• Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)
= 60 Points

Gozanti Cruisers (23)
• Comms Net (2)
= 25 Points

Gozanti Cruisers (23)
• Comms Net (2)
= 25 Points

Squadrons:
= 0 Points

Total Points: 378

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Looks fun, I was trying to figure a similar build for a Kuat Screed. I wonder about setting up the raider to be more anti squadrons, I personally like the Raider-I better for this with Flechettes and OEs. Maybe Kallus and Impetuous? I'm guessing you need a big bid for your meta too. No squadrons at all makes me a bit nervous,  even 2 interceptions or something just to screen can be nice. 

I really like the Screed/FCT/HIE/ACM mix here, as well as the use of the Chimaera title (which so very under-rated, IMO).

As it stands, it is worth a run against a most other standard net lists, apart from maybe a Raddus list (man, I hate that guy). The bid/5 activations/SA should help get one or two rounds of strong last/first double-taps in for Chimaera/Demo. 

My only concern would be anti-squad capability - perhaps with the other two heavy hitters bringing the pain, maybe re-roll the Raider to Raider1/Kallus/OE/Flechette/instigator for 2 pts less?

1 hour ago, DrJonesJnr said:

My only concern would be anti-squad capability - perhaps with the other two heavy hitters bringing the pain, maybe re-roll the Raider to Raider1/Kallus/OE/Flechette/instigator for 2 pts less?

I like this.  Much as I don’t want to lose long range setup firepower, it’s a good answer to squads given initiative and activation count, and makes the bid even stronger.  Plus Flechettes are so fun!

2 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Plus Flechettes are so fun!

Indeed sir!  Especially with Screed = Options.

Also, my edit didn't save earlier, but to perhaps assist the anti-squad mission set you could also consider eating into the bid to add Slicer Tools on the Gozanti in an effort to hurt those pesky squad lists.

4 hours ago, DrJonesJnr said:

Indeed sir!  Especially with Screed = Options.

Also, my edit didn't save earlier, but to perhaps assist the anti-squad mission set you could also consider eating into the bid to add Slicer Tools on the Gozanti in an effort to hurt those pesky squad lists.

It’s hard to justify Slicers these days when they don’t affect Thrawn (and a single copy doesn’t affect Leia.)  Then there are lists like Sloane Squall that can kill a flotilla before it gets close enough, or ignore it and throw squads in the way naturally.  Especially as the Raider would rather they be activated before the squadron phase so it doesn’t need to eat shots to the face.  I actually really like Slicers with squads to help win the squadron game against things that aren’t named 2-ship or deny nav/repairs vs squadless lists, but without squads they’ve become a tougher sell for me of late.

I'm inclined to agree actually. The bid is certainly more important here and, after my game tonight with my own Imp MSU (TF Inferno), I've decided to trade ST for Comms and QLT for the Anti-Sqn Raider. Here, the bids rarely go below 15pts (385/400), so a meta call is needed, as always. 

Then again, the Jerk Gozanti can make a good decoy as a feint on the flank to draw squads or even a ship away from the main force in the first few 2-3 rounds.