Da_Brown_Bomber

Drea Double Tap Trickshot

Squad Name : DDT

Drea + dorsal turret (44)

Lok Revenant + dorsal turret + veteran turret gunner (51)

Mining Guild Surveyor + trickshot (27)

total: 200pts

seems solid on paper. double tap with rerolls from the scurrgs. I want to give this a test fly tomorrow. thoughts?

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

I have been thinking about the revenant with gunner and turret. Even added title and fcs since I didn't plan to bring Drea. Haven't flown it, though. 

But I think you are looking into a good direction. The chassis is solid, the dial is ok. I wonder if trick shot is needed or if you can give Drea an r4 and /or expert handling

1 hour ago, flooze said:

I have been thinking about the revenant with gunner and turret. Even added title and fcs since I didn't plan to bring Drea. Haven't flown it, though. 

But I think you are looking into a good direction. The chassis is solid, the dial is ok. I wonder if trick shot is needed or if you can give Drea an r4 and /or expert handling

yes, could def do that. dropping trickshots gives me 4pts so i could potentially run R4/expert handing or R4/trickshot on drea perhaps.

my thinking with trickshot ties was to increase their firepower a bit, 3 dice with rerolls  hits a lot harder than 2 dice w rerolls :) trick is to get it to trigger enough times to be worth it. the potential is there for extra dmg. its just harder to pull off. will let u know how my games go today.

2 hours ago, eljms said:

You could fly double tapping Goons for 12 points less each and add another MGT.  Not sure whether that's better, just an option.

True. Good question what gives more value. The three die primary of the Loks or another two die ship. One more reroll though... 

11 minutes ago, flooze said:

True. Good question what gives more value. The three die primary of the Loks or another two die ship. One more reroll though... 

The Y-wing is cheaper, the Lok is faster (Half a small base per move roughly due to the Lok being a medium base) with a better dial (speed 4 Tallon in addition to the K-Turn while Y-Wing is limited to just the Speed 4 K-Turn, otherwise their dials are identical) and more hp. It honestly comes down to if you want a bit more beef ( 6h/4s Lok vs 6h/2s Goon) in your gunships and being able to fire before I1 swarms without having to think about a bid or if you want more ships. Both routes are valid.

18 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Squad Name : DDT

Drea + dorsal turret (44)

total: 200pts

seems solid on paper. double tap with rerolls from the scurrgs. I want to give this a test fly tomorrow. thoughts?

went 3-1 with this list today. had a buy so two legit wins vs imp aces and rebels(han/thane/wedge) loss was to double firesprays (boba/emon).

the list was solid. the scurrgs hot like wrecking balls. at close range i melted the rebel falcon in a turn :) 

still need to tweek things a lil.

4 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

went 3-1 with this list today. had a buy so two legit wins vs imp aces and rebels(han/thane/wedge) loss was to double firesprays (boba/emon).

the list was solid. the scurrgs hot like wrecking balls. at close range i melted the rebel falcon in a turn :) 

still need to tweek things a lil.

How heavily did having the TIEs Init locked with the Loks help? You could put a Veteran Turret Gunner on Drea if you drop them down to Sentries.

Edited by Hiemfire

init 2 was ok. i used them as expendable blockers so could easily drop them to sentries. im considering swapping thm both out for a generic starviper. mayne even a jakku gunrunner which will free up points for lots more options on drea and the scurrgs.

latest incarnation....

Drea + dorsal turret + hull upgrade (47)

Hired Gun + squad leader + ion cannon turret + veteran turret gunner + R4 astromech (51)

200pts

losing the scum ties takes away some versatility, especially blocking but here is what the list has gained...

1)  some control from range 3 range 2 ion cannon so you can set up range one shots from the bombers

2)  free actions from squad leader (costs only 6 on hired gun) so you can rotate a turret from any ship or give it an action if it bumps or give it a fully moded shot with TL + focus or perhaps give another ship a red repositioning barrel roll after it has focused.

3) gives opponents another target to take the heat of Drea and a really solid support ship should Drea get take out early - no more rerolls without Drea but still a fully moded shot for one of my Scurrgs.

Ion cannon turret caps at range 2. 

Interesting to see that three generics with Drea seems to be fine. I'd thought the more the better, but with all these double taps it's like more ships. 

2 hours ago, flooze said:

Ion cannon turret caps at range 2. 

Interesting to see that three generics with Drea seems to be fine. I'd thought the more the better, but with all these double taps it's like more ships. 

kk. missed that. 3 red dice at range 2, 4 at range 1.

yeah the double taps are super good. at range one the scurrg bombers are lethal. 4 dice followed by 3 dice from each... drea reroll for each separate attack. u can just keep the turret facing fwd most the time. very destructive dmg output.

If you drop the Loks down to Hired Guns, you can afford to put a veteran turret gunner on Drea. That gives you another shot (most of the time) at the cost of 4 shields.