CapitanGuinea

《Spoiler alert》 the new ownership of Millennium Falcon

So there's genuinely a lot of reason this could actually happen.

It'd be a really good way to reunite him and L3-37.
The Resistance needs funding. Lando is funding. But Lando want his sHIP BACK.
He's the oldest original owner of The Falcon still alive.
Daisy Ridley is done portraying Rey after Episode XI. I do not think she will take The Falcon with her, wherever she goes.
The Falcon gets to retire with Lando, having earned a much needed rest.

If any of this ends up being true I'd like to see Chewie survive and have a friend in Lando to 'fly off into the sunset' with at the end of the movie. I don't know about the likelihood of Lando taking ownership back but I like the idea.

I also really want to see Poe take it for a spin, especially if its been fixed up by Chewie/Rey or Lando etc.

Edited by BVRCH

10 hours ago, BVRCH said:

If any of this ends up being true I'd like to see Chewie survive and have a friend in Lando to 'fly off into the sunset' with at the end of the movie. I don't know about the likelihood of Lando taking ownership back but I like the idea.

I also really want to see Poe take it for a spin, especially if its been fixed up by Chewie/Rey or Lando etc.

No way Chewie's gonna' die.

2 hours ago, BVRCH said:

Yeah I doubt he will either. I just don't want him to be alone at the end. 

I highly doubt he'll be alone. Going home to Kashykk is always an option, his wisdom would very likely be appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

I highly doubt he'll be alone. Going home to Kashykk is always an option, his wisdom would very likely be appreciated.

That would be alone to me. I know its not technically alone, but all his friends are dying and I want him to have a companion at the end. His family might be still around but he's not been back to Kashyyyk since the Clone Wars so its not really home anymore if you know what I mean.

I guess what I'm saying is I want him to have a movie character friend at the end. He was always an auxiliary character in the OT but he seems a little more marginalized in the ST and I want him to have a happy ending.

5 minutes ago, BVRCH said:

That would be alone to me. I know its not technically alone, but all his friends are dying and I want him to have a companion at the end. His family might be still around but he's not been back to Kashyyyk since the Clone Wars so its not really home anymore if you know what I mean.

I guess what I'm saying is I want him to have a movie character friend at the end. He was always an auxiliary character in the OT but he seems a little more marginalized in the ST and I want him to have a happy ending.

Didn't he and Han head to Kashyyk to help kick some of the remaining Imperial forces off a little after RotJ in the new canon? I could have sworn I read that someplace, ticked off Mon Mothma when they did it due to the timing iirc.

5 hours ago, Arc170Chris said:

I think you guys are forgetting that the falcon ends up grounded at the end of the film, which leads into where it is in the disney parks. Maybe Lando makes a permanent home of it? Or Chewy? 

I'm hard pressed to end up forgetting something related to Star Wars, friend.

tpqjuxqa6f821.jpg

Batuu is where it ends up after IX. Now, how long it's there, we do not know, but sources indicate that Galaxy's Edge happens before IX.

18 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Didn't he and Han head to Kashyyk to help kick some of the remaining Imperial forces off a little after RotJ in the new canon? I could have sworn I read that someplace, ticked off Mon Mothma when they did it due to the timing iirc.

There has been a couple times he's physically gone back yeah, although I'm not sure what is canon or not anymore, I'm still yet to read a lot of the new novels/comics. I mean more so he's not called it home in almost a 100 years, and due to his life debt to Han, he never planned on calling it home again. Obviously Wookiees live much longer than humans and he could go back, but leaving the tribe is a big deal in a sense.  

14 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Batuu is where it ends up after IX. Now, how long it's there, we do not know, but sources indicate that Galaxy's Edge happens before IX.

I'll also add, we know little to nought about this new planet anyway. All we know is the Falcon is there at some point, and that its not a FO friendly planet. It could be the make shift rebel base, could be where Lando's hideout is, could just be a where they stop for repairs for all we know (I think parts for a heavily modified, almost century old freighter would be becoming hard to find). 

Edited by BVRCH

1 hour ago, BVRCH said:

There has been a couple times he's physically gone back yeah, although I'm not sure what is canon or not anymore, I'm still yet to read a lot of the new novels/comics. I mean more so he's not called it home in almost a 100 years, and due to his life debt to Han, he never planned on calling it home again. Obviously Wookiees live much longer than humans and he could go back, but leaving the tribe is a big deal in a sense.  

I'll also add, we know little to nought about this new planet anyway. All we know is the Falcon is there at some point, and that its not a FO friendly planet. It could be the make shift rebel base, could be where Lando's hideout is, could just be a where they stop for repairs for all we know (I think parts for a heavily modified, almost century old freighter would be becoming hard to find). 

Though it's key to remember, in the original mock-ups, a TIE/SF was stationed at Batuu.

5 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Though it's key to remember, in the original mock-ups, a TIE/SF was stationed at Batuu.

Yeah and I'm fairly sure the FO will be there in some capacity if it is indeed shown in IX, but I'm just purely going off the one piece of canon info we have about the planet until the Black Spire novel comes out;

"Batuu.., it has also become a safe haven for those looking to avoid the attention of the First Order." - Star Wars Databank

Leia and Han were still legally married at his death. So the Falcon belong to her and she let in custody of Rey and Chewie. Ps. In new Canon after Endor Han an Chewie joined the campaign to free Kashyyyk then set up with their respective  families until the time Ben Solo betrayed the New Jedi Order. After that, mourning the loss of their son to the Dark Side and for heavy divergencies in lifestyles Han and Leia splitted, without divorcing. Leia political career crumbled soon afterward when she is exposed as Darth Vader daughter in front of all the Senate who kept her hencefor in total disgrace

The same font today spelled a dire rumor (today ep IX ended the works): nor Lando nor the Falcon would survive this last run. I sincerely hope this would prove false but Disney tought me to have fear. The image published today is a stunned Finn seeing the Falcon crush and burn with Lando within.

41 minutes ago, CapitanGuinea said:

The same font today spelled a dire rumor (today ep IX ended the works): nor Lando nor the Falcon would survive this last run. I sincerely hope this would prove false but Disney tought me to have fear. The image published today is a stunned Finn seeing the Falcon crush and burn with Lando within.

Much as I don’t want this to happen, this sounds consistent with how Disney feels about the old characters. Out with the old (unless the nostalgia can sell!), and quick replace them with our new stuff.

3 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Much as I don’t want this to happen, this sounds consistent with how Disney feels about the old characters. Out with the old (unless the nostalgia can sell!), and quick replace them with our new stuff.

You are aware that Disney hating the past or older stuff is... literally the most bats**t insane way of looking at all of this, right?

But even if the described does occur. You people do realize that these actors are... not young, right? That they're definitely going to die within the next 10-20 years each? Hamill, Williams, Ford, Daniels, Jones, are all going to be extremely dead during your lifetime.That is completely and utterly inescapable fact.

So if their characters do die, is that so bad?

On 2/5/2019 at 7:40 PM, Hiemfire said:

He went to Kashyyk for the Life Day celebrations. 

On 2/2/2019 at 1:09 PM, SabineKey said:

I actually disagree on this point, though not in the direction of Lando getting the Falcon. I bet Lando is going to take on the Admiral role. He’d be in charge of the capital ships like Ackbar in ROJ, with likely Poe heading up the squadrons. Now, he could still die in that role, but we’ll see.

As to the OPs original question, it will depend on how long Lando has had the Falcon back. Has he actually had time to re-customize it and so forth. 

He might pull off another maneuver like he did in Taanab 

On 2/6/2019 at 7:13 AM, CapitanGuinea said:

Leia and Han were still legally married at his death. So the Falcon belong to her and she let in custody of Rey and Chewie. Ps. In new Canon after Endor Han an Chewie joined the campaign to free Kashyyyk then set up with their respective  families until the time Ben Solo betrayed the New Jedi Order. After that, mourning the loss of their son to the Dark Side and for heavy divergencies in lifestyles Han and Leia splitted, without divorcing. Leia political career crumbled soon afterward when she is exposed as Darth Vader daughter in front of all the Senate who kept her hencefor in total disgrace

Ugh, this is sounding like a huge legal mess.  Anyone have a Nawara Ven card?

On 2/6/2019 at 7:13 AM, CapitanGuinea said:

Sort of, in Bloodlines we see Leia losing the support of the Senate and starting the Resistance at the end of it and that was before Ben went to the darkside, and during the book Han was away for the majority of it coaching racers. It mostly looks like Leia and Han were not spending tons of time anyways leading up to their split, with her focusing on her job and Han doing his own thing. And we know it wasn't something recent as he had been coaching Greer before she was diagnosed with her disease that ended up with Leia giving her a job due to her connection with Han. 

On 2/3/2019 at 2:20 PM, Odanan said:

Sure. Chewie gets screwed yet another time. 

He was  instrumental in every Rebel victory (after Rogue One) and never got a rank , a medal or even a "thank you". (when big shots like Land and Han become instantly "generals") Frack this ****!

#WookieesArePeopleToo

Chewie got his medal. He's just not showy about it.  Clashes with the warrior vibe...

https://www.slashfilm.com/chewbacca-medal/