Entitled: We demand information

FFG: Something big is coming and we just changed communications teams

Entitled: not enough

FFG: Fine here...

Lucasfilm: That's a breach of contract

Disney: Send in the lawyers

FFG: With regrets we are filing for bankruptcy

How will that scenario help the game?

Lol there we go, i was wondering when it was going to just flat out turn into victim blaming. Clearly we're entitled by giving ffg money, it's our fault. My bad, didn't realize the customers were the villains in this the whole time. 

24 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

Lol there we go, i was wondering when it was going to just flat out turn into victim blaming. Clearly we're entitled by giving ffg money, it's our fault. My bad, didn't realize the customers were the villains in this the whole time. 

Have you never worked Customer Service?  :D

I have lots of evidence that Customers are, indeed, Villains.

The Whole Time.

(Yes, this was intended to be a lightheartedly flippant comment...  I served my times in the CustServMines of a Call Center :) )

Edited by Drasnighta

4 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

What victim, did FFG burn your village down? You got what you paid for, right? Most Armada players aren't on the forums acting like demanding, exhausted toddlers. I never said customers, I said entitled, sorry if I touched a nerve. My entire point is focusing anger at FFG is misplaced because there is a lot out of their control. We all know how casual Disney is with their properties.

4 minutes ago, Qualitypunk said:

What victim, did FFG burn your village down? You got what you paid for, right? Most Armada players aren't on the forums acting like demanding, exhausted toddlers. I never said customers, I said entitled, sorry if I touched a nerve. My entire point is focusing anger at FFG is misplaced because there is a lot out of their control. We all know how casual Disney is with their properties.

Now I'm a toddler for saying ffg should support their games. Glad this devolved to name calling guy. And people say I'm the one thats bad for the community. 

15 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Have you never worked Customer Service?  :D

I have lots of evidence that Customers are, indeed, Villains.

The Whole Time.

(Yes, this was intended to be a lightheartedly flippant comment...  I served my times in the CustServMines of a Call Center :) )

Oh this comment takes me back.

33 minutes ago, Qualitypunk said:

Now you're just trolling

you literally blamed the customer base for wanting communication by saying they were "entitled" and then said they were being toddlers. you can call me a troll as much as you'd like, your argument went from "everyone else is being negative here's what i want"  To "FFG did nothing wrong". 

Have fun with that stance.  

55 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

you literally blamed the customer base for wanting communication by saying they were "entitled" and then said they were being toddlers. you can call me a troll as much as you'd like, your argument went from "everyone else is being negative here's what i want"  To "FFG did nothing wrong". 

Have fun with that stance.  

I didn't call anyone a toddler, I suggested people were acting like toddlers which is different. I didn't say the customer base was entitled I suggested a few were entitled for thinking a company should sabotage long term to appease a vocal few. I never said FFG did nothing wrong, I said FFG isn't in full control of when they can release information. You've maliciously twisted what I said, turning a light hearted post about a missing product code into a platform for your illogical vendetta against FFG. As you missed the dated reference in my title

1 hour ago, Benjan Meruna said:

Not releasing new stuff fast enough for my liking != not supporting the game.

Lol so your argument is that it is ok to go longer than 1 year without releases for a game? Good luck with that man, I'm sure plenty of gaming stores are absolutely going to hang around for that once a year or so release. 

Good news, there's always someones basement you can play in. 

1 hour ago, Qualitypunk said:

I didn't call anyone a toddler, I suggested people were acting like toddlers which is different. I didn't say the customer base was entitled I suggested a few were entitled for thinking a company should sabotage long term to appease a vocal few. I never said FFG did nothing wrong, I said FFG isn't in full control of when they can release information. You've maliciously twisted what I said, turning a light hearted post about a missing product code into a platform for your illogical vendetta against FFG. As you missed the dated reference in my title

OMG how could i ever had taken your direct reference to " Most Armada players aren't on the forums acting like demanding, exhausted toddlers" as you referring to me as a toddler, nope, that was clearly my issue. 

"Entitled: We demand information

FFG: Fine here..."

Not only does this not clearly reflect the situation (literally the last armada article was 3 months ago and it was about how the regional had already started lol) it also suggests people mad at FFG for not giving out any information on future releases is our fault and not the person behind the releases. That's victim blaming. You're setting up the false argument that is a demanding public that's responsible for FFG not putting out content, it's not, it's FFG slowing the production of this game that's frustrating people and causing them to walk away from the game while retailers being to stop carrying the product. 

But hey, name call all you want all day long. I grew up on 4chan, you're finding excuses for FFG's poor behavior, name calling, and victim blaming aren't gonna bug me. You should make another thread where you list out 36 other things FFG isn't likely to release including a favorite Pegasus Pony of someones with it's cutie tattoo. 

These positive outlook threads are useless because:

1.) Normal people who are fine with waiting for new stuff don't feel compelled to write strongly worded agreements.

2.) The angry/negative/pessimists who see it will bombard you with their opinions.

a. They seem to get very upset when you disagree with them.

b. They don't actually want to change their minds.

3.) It turns into a locked thread because someone eventually blames SJWs, Obama, or Putin.

4.) It has been talked about so many times that there is really nothing else left to say on the topic. 

5.) Speculation on things we have no control over just creates rumors, false hope, false worries, and doesn't help anyone play plastic spaceships any better than when the thread started.

12 hours ago, dominosfleet said:

it's origin: nickname as a kid was "Domino"(real name is Damien, someone misheard me on a bus when they asked me my name, she heard "Domino" and it stuck. I was 12).

I played a lot of starcraft at lans around the same age. I was known for building scout/carrier fleets and during one of said lans someone noticed me descending on their base and he said "Oh, no, here comes Domino's fleet". 

This has been: Birth of a Username. 

That’s way better than how I got my username...

11 hours ago, Benjan Meruna said:

Not releasing new stuff fast enough for my liking != not supporting the game.

I don’t think anyone is complaining about ‘fast enough for my liking’ more ‘virtually no releases/real communication in a year’. There’s a big difference.

Lets be real here, announcing the biggest model they have ever produced then not hyping it to the rafters is a questionable business decision at the very least. To say nothing of a more general release for both factions.

We need to stop pretending like FFG hasn't given us any communication.  

They've tweeted about Armada, announced the largest expansion in history, and taken out a FOUR PAGE add in December's GTM.   I mean they could certainly do more... but they could also certainly be doing alot less.  

6 minutes ago, Crabbok said:

We need to stop pretending like FFG hasn't given us any communication.  

They've tweeted about Armada, announced the largest expansion in history, and taken out a FOUR PAGE add in December's GTM.   I mean they could certainly do more... but they could also certainly be doing alot less.  

A friend of mine and I had a conversation about this. FFG has released some communication but it has been very sparse. Yes they did announce the SSD initially they said it would hit the shelves early Q1 but we have heard nothing about it since. I want to give FFG my money, but they are making it very difficult to do so. 

Ah, I see.   So it's probably Disney's fault that FFG hasn't been able to publish, post, or tweet any of the awesome content they've written and prepared for Armada... and  it's Disney's fault that Armada has been moved with IA to "World's Junior" at Adepticon and is not remaining with the A-Line Star Wars games at Roseville.  

Ah, I see.

We're getting into some awesome conspiracy-theory level stuff now just to avoid having to admit to ourselves that, "wow, FFG's actions over the past two years sure make it seem like they do not highly value or prioritize the game of Armada or its playerbase...." 

I think it really boils down to this, we have gotten some news with tweets and magazine advertisements, but because we are not getting articles or being treated like FFGs other games it causes people to worry, they have said to be patient but the patients of many is starting to wear thin. they haven't asked any other communities to be patient for so long at least none that are part of OP.  With the discontinued support of runewars that was getting more support from FFG then we have it has caused genuine concerns. I consider myself more frustrated that people are leaving the game then anything else, but with the given variables I can't say I blame them.  I personally feel that if FFG is going to save the community it needs to announce something, because as it stands right now my local community is slowly falling apart, I will do everything I can to keep it going, but in the end if the game and community does not recive official support from FFG well then people will continue to leave, and for me thats what is most frustrating about the situation, not that we are not getting new stuff or articals or anything like that, but that the latter is deconstructive of local communities, because there is a perecived notion that FFG does not care about this game so why should I care.  I believe most people are fine with one wave a year, but the SSD is not a wave, and all we need is comunication that a new wave is coming and have updates about its development.

5 minutes ago, xero989 said:

...they have said to be patient but the patients of many is starting to wear thin. they haven't asked any other communities to be patient for so long at least none that are part of OP.  ...

Imperial Assault is probably the next closest analogy.  They've been complaining about their stale Organized Play map rotation and substantially slowed release schedule (though, to be fair, they've still had 1 Small Box and 4 Booster expansions in 2018, but then technically the MC75 and Chimaera were a very early 2018 release as well, I guess?).  The community is generally frustrated with lack of communication from FFGOP and the competitive game, unsure of where their game stands in the future especially given that Legion now exists, and their Worlds also moved from Roseville to Adepticon (like Armada).

16 hours ago, Qualitypunk said:

Or:

Entitled: We demand information

FFG: Fine here...

Lucasfilm: That's a breach of contract

Disney: Send in the lawyers

FFG: With regrets we are filing for bankruptcy

How will that scenario help the game?

So, yes, the last few lines of my vignette can be interpreted this way if isolated from the longer story - nevertheless, let me clarify:  I don't think the frustration and dismay stems from FFG not divulging information about new stuff before they're ready - but rather a continuation of lack of engagement in the armada community in a meaningful capacity for a long time, with what feel like hollow promises to improve. The promise to communicate better is not a new promise.

I'm not demanding they breach contract with LucasArts, I'm pretty dumb, but I'm not THAT dumb ;)

For example:

- Suppose FFG take some time to write up a few strategy articles of their own rather than just be guests.

- Interview some more of the regional championship winners rather than just worlds.

- Pick the brain of the design team again.

- Interview the model design team.

- A Q&A session right now would be a bad idea, but eventually after community re-engagement has hit a certain threshold, it's a good one. 

- Have the staff play a Corellian Conflict campaign (or a new campaign?) and give weekly videos recorded in the style of a HoloNet News Cast (if you play EVE Online at all, the Scope videos by CCP games is wonderful).

There are many many ways to re-engage with the community without having to post spoilers or even keep a consistent release schedule (though a consistent release schedule would be nice). Will many people still ask for those spoilers? Probably. But I'm willing to bet that as community re-engagement increases, the demands that you refer to by "Entitled" character will probably reduce quite a bit, too.

Edited by ThatRobHuman