Sign in to follow this  
Jobu

Errata in Return to the Dunwich Legacy

I was looking at the new Return to the Dunwich Legacy cards and found this on the setup card for Blood on the Altar:

- Add the new locations to the original locations from the Blood on the Altar encounter set. Remove 1 of the 3 copies of each of these locations from the game at random. Then, choose 1 of the 6 remaining locations at random and remove it from the game as well. Put the remaining locations into play.

So if I do this I end up putting 10 locations into play.  Is that right?  Should it be remove 2 of the 3 copies?  I think the rest of the setup instructions fall apart if this is the case.

Edited by Jobu

Yeah i noticed that too. It would have a lot cleaner to say, add the new locations to the originals, randomly choose 1 of the 3 copies of each by title, then randomly select 5 of the remaining 6 to put into play.

This instruction is in addition to the initial setup instructions. So you add the new versions and remove a copy of each location, and then remove another copy of each location, leaving you with 1 copy of each. And then you remove one of the 6 locations left.

2 hours ago, Khudzlin said:

This instruction is in addition to the initial setup instructions. So you add the new versions and remove a copy of each location, and then remove another copy of each location, leaving you with 1 copy of each. And then you remove one of the 6 locations left.

Yes but the way the instructions are ordered doesn't quite make that clear.

5 hours ago, Khudzlin said:

I mean if that was the case we would:

Add the new versions (3 of each of the six locations)

Remove one copy of each (2 of each of six locations)

Remove another copy of each (1 of each of six locations)  Good.

Remove 1 of the 6 (5 locations)

Then remove another of the remaining 5 (4 locations)

Put the remaining 5 locations into the game.  But you only have 4.

While it is true that you need to follow all the instructions, the issue is when you do, you run into issues.  Both the setup card and the written rules have you remove 1 of the 6 locations, just like both the setup card and the rules have you remove 1 of 3.