ddtrujillo95

Rise of the Separatists - Anybody know what's going on?

I just got an email that it’s shipping very soon.  I think I will take it to celebration in Chicago if I get it by Wednesday next week.  I take back all my doubts and can’t wait to visit their booth and get their exclusives.

7 hours ago, Rogo727 said:

I just got an email that it’s shipping very soon.  I think I will take it to celebration in Chicago if I get it by Wednesday next week.  I take back all my doubts and can’t wait to visit their booth and get their exclusives.

So when you soon what do you mean?

On 4/4/2019 at 10:44 AM, Dafydd said:

I couldn't help noticing that Allies & Adversaries has moved to On The Boat - on April Fool's Day. I feel like we're being trolled...

And now Allies & Adversaries is shipping...

I notice that as usual Rise Of The Separatists is still stuck on the boat.. 7 months it's been on a boat now ... However the  Allies & Adversaries book that was in development just 4 months back is now Shipping ! So it's kinda a slap in the face to everyone who pre-ordered a copy of ROTS :( 
But I'm starting to think Rise has been Recalled to be re-done to fit in with it's follow-up book Collapse of the Republic. I'm wondering if they're going to release both together later in May/June 2019 as a double whammy ?
It'd fit with a lot of their previous releases that were delayed and delayed then suddenly 3 or 4 books released at once. Still not a good way to keep a game system alive & vital. I know a lot of folks have switched to other game systems now because of FF's continual delays in release of their games unfortunately.

SavageBob, missed that minor bit of news ... However even reprinting wouldn't delay it 7 Months on a boat. They say themselves it takes 4 to 6 weeks approx to get the books by ship so even if they were returned reprinted and then reshipped that'd account for 4 to 5 months ... what about the other 2 months on top of that time ? Think about it and how flimsy excuses are just that.

1 hour ago, Nosfer2d2 said:

SavageBob, missed that minor bit of news ... However even reprinting wouldn't delay it 7 Months on a boat. They say themselves it takes 4 to 6 weeks approx to get the books by ship so even if they were returned reprinted and then reshipped that'd account for 4 to 5 months ... what about the other 2 months on top of that time ? Think about it and how flimsy excuses are just that.

Remember these things have to be queued for printing. The manufacturers only have so many printers to use and there could be other items in the queue ahead of the reprint.

2 hours ago, SavageBob said:

There was a quality-control issue (warped covers) that necessitated a reprint in China.

Excuse me, but can you point me to the post this was discussed? I cannot find any news (let alone official announcements) about warped covers on this forum.

59 minutes ago, Colgrevance said:

Excuse me, but can you point me to the post this was discussed? I cannot find any news (let alone official announcements) about warped covers on this forum.

Sorry, it's in one of these multiple threads about Separatists being delayed. I don't have time to comb through them, but it's on here. Reddit talked about it, as well. There has been no official announcement.

1 hour ago, kaosoe said:

Remember these things have to be queued for printing. The manufacturers only have so many printers to use and there could be other items in the queue ahead of the reprint.

No one in their right mind would reprint the entire book for a bent cover, whoever invented this as the cause the rumour mill has grafted unto it bc of a lack of real information. As a librarian, I can tell you that a bent cover would require re-binding the printed pages with a newly printed cover. Any printer worth their salt could handle that in no time, que or not... and if the fault was theirs, then as a client I would be demanding they settle our account before moving on to other business. 

The real truth is we will likely never know what transpired or why bc the organization refuses to provide any information to its customers. That just poor customer service, and these repeated delays will not engender any confidence in their support for the line.

Given that their product has a highly sought after license, with an engaging and entertaining mechanic, you would think they would stand by it. Such a shame. I know all the groups I used to play in have moved on. 

This is the only reference to this problem I have seen. It could literally be anything though as the pages and pages of this thread mention. It will come though. We just need to continue being patient.

9 hours ago, Nosfer2d2 said:

I notice that as usual Rise Of The Separatists is still stuck on the boat.. 7 months it's been on a boat now ... However the  Allies & Adversaries book that was in development just 4 months back is now Shipping ! So it's kinda a slap in the face to everyone who pre-ordered a copy of ROTS :(

Considering the FFG shipping schedule, those of us that watch the potential release dates fly by are nothing more than masochists, so we should thank them for that slap in the face and ask them if we can have another!

5 hours ago, Khazadune said:

No one in their right mind would reprint the entire book for a bent cover, whoever invented this as the cause the rumour mill has grafted unto it bc of a lack of real information. As a librarian, I can tell you that a bent cover would require re-binding the printed pages with a newly printed cover. Any printer worth their salt could handle that in no time, que or not... and if the fault was theirs, then as a client I would be demanding they settle our account before moving on to other business. 

The real truth is we will likely never know what transpired or why bc the organization refuses to provide any information to its customers. That just poor customer service, and these repeated delays will not engender any confidence in their support for the line.

Given that their product has a highly sought after license, with an engaging and entertaining mechanic, you would think they would stand by it. Such a shame. I know all the groups I used to play in have moved on. 

If it were a single book? No, they wouldn't. However, if a good portion of a shipment arrived with serious warpage to the covers and potentially interiors, then yes, it would get recalled. 

14 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

If it were a single book? No, they wouldn't. However, if a good portion of a shipment arrived with serious warpage to the covers and potentially interiors, then yes, it would get recalled. 

I was not disputing that they would correct the defect, I was simply stating that a better remedy would be to cut the binding to free the text block and reattach that text block to reprinted covers. It would save the time of printing the interiors but would still require the covers be reprinted and the bindings be re-attached... but that's still a much less reduced work load than simply tossing them in the ocean and starting over. 

That's all hypothetical anyways, as the official word from FFG is nothing. 

37 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

So...my GM just messaged me from Celebration that he picked up both Rise of the Separatists and Allies and Adversaries.

tenor.gif?itemid=3576915

Books coming out? What a slap in the face! 

This company sucks. Seriously. I preordered this book almost a year ago, and now some guy in Chicago can cut me in line? That's just terrible. They should at least have shipped the books over the weekend they were releasing the books at the event, so we would all more or less get it in the same timeframe. 

For shame. 

26 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

This company sucks. Seriously. I preordered this book almost a year ago, and now some guy in Chicago can cut me in line? That's just terrible. They should at least have shipped the books over the weekend they were releasing the books at the event, so we would all more or less get it in the same timeframe. 

For shame. 

Hey, it's Chicago. They had to risk their lives to get to those books.

It's not just the Empire playing games with people's lives there... sometimes it's the cast of Empire too...

15 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

Hey, it's Chicago. They had to risk their lives to get to those books.

It's not just the Empire playing games with people's lives there... sometimes it's the cast of Empire too...

Lol at least the fans are still good people. Thanks Happy for the smile! 

1 hour ago, Khazadune said:

Lol at least the fans are still good people. Thanks Happy for the smile! 

I should have just bought it and saved myself the shipping costs.  Maybe I’ll get it tomorrow and cancel my preorder.  Also they sold out in five minutes the exclusive Darth Vader.  I’ll try again tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

It's not surprising that it is at celebration. Surely they've been lying on their product page then?

Lying seems to be a bit harsh.  They just don't bother to keep things up to date.

It's also possible the bulk of the books are still in transit to the US, with a small amount having been air freighted for the convention.

4 hours ago, Dr Lucky said:

It's also possible the bulk of the books are still in transit to the US, with a small amount having been air freighted for the convention.

That's probably the case.

Back with WotC's Saga Edition, they had a very small number of core rulebooks for sale at that year's Celebration, with the caveat that you had to recite a specific phrase to Rodney Thompson.  The book didn't hit widespread retail release until a few weeks later.

I suspect this means we'll be seeing RotS on store shelves by the end of next month at the latest, given we're getting Allies & Adversaries this month.