Senjius

Recon intel Vs Rapid Reinforcements

Can units equipped with "recon intel" do the "scout movement" before deploying to move into range 1 or 2 of any enemy unit?

Hello fellow players, (sorry for murdering your language XD)

I have a doubt concerning this two cards, Recon Intel and Rapid Reinforcements and their wording.

I play with spanish cards and the last time, my opponent and I didn´t know how to use this two cards together. My opponent deployed the wookies with rapid reinforcements at range 2 from my scouts and then he used recon intel to move towards their sworn enemy. We weren´t sure that this movement was correct but we did it this way and I am glad because the battle was going my way and the furry mean machines made it more interesting.

I write down the references in english so you can help me if you have the time. 

Deployment: If the “Rapid Reinforcements” condition card was selected during setup, each player will have set aside up to two units to deploy later during the game.

Rapid Reinforcements: Starting with the blue player, each player sets aside up to 2 non-commander trooper units and their order tokens, marking each with a condition token. At the end of the Command Phase of round 2, players add these set-aside order tokens to their order pools. When a player draws a token with a rank that matches a set-aside unit, if there are no other unactivated units with a matching rank, they must place that unit on the battlefield, beyond range 2 of all enemy units. That unit is treated as activated and its order token is placed facedown on the battlefield.

Recon intel: You gain Scout 1 (After you deploy, you may perform a speed-1 move.)

Placing a unit with Rapid Reinforcements is not deploying. If you set aside a unit with Scout X or the Recon Intel upgrade the abilities will go to waste and not come into play at all.

Edited by arnoldrew

27 minutes ago, Senjius said:

Can units equipped with "recon intel" do the "scout movement" before deploying to move into range 1 or 2 of any enemy unit?

Hello fellow players, (sorry for murdering your language XD)

I have a doubt concerning this two cards, Recon Intel and Rapid Reinforcements and their wording.

I play with spanish cards and the last time, my opponent and I didn´t know how to use this two cards together. My opponent deployed the wookies with rapid reinforcements at range 2 from my scouts and then he used recon intel to move towards their sworn enemy. We weren´t sure that this movement was correct but we did it this way and I am glad because the battle was going my way and the furry mean machines made it more interesting.

I write down the references in english so you can help me if you have the time. 

Deployment: If the “Rapid Reinforcements” condition card was selected during setup, each player will have set aside up to two units to deploy later during the game.

Rapid Reinforcements: Starting with the blue player, each player sets aside up to 2 non-commander trooper units and their order tokens, marking each with a condition token. At the end of the Command Phase of round 2, players add these set-aside order tokens to their order pools. When a player draws a token with a rank that matches a set-aside unit, if there are no other unactivated units with a matching rank, they must place that unit on the battlefield, beyond range 2 of all enemy units. That unit is treated as activated and its order token is placed facedown on the battlefield.

Recon intel: You gain Scout 1 (After you deploy, you may perform a speed-1 move.)

This exact case was added to the RRG in the last update under Scout X on page 49 (at least in the english version, I don't know if the spanish one was also updated as I've never seen it):

"The scout x keyword is only used after a unit is deployed. If a unit is placed on the battlefield by a game effect, such as the Rapid Reinforcements condition card, the scout x keyword does not apply."